Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

ASUP At It Again! This Time, It May Not Be Funny. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP At It Again! This Time, It May Not Be Funny. (468 Views)

ASUP Set To Call Off Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / ASUP Strike--yabatech Student Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUP At It Again! This Time, It May Not Be Funny. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic ASUP started their industrial strike on the 29th of April nd suspended it on the 16th of July 2013. The amazing thing about the strike was that only polytechnic students, their parents, wards and few relatives knew about it. This was so irritating, after two weeks the strike had commenced, the former minister for education, Prof. Rufia said she did'nt know abt it.
Now, the union has commenced it suspended strike and this time, there are strong indications that the strike will last pretty long as it is not certain if the current minister of education, Wike nd the minister of information Maku know about it.
I guess this time, fed. polytechnic students will spend the rest of the year at home. I made a research on how popular ASUP is and i got to know that bearly 2 out of 10 of average Nigerians don't know about the strike.
Oh! Let's check it from this perspective, ASUU is on strike, all other unions across the country have threathen to join ASUU in a solidarity strike (including NLC), while ASUP paralysed academic activities in fed. polys across the country and not even the press talked about it not to talk of other unions.
My advice to all polytechnic students is to remain prayerful, flood the net with articles and news on ASUP strike and remain law abiding citizen.
I rep. Fed. Poly. Ilaro.

(1) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University UTME Result / The Reality About ASUU & FG / Ekiti State Government Scholarship And Bursary Awards 2013, Ends 31st October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.