Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? (48936 Views)

#ProjectClothe1000 By Nasarawa Corpers In Sdgs & FRSC CDS Group / Best Nysc Camp In Nigeria / Which State Has The Best Nysc Camp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by highmood(m): 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
fubbyy: thanks bro,i go join am nxt month
just finished from bayelsa this month. I joined the Mgd but was called to partake as an enumerator in my world survey by the united Nation. I got a cert from mdg and a letter of commendation from the UN. I had a friend who joined FRSC and regreted leaving MDG. He said they were billed to pay close to about #4500,for,project and a jacket. After everything the gave them a poor letter of commendation with a promise to,give them later..God knows when. So MDG is cool, don't know for any.
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Sholexys(m): 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Editorial CDs all d way Jo
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 19, 2013
If you love moving outside your state of service then the CDS for you is;
*Drama and Dance
*Sports
*Redcross
*Band
Benefits: you meet corps members and non-corps members from other states. You will become more active and fit due to the energy needed to participate in the groups' activities. You are likely to be posted to a town. You can continue with a group like Red cross and you get to attend political rallies and football matches as well as meet important personalities. You also learn great first aid treatments that will be of use to you and people around you forever.

*If you love talking and moving around your state of service the cds for you is;
*Anti -HIV
*Nafdac
*Efcc
*ICPC
Benefits: These groups' activities do not end with your service year; you can continue participating even after service. You learn how to speak in public and write great proposals. If you are lucky, the group may employ you after your service year has run out. If you are someone like me that appreciates rural settings, Anti-Hiv is perfect for you as you get to visit so many rural areas and see the real Nigerians you don't hear about in the media.

If you care about the environment;
*Environmental cds
*Road Safety
*Tourism

Benefits: for the environmental cds, you get to really serve the state: you clean the environment. This will make you appreciate low level workers. You can also loose weight from the group's activities. If you are hard working enough, you may catch the eye of some one important.
For Road Safety: it is all about the respect citizens and motorists will accord you. You also get to stand under the sun for long thus your skin will be well tanned.
For Tourism: You get to visit places in the state and learn the history of the state.

If you prefer writing or staying put:
*Publicity/Editorial
*Charity & Welfare
Benefits: No physical stress. For the Publicity/Editorial, you get closer to NYSC officials. Your writing/editorial skills will be well improved. You hear information first hand. You are likely to be posted to a town for your PPA.
For Charity & Welfare: you get to visit orphanages, destitute homes, prison and so on. It makes you more humane and aware of the plights of others.

10 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by slimikenna(m): 12:48am On Oct 19, 2013
the best is the nysc band. nothing llike it.

yes, its possible to be in two cds groups. talk to the cordinator and president. they will handle d paperwork. u can even switch cds groups...its more complicated sha.

served in maiduguri, borno.
i was a member of 2 cds groups.

in borno, band was d bomb...not literally sha. lol.

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by martowskin1(m): 1:48am On Oct 19, 2013
Make I hear say I go CDS, time to take go get extra cash I say na CDS........allawe wen no reach so, guys make una lockup o, my CDS days na for my extra job(teaching in an IT center)

2 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Nomso007(m): 2:09am On Oct 19, 2013
NySC Band!!!!! ONE Band! One Sound!!
ONE Sound! One Band!!
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by susay2006: 4:57am On Oct 19, 2013
pls, which of the cds groups contributes money the most?

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by ChrisGnarly: 5:50am On Oct 19, 2013
MDGs all d way. MDGs activities comprises of every other cds grp work, what ever dy do in any other cds group is a component of mdgs, its educative, interactive and entertaning from its training to the end. if u dd nt perform well in d training they wound take u, i lv MDGs.. nysc... mdgs.... a happy family of development....................
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by madone: 6:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Can one join in camp or after camp how is the enrolment done

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Band CDS!-Music is LIFE!
Really Loved my Drum

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by ejsweet: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2013
the best cds group to join is ndlea......say no to drugs group,is one of d best group to join soo far
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by VeektourStober(m): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Editorial (Publicity) CDS all the way.
Why? Cos it's the King of all CDS.
How can you be a member?
Join the Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS) from camp. Be an active member in order to be recognized & posted to the town. Automatically, all Editorial or Publicity CDS members are posted to state capitals.
Editorial/Publicity CDS members from diff states are in charge of producing the monthly NYSC newsletters, the NYSC year magazine, radio & TV station programs, sensitizing schools among others. With collaboration with the NYSC PR Unit, they are the mouth piece of all other CDS & the NYSC.
Last Bullet:
If you manage to join Editorial/Publicity CDS & luck come smile on you to become the Presido, chai!
You don hammer!
Although, it's not easy to become a member of the OBS in camp not to talk of becoming an Editorial/Publicity CDS member.
Presidents of the Editorial/Publicity CDS are more powerful than Corper Liason Officers (CLOs). During my NYSC service year, I was the Editorial/Publicity CDS President of my set. I worked hard, had sense, swagg & knew the way.
Long live Editorial/Publicity CDS!
Other CDS which I can recommend for people are: NYSC Band, Charity (The big boys & girls click. You go donate money like Dangote), Dance & Drama, Culture & Tourism.
. Okiki pls. hw do I gt 2 join d obs in camp n y is it difficult 2 bcum a membr? ? ? ...
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by RabboniX(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Editorial (Publicity) CDS all the way.
Why? Cos it's the King of all CDS.
How can you be a member?
Join the Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS) from camp. Be an active member in order to be recognized & posted to the town. Automatically, all Editorial or Publicity CDS members are posted to state capitals.
Editorial/Publicity CDS members from diff states are in charge of producing the monthly NYSC newsletters, the NYSC year magazine, radio & TV station programs, sensitizing schools among others. With collaboration with the NYSC PR Unit, they are the mouth piece of all other CDS & the NYSC.
Last Bullet:
If you manage to join Editorial/Publicity CDS & luck come smile on you to become the Presido, chai!
You don hammer!
Although, it's not easy to become a member of the OBS in camp not to talk of becoming an Editorial/Publicity CDS member.
Presidents of the Editorial/Publicity CDS are more powerful than Corper Liason Officers (CLOs). During my NYSC service year, I was the Editorial/Publicity CDS President of my set. I worked hard, had sense, swagg & knew the way.
Long live Editorial/Publicity CDS!
Other CDS which I can recommend for people are: NYSC Band, Charity (The big boys & girls click. You go donate money like Dangote), Dance & Drama, Culture & Tourism.

Very true,this cds gives u immunity both in camp and during ur service year, u practically live above the law. I was president during my service year in abuja and it was really fun!
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by samlestic(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2013
fubbyy: i dnt think so, mod dis is the kind of topic 2 mk fp for prospective corpers
front page 4 wat cds's are waste of time. just kom n waste d whole of d day. not all d cds ar3 in all states. like frsc may not b in ur state of ppa
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2013
If I join the FRSC cds I can get a free drivers licence
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by WongFeiHong(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Servicom -simply the best.
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Veektour Stober: . Okiki pls. hw do I gt 2 join d obs in camp n y is it difficult 2 bcum a membr? ? ? ...
are u still in camp? If yes. Go to d OBS studio & seek how 2 bcom a member. The people in charge may tell you there's no chance. But don't give up. Keep pressing to enter. Show them what you can do. i.e: maybe casting news, reporting news, hosting a radio program etc. Make sure u r up n doing. Dats how every OBS corper joined the OBS Crew. Dazz all.
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by spicy244(f): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
FRSC .... Rocks. Id card, certificate, drivers licence depending on ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ liaison officer, uniform. Infact everybody in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ L.govt wishes dey are in Road safety group.

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Zikkie(f): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
doctore89: BAND, BAND, BAND, ONE BAND, ONE SOUND, ALWAYS FUN TO BE THERE, NEVER REGRET IT FOR A DAY DAMN, I MISS MY DRUMS cry

I hope ladies are allowed in dis group?
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by eightsin(m): 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
U dnt av d right to choose ur CD group ursef...
Bt if u stuborn...u go fit win.
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by crest2j(m): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
How to join frsc? During camp or afta camp?
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by corpROYAL(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
NEMA group all the way, if you join this group and you are very active there is tendency of getting job in NEMA after your NYSC. NEMA is happen to be under Presidency. You will receive your certificate after your service year. This can also fetch you a job in NGO setting.

MDGs is also ok being a United Nation program, but the work load is too much. Mind you, This group can also fetch you a job in United Nation and NGO.

Chrarity and welfare, is also good. It enable you to see other side of the world and give thanks to God for who you are because you will visit prision and les priviledge. Mind you any money you contribute can make a way for you because you are helping less priviledge and there is no way God will not help you in return. They will also give you certificate which can get you a job in an NGO settings as well.

Road Safety have advantage and disadvange. Advantage is you can get some money if you people go on road, free driving license, I.D card. You will be respected because some people will think you are a confirm road safety office but the disadvantage is that, you will expose to risk on the road, you will be under sun, and there is no chance for you in the road safety for job, they can only make false promises because corper go corper come.

When you are on camp and you don't like the prade and the excercise stuff and stress the locate OBS on camp and join them, if you want to join you more be in camp earlier maybe first or second day because prospective corp member like also want to join to do away with stress and prade on camp. Advantage is that you will be able to relate with your OBS offical and there is tendency of being posted to a good place for you ppa and you will also being in the city.

I hope all this information will be helpful for the prospective corp member, don't hesitate to ask more question. I wish you all acident free and a sucessful service year. Remain bless!

4 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Finafina(f): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
li2boy: Tourism all d way. Tourism cds in abuja was fun,d best cds grp of 2011 batch c kiss
Whts tourism about biko? Will u be travelling up and down?
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Maqp2: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Abeg make una no vex, wetin be cds?
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by slimjummie: 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dance and drama...twas all fun
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Mudasiruluqman(m): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
FRSC is d best CDS
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
everybody is mentioning is frsc,it must surly be the best

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by webguru(m): 5:11am On Oct 20, 2013
FRSC... I should have joined. You can use the shirt after service.

thing is in my LG we were given CDS groups.

It wasnt a matter of choice
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by StObaino1(m): 11:53am On Oct 20, 2013
Team FRSC.!!!!
I strongly believe its d best.
I worked with the FRSC Unit command. We went from schools to parks to road works to elighten road user which isn't restricted to drivers alone but pedestrians too.

I was the Cadet in Chief. One good thing is the certificate and the IDcard given. With it, no FRSC official will arrest you unless ur crime is a great one.

If am to serve again, it will surely be FRSC.

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Opiosko: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
St_Obaino: Team FRSC.!!!!
I strongly believe its d best.
I worked with the FRSC Unit command. We went from schools to parks to road works to elighten road user which isn't restricted to drivers alone but pedestrians too.

I was the Cadet in Chief. One good thing is the certificate and the IDcard given. With it, no FRSC official will arrest you unless ur crime is a great one.

If am to serve again, it will surely be FRSC.
Pls how can i join easily? Will it be at the camp or ppa?. I need to knw pls, i'm going next month. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by StObaino1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Opiosko: Pls how can i join easily? Will it be at the camp or ppa?. I need to knw pls, i'm going next month. Thanks

Well, my cousin was FRSC so he advised me to do all I can to join it.
So after posting to ppa in camp, we were conveyed to our LGs. On getting there, there's a registration into the LG and Orientation. During that registration, find out who's the CLO( Corper liason Officer). Befriend with him/her, then tell him/her what you really want. In some LGs, its d LI dat assigns CDS but d CLO can help.

If you have no plans of relocating, don't rush back home, I stayed bk, got a house, made older corper friends b4 traveling.

Keep in touch with the CLO or who ever is in charge so you can always remind them. As the C in C, during my tenure, I influenced many pple coming to FRSC. Its a honorable post next to the CLO I must say.

If u want details, ping me on 22bc8945. Or whatssap on 08035770540.

2 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by StObaino1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Opiosko: Pls how can i join easily? Will it be at the camp or ppa?. I need to knw pls, i'm going next month. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC: Corper Stands On A Chair To Reach The School Board (Video) / Suspension Of Ebonyi Christian Corpers: MURIC Reacts, Supports CAN / Jos Corper Proposes To His Corper Girlfriend At Their Passing Out Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.