Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria (8125 Views)

Aerial Filming With Quadcopter (drone) / Quadcopter Flight Over Lagos, Nigeria (aerial Filming) / Photography Newbie: Any School Of Photography In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by SwordOfOrion(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wow! And I thought I was the only one into quadcopters and all things rc. So there actually IS an rc community in Nigeria?!! shocked

By the way.....first post of 2014! grin
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2014
SwordOfOrion: Wow! And I thought I was the only one into quadcopters and all things rc.
That's really funny... why in the world would you think that? smh!
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by SwordOfOrion(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
VillageBoi:
That's really funny... why in the world would you think that? smh!
Sorry if I sounded that way to you but honestly I have NEVER in my life met anyone in Nigeria with even a remote let alone serious interest in rc (granted, I don't get around much but still...). Even your profile shows that you are located in the UK. Yes I know I couldn't possibly be the only living person on Nigerian soil to have such an interest...I was only exaggerating and going for a bit of humour but I see you took my comment overly seriously (as evidenced by "smh!", unless I am also taking your comment too seriously cheesy ). Anyway I'm really happy to have come across you guys and I hope to learn a lot from all of you (from your posts you guys really know your stuff) even though I'm not really into videos and FPV and so on(YET), building wicked looking custom stunt quads, gliders, powered planes and helis is what I really fancy for now (you know, RedBull Air Race stuff), then from there I'm thinking of pushing the endurance envelope. I'm building my first quad now (my first rc anything in fact) so I'm still a noob and I have a very long way to go, I'm no expert. Please forgive me if I sound discourteous or anything, I'm just excited that's all.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by SwordOfOrion(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Joagbaje: I've study much of aerial photography from America and other places but I've not hear of it in Nigeria. Is there anyone here who is into aerial filming. I do have some drones and quads , let's discuss
@VillageBoi You see what I'm talking about?! The OP was curious if there were like minded people out there so he too was probably feeling as isolated as I was. Probably the very reason why he started this thread!

VillageBoi: You're definitely onto something pretty good that is for the most part lacking in Naija.
Those were your very own words! So you can't blame me for my thoughts! grin
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
^ ^ ^
I understand what you are saying but your initial post did come across as that. No biggie, people are into all sorts of things and yes, granted it isn't huge in Nigeria but quad shots have been used in various Nigerian films - they most probably do hire foreign operators, as well as, usage in some of the films that have been shot abroad. It's going to grow I think. Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On Jan 06, 2014
SwordOfOrion: Wow! And I thought I was the only one into quadcopters and all things rc. So there actually IS an rc community in Nigeria?!! shocked

By the way.....first post of 2014! grin

Nice to hear from you . You said you're into Rc and helicopters I'm really interested . I've been trying to get a realistic looking Rc helicopter . Bell 222 to be precise . I want to use it in a movie . Can you help?
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by MDMA: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
[color=#crimson]I have 2 GoPro Hero3 cameras, 1 GoPro Hero3+ camera, and 1 GoPro Hero2 camera shocked

Don't ask me how.

I'm still working out ideas to use em for a short movie.[/color]

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 10:33am On Jan 08, 2014
What's the difference between hero3 black and hero 3+ From your experience
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
VillageBoi:

Hiya, yes I saw it a few days ago. There are a couple of major problems which I'm sure you're already aware of -
1) There is only one type of shot - a super wide quadcopter shot.
2) You need a 'pop shield' for your voice over mic.

whats a pop shield?

How do you add background music and the voiceover?
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Joagbaje: Here is one of my works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f41nQQc7HY

I like the background music!

What place is this? The sand looks yellow! shocked
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
I have a dslr Nikkon. I guess you cant attach those kind of cameras to these copters right?

You need the special ones I spose.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

whats a pop shield?

How do you add background music and the voiceover?

A pop shield is a kind of 'screen' that stops 'popping' air from certain words reaching the mic. Pic below.
Music and VO are added during the edit; usually different audio tracks.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by collins123(m): 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
Joagbaje: What's the difference between hero3 black and hero 3+ From your experience

Colour quality. And 4K mode is much better unlike the horseshit on Gopro 3.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

I like the background music!

What place is this? The sand looks yellow! shocked

It's River Nun in bayelsa.

The colour was adjusted

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by richcasey: 5:29am On Jan 02, 2016
I might need a drone that can carry a bm 4k camera soon. I have a hotel tvc in Nigeria.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by hushbabyy: 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
richcasey:
I might need a drone that can carry a bm 4k camera soon. I have a hotel tvc in Nigeria.

I have Dji Phantom 3 pro..It comes with a 4k camera.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by obioraval(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2016
Please ,I need information onthe camera mount device(gimbal) for an aerial vehicle.

Would be glad if the house could help me as I'm daring to do a robotics project in Nigeria.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by FIPS: 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hello everyone, is there anyone here stil in the business of aerial photography. I need that service on my site asap. Please send me a mail on tobvic4real@yahoo.com thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Smiling Girl Which Can Be Seen Only When Your Eyes Are Half Closed. / How To Make Money As A Graphic Designer In Lagos / Whatsapp Group Chat For (digital, Comic And Creative Artists)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.