Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea (27057 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by dewale2k: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Nigeria’s first Lady, Patience Jonathan pose for pictures with President of Hansei University, Sung-Hae Kim

Wife of Nigeria’s president, Patience Jonathan, on Thursday added one more Honorary Doctorate degree to her gallery after a South Korean University honoured her.

It is Mrs. Jonathan’s fourth doctorate since becoming Nigeria’s First Lady.

The awarding institution, Hansei University, said they honoured Mrs. Jonathan because she had worked “hard for many good causes.”

“She’s a humanitarian who has dedicated her life to working for the less privileged in Nigeria and Africa especially for women and children,” president and Chancellor of Hansei University, Sung-Hae Kim said.

”Her vision as the defender of the poor in Nigeria fits into Hansei University’s motto of a practising Christian. Now she’s part of our community,” Prof. Kim added.

The university also said it chose her for the degree because of her dedication to prayer.

”I was surprised that she travelled here for the Church Growth International conference years back to pray for Nigeria. For her selfless work, Hansei University confers this degree on her,” Yonggi Cho, co-founder of the Hansei University.

“I was just doing my own thing not knowing that in far away Asia everything was being noted. I want to assure you all that with God’s help I will do more,” Mrs. Jonathan said, thanking the Koreans.

”My grandma used to say: `Whatever little you have, share; If you have a thousand and you can’t share, you won’t share a million if you have’.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the ceremony was attended by wives of the governors of Benue and Ebonyi, wives of the Chief of Army Staff and the Chief of Naval Staff, among other dignitaries.

source http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146462-patience-jonathan-honoured-doctorate-degree-north-korea.html

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Gboyee4fun(m): 10:05am On Oct 12, 2013
Defender of the poor? Can someone tell dis madam dat d poor r suffering cos of ASUU strike

29 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by jaryeh(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2013
hope say her 'use of english' don improve sha.

Congrats to the first lady anyway.

en en

how are your fellow widows?

20 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Gosj01(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Defender of the poor indeed!

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Adrenaline123(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Henceforth, should be addressed as
Dame (Dr) Patience Goodluck Jonathan. Bsc, Msc, PhD(Seoul), JP, Esq.

13 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by oladoya(m): 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
why cant this useless woman try to get the degree from any of our Universities in Nigeria? She knew people will ask questions and if we should follow protocol with what her husband is doing, am sure she will use twelve years before obtaining anything.

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by SecretDreams(m): 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by SecretDreams(m): 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
Congrats ma, how much did you buy this one again ?

35 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nwereonye(m): 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
Secret_Dreams: Congrats ma, how much did you buy this one again ?
shocked grin

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by amlos007(m): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Smh,why she no go hadvard?all this chinco things are not reliable.

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by bionicdude(m): 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wen will she collect d next doctorate degree from d university of gbaguan."shepopo" d number 1 enemy of d english language

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jayses(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Adventure movie out fit

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
I must not lie, apart from her english which she has improved on, the First lady has tried for women and children all over Africa.

21 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by homesteady(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Good for her! smiley

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Sermwell(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hu gave her dat degree? I'm sure my granma needs one buh can we afford it?

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
bionicdude: Wen will she collect d next doctorate degree from university of gbaguan.shepopo d number 1 enemy of d english language

Even ur english isn't perfect. U made mistake in just 3 lines.

34 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
I just hoped dat she will be able 2 speak coherently wit the doctorate degree she nw posses....i wnt be suprised if in a year time is been address as prof.patience jonathan

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gboyee4fun: Defender of the poor? Can someone tell dis madam dat d poor r suffering cos of ASUU strike

Is she your president? Dumb people like you forget that she holds no political office.

10 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Caracta(f): 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
“I was just doing my own thing not knowing that
in far away Asia everything was being noted. I
want to assure you all that with God’s help I will
do more,” Mrs. Jonathan said, thanking the
Koreans.

Hmmmm. Keep doing your own thing. I'll do mine too.

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Big joke! It's not like I care anyway
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
oladoya: why cant this useless woman try to get the degree from any of our Universities in Nigeria? She knew people will ask questions and if we should follow protocol with what her husband is doing, am sure she will use twelve years before obtaining anything.

Guess your mum isn't good enough to be respected, that's why you could call someone else's mother useless for no obvious reason. I can bet anything that your mum can't speak good simple english.

71 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Ismahill(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Phd 4 olodo rabata.pple wey sabi book sef nver gt Nd

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by babseg(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Secret_Dreams: Congrats ma, how much did you buy this one again ?

Hey keep quiet and stop spoken bad English hear.

You were supposed to say

Congrats ma, how much did you bought these one angry

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
My fat first lady kiss
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Ismahill(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Promhize:

Is she your president? Dumb people like you forget that she holds no political office.
who tell u say she no hold any political office.with wetin im nd im husband do Amechi.u remember say dm wan build office 4 her sha.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Sllowppoisoon: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
She deserves it lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
Well, seems very likely as madam's command of english isn't very different from the S.Koreans'. So let people on the same page mingleeee grin

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by BonnyDominic: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
Congratulation.... They shudn't have say in Nigeria because me no see her for other state o except Abuja
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
I won't be surprised if the university is owned by a Nigerian and is barely a one storey building university. That one na ogbanje university oo grin

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jglad(f): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
Since she no fit speak english wella, i hp say she don learn dia language... Atleast make she jst knw 1 well well sha.. Abeg wetin b congrats 4 korean language?

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Codedrock(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
AND HATERS FOR NAIJA GO DEY TALK SAY SHE FIT SPEAK WELLA.. See now she don get international D award. For eyes.. lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
Promhize:

Guess your mum isn't good enough to be respected, that's why you could call someone else's mother useless for no obvious reason. I can bet anything that your mum can't speak good simple english.

You've made your point already. Allowed the boy to talk. We know she paid you but please don't attack everyone here just because you are trying to defend you indefensible paymaster. This is a forum. Everyman has a right to his opinion.

@topic, They should tell us in clear terms the things she did to merit the award, and not just bogus 'humanitarian' crap. Personally, i think she bought this title.

42 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Latest Webometrics Ranking For Nigerian Universities July 2017 / Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Sex For Grades: BBC To Air Documentary About Nigerian Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.