Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch (49288 Views)

A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Informations About Obudu Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
A
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by excell12go(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
@ jeezy, its now called obudu mountain resort. I saw few cows/catlles there and I snapped them,but like I said I had fone issues and I don't have them anymore.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by braine(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
I have some
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Leopantro: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
thanks for the info. I'm planning on visiting the place on my honeymoon but was told by a friend that the place is lonely and boring on any other day apart from holidays. also, electricity supply is epileptic. could I get more information about the mini hotels and list the other attractions apart from the above?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Adamskuty(m): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
What a beauty cheesy i need to visit this place at once,off to calabar
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Arosa(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
I will love to visit Obudu Ranch some day, very nice.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Adamskuty(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
mZ sleeq: @ jeezy, its now called obudu mountain resort. I saw few cows/catlles there and I snapped them,but like I said I had fone issues and I don't have them anymore.
borrow phone,snap,upload undecided abi ur colleagues phone to get issh?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Arosa(m): 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
The funny thing is: if a country like Ghana has a place like this, the world would know of it and it will be packed with tourists. undecided

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
smiley
Adamskuty: borrow phone,snap,upload undecided abi ur colleagues phone to get issh?
We all took diffrent pics,and I only know one out of them, I sevred in calabar, they served in ogoja! 6hrs from calabar,just got these pictures on POP day.
If u want to see cattles,well....u know what to do.
these are all I have.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by carmenblandish: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
@JMOI..

It is because of people like you that Nigeria will continue to live in false and inflated ego, its magnified stupidity.....

lack of exposure is indeed a disease.....my brother.....comot cata for your eye.....as this picture fyn so what purpose does it serve been empty,,.....not a single soul....and this is supposed to be a tourist destination to bring income to the local community.

how much did the government chop to build this place
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Ayomax(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
still searching for wht will WOW me. I love city life than ranch life style. Las Gidi grin
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Adamskuty(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
mZ sleeq: smiley
We all took diffrent pics,and I only know one out of them, I sevred in calabar, they served in ogoja! 6hrs from calabar,just got these pictures on POP day.
If u want to see cattles,well....u know what to do.
these are all I have.
ooh okay! smiley
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by carmenblandish: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
aventura: I hope lagosians can see what development means and not the crap they post here. These people have it all but they don't make noise about it. Watch and learn.

CHAI.....if you call this development, then walahi there is no hope for Nigeria....now tell me which would you prefer?...247 light or obudu cattle ranch......even cattle sef know whats up....them take off from the ranch as nothing dey happun there.

Nigeria youths, its time to get your eyes away from facebook and twitter and seek knowledge and awareness.....so that when you see development or opportunity, you will recognise it for what it is

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Arosa(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nigerians you should all visit Obudu Ranch, nobody will visit it if you don't. It's a very beautiful place.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by phil5(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wow!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by oraclefemi(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
i have been there and it is very beautiful , i repeat very beautiful . The resort hotels were expensive but the villagers got us one for 5k per night, go during the holidays to have a nice time there , if you like quiet , serene views then it is the place for you. The hotel ration their electricity but the villagers have 24hrs electricity, i dont know how they did it .The road network from calabar to the ranch is very discouraging but i was determined to get there ,if youre coming in from Lagos , try and get a car hire service with good shocks and ac. I saw an air strip along the main road leading to the ranch but i doubt its effectiveness. Nigerians wont really appreciate this place until they travel outside to spend their money on overhyped things...i have travelled a bit so i can say we have a rich cultural heritage but lack the vision to build on them.

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Sijo01(f): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
That road looks like a snake, menhh.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Fayrouzz(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
aventura: I hope lagosians can see what development means and not the crap they post here. These people have it all but they don't make noise about it. Watch and learn.
Why u wan derail the thread now? Wetn bring lagos fr this mata now??. Mumu

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by phil5(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
Arosa: The funny thing is: if a country like Ghana has a place like this, the world would know of it and it will be packed with tourists. undecided
na true ooo, but people knw about it just dat there is no advertisement to show that is beautifully maintained, if not dis grl weh post dis tin ehh ,I bin tink say the ranch don turn forest ooo.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Fayrouzz(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
Why u wan derail the thread now?? Wetn concern Lagos fr this mata?? Mumu

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by waja(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Tayeni: breath taking views. how affordable was d accommodation. Where did you lodge? And how long did you stay?
. The accommodation is very costly. It's #18000. But on the alternative, you can get an affordable ones from villagers up there, or you come down to the nearby village called Utanga. Dude, it's a place to be.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by mariong(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
I love the serenity.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Heyliesha(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
na nigeria diz 1 dey?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by riadrims(f): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kindly answer these questions for me.

Let me state that I will be setting out from abuja and I have never been to the east before.

1. Where is d nearest active airport to obudu
2. How far is obudu from the nearest airport
2. What's the frequency of flights to that airport / what airline.
4. How much would a drop cost from d nearest airport to obudu / or advice on where to get a cheap car hire
5. How much is a decent accomodation/ or advice on a decent accomodation
6. Where there LOTS of other visitors as at the time of ur visit.
7. Is it true that electricity is rationed and u need to pay for extra hours u may need/ how is it rationed
8. What activities would you suggest while there.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR RESPONSE OR ANYBODY RESPONSE FOR THAT MATTER.
1 and 2) Calabar or enugu...Both are approximately six hrs by road to obudu,if the road isn't worse
3) Calabar has regular flights,not sure of enugu
4) Last time i heard was 7k,but there are agencies who organize tours or just transport system,call or email obudu customer care
5) accomodation is a bit pricey,but worth it. i have bn there thrice and hope to go again. call and find out,cos i don't want to mislead u,since prices may have changed
6)No
7) yes,cos they actually run on plant. i really didn't take note of the timings. Don't worry,think of it as an adventure,besides there is a natural aircondition
cool cable ride,even though i hate heights,it was quite an experience
bird watch
climb the monkey bridge to the other end
truth is that there is so much to see,just get a tour guide who knows the terrain and u will have a blast

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Udom Emmanuel Links Akwa Ibom With Abia Through Long Abandoned Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.