Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Pictures Of Saints: Are They Really Holy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pictures Of Saints: Are They Really Holy? (597 Views)

Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? / Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? / Incorruptibility Of Saints (Bodies Defying Decomposition After Death)- Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Saints: Are They Really Holy? by maximunimpact(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have been wondering and really contemplating on how the pictures of saints find there way in contemporary texts. This is because at the time Jesus, d 12 apostles, mary, moses, elija and the host of all these holy men of old lived, there was no technolgy 4 taking pictures.

Inspite of this, Roman catholics hangs the pictures of the 12 apostles, Jesus and mary on the roof top, often tymes parishoners postrate in reverence to these pictures. These pictures have found there way into all the publications of christian faith, be it awake, watchtower, rapsody, tracts, the bible, sunday skul manuals and the host of all others.

One thing these pictures does is dat ppl tend to see them as holy, creating a mental picture of these men as if it is there real pictures. The pictures are simply fictiteous, and how do u think God will feel when u stand in front of a wuld be picture of Jesus and say a prayer? It is simply idolatory!

At no poin did God showed up visibly to anybody, yet we see a myserious painting of The Father in illustrating the so called trinity doctrine. The first commandment says: thou shall not make any graven images, or the likeness of anything in heaven or on earth'' does these images some see as holy not violate this commandment?

I don't know if I'm making sense but I need sincere christians to tell us the reason behind all these fictiteous pictures we see as holy..........

(1) (Reply)

Do You Worship God Very Well When You Sit Beside Your Lover? / Will Mandela Go To Heaven? / MYSTERIOUS: How General Overseer Disappeared After Car Crash In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.