Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1213822 members, 1574283 topics. Date: Friday, 01 August 2014 at 12:56 PM

Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies (379 Views)

New And Perfectly Working Tianshi Masserger For Sale / Tasly Product / (new Mlm) Fohow Internatioal (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies by bros12345: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
As at my last count, there have been well over 50 MLM or network marketing companies in Nigeria. Many have gone completely obsolete while many are barely just there.

Chances are many will still come and go.

Nigerians seem to never learn from the outcomes of these companies. They will always join the latest one in town. Blame it on poverty and government carelessness.

220 Diseases, One Cure...For Real?

In this country, a small boy in China can just put together a small concoction and come and tell us it cures 220 diseases and before you know it, we’ll be running around promoting the concoction.

I do have a beef with MLM companies, not because of anything but because they have become permanent vehicles to siphon people of their little hard earned cash.

The Get Rich Lies in MLM

I’m sure a couple of us here have tried to get rich with some of these network marketing companies. There is always that impression that this is going to be the "wave of the future", a business model that is gaining momentum, growing in acceptance and legitimacy and, as its promoters claim, will eventually replace most other forms of marketing and sales.

The impression is further sealed as we see some people who claim to have gotten cars and would be travelling the nations all because they belonged to the MLM Company.

Many people seeing that now go as far as registering their brothers, sisters, children, spouses, and friends and so on. Working hard to get their own cars, they eventually get disappointed as they realize that people are not joining anymore

Here are 4 Reasons MLM Companies Don’t Work on the Long Run

1.The Products and Services are expensivemlm2

People don’t seem to see this. However, it’s true that these network marketing companies build into the products the so called commission they will pay you. This makes the prices of the products out of the proper rate.

How many times have you bought a sachet of tea, like lipton, something you should buy less than N20, you ended up buying it N100 or more?

2. The Products Do Not Add Value in the Long Run

Most times the products involved in these MLM companies that promise heaven just don’t live up to it.

Some years ago, my mother got sick. I sent her money to go to the hospital but she went for Tianshi products and lied to me she had started treatment.

The so called Tianshi supplements didn’t work. It was at the point of death that my Mum opened up to me and we had to rush her to a teaching hospital. We ended up spending over half a million naira to save her life.

These vitamins and so called natural teas never replace the place of proper checkup and treatment when someone is sick. The vast testimonials you see in the trainings are hand picked cases that the details are not often known.

3. MLM Strains Relationships

Just introduce 5 people and let the 5 people introduce 5 and bam, you are on your way to Bahamas, right?people-linked

Only if that was easy.

Building a network is not easy especially if the players are required to pay to be in the network.

4. Favors only the Early Entrants

This is why MLM becomes a pyramid scheme at the end of the day. The profit made from the product sales are not enough to make up for the compensations in the system.

To really make it, you have to recruit people. And those people have to recruit people. So the late joiners are left as the brunt bearers.

Final Thoughts

As should be obvious from this article, these are my opinions only. I am only familiar with a few MLM opportunities, and I happily admit that I did not get the joining level.

I am very open-minded, and I’m sure many people have good experiences with MLM.

That said, if you are involved in MLM or are presented with an opportunity please consider my points above, try to cut past all the hype that is likely to be associated with the presented opportunity, and use your own mind to decide the value of the opportunity.

Source: http://businesscandle.com/beware-of-mlm-business-opportunities/

3 Likes

Re: Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies by sexy74(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
My brother what you have just written is true.
I always tell them that their products are over priced and is not competitive.
Some will tell you that they don't sell their product that is for your personal consumption ( forever living product). My reply is why do I have to spend so much for common every day product.
Thanks for the education again.
Re: Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies by Redoil: 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
What about moringer seeds that they claimed it cures over 365 sicknes/diseases in the humam body.
Re: Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies by acmev2(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
No be small thing o.

Re: Why Tianshi, GNLD, Tasly Kasly,etc Collapsed And Why All These New MLM Companies by idlaw2k3(m): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nice writeup, controversial but true, worthy of front page.

(0) (Reply)

I Need Advice Pls / Building A Micro-credit Business Database / Enabling Online Business For Nigerians In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.