Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? (1086 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / 10 Ways Youths Act In Churches When They Have No Offering / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by SweetSoup(m): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
I saw a man preaching recently about women speaking in churches and how most churches today allow female pastors to preach thereby going against the commandment of God in 1 Corinthians 14 verse 33-35. The preacher also made it clear that if your wedding was blessed by a female pastor, that wedding is invalid before God. My question is why are women allowed to speak in churches when the bible said they shouldn't?

Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
our pastors keep changing and twisting the scriptures to suit their taste and desires.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
I can't find it in my bible oooo
Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by SweetSoup(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
youngestfool: I can't find it in my bible oooo
Ok
Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by SweetSoup(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Am sure alot of Christians didn't know about it, well the guy sitting beside me didn't.
Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by Eebrahym(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
I wonder too angryangryangry
Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by ammyluv2002(f): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
*following*
Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by ooman(m): 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
see how xtians ignored this thread....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:56am On Oct 14, 2013
The reason is that Christianity is all about cherry-picking the parts of the bible that your like and ignoring the non politically correct statements and the violent and barbaric parts.

Christians don't want to believe that their apostle Paul was a misogynist and a bigot, so they gloss over the passages where he shows that side of his personality. They don't want to believe that their god is a violent, sadistic psychopath so they ignore huge sections of the old testament.

Nobody talks about the untold numbers of people including babies that God drowned in the flood. They've turned the horrible story of how Abraham nearly killed his son as a human sacrifice into a fairlytale. Nobody talks about how the "righteous man" Lot wanted to push his two daughters out to be gang ráped by a mob. They ignore all the innocent Egyptian children that God murdered himself just to prove a point to a a ruler they had no role in choosing and no influence over. They forget about Moses ordering the death of thousands of Israelites for breaking the 10 commandments that he hadn't even shown them yet. They ignore the part where Moses specifically ordered the massacre of children and non-combatants and the ràpe of the underaged female victims of Israelite violence. They forget about Jepthah killing his daughter as a human sacrifice to God. Or Elisha killing a bunch of kids for laughing at his gorimapa.

Then there's all the sexist laws telling us how women are so unclean especialy when they give birth to female babies. Or the law ordering the death by stoning of ràpe victims who don't scream loud enough. Or the law forcing rápe victims to marry their attackers (I'm sure plenty of women would prefer to be stoned, but there's no option for that).

Everybody like to tell themselves that Christianity is a nice candy-coated religion and that God is good all the time. They've managed to ignore all the bloodshed in the old testament and convince themselves that a God that plans to burn most of his children for all eternity is somehow "loving" and "good" (as if we don't know what those words mean). I don't see why anyone should be surprised that they ignore Paul telling women to STFU like a pïmp in a Snoop Dogg video.

Christianity means cherry-picking.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by TrebleChamp(m): 6:29am On Oct 14, 2013
Evil Brain: The reason is that Christianity is all about cherry-picking the parts of the bible that your like and ignoring the non politically correct statements and the violent and barbaric parts.

Christians don't want to believe that their apostle Paul was a misogynist and a bigot, so they gloss over the passages where he shows that side of his personality. They don't want to believe that their god is a violent, sadistic psychopath so they ignore huge sections of the old testament.

Nobody talks about the untold numbers of people including babies that God drowned in the flood. They've turned the horrible story of how Abraham nearly killed his son as a human sacrifice into a fairlytale. Nobody talks about how the "righteous man" Lot wanted to push his two daughters out to be gang ráped by a mob. They ignore all the innocent Egyptian children that God murdered himself just to prove a point to a a ruler they had no role in choosing and no influence over. They forget about Moses ordering the death of thousands of Israelites for breaking the 10 commandments that he hadn't even shown them yet. They ignore the part where Moses specifically ordered the massacre of children and non-combatants and the ràpe of the underaged female victims of Israelite violence. They forget about Jepthah killing his daughter as a human sacrifice to God. Or Elisha killing a bunch of kids for laughing at his gorimapa.

Then there's all the sexiest laws telling us how women are so unclean especialy when they give birth to female babies. Or the law ordering the death by stoning of ràpe victims who don't scream loud enough. Or the law forcing rápe victims to marry their attackers (I'm sure plenty of women would prefer to be stoned, but there's no option for that).

Everybody like to tell themselves that Christianity is a nice candy-coated religion and that God is good all the time. They've managed to ignore all the bloodshed in the old testament and convince themselves that a God that plans to burn most of his children for all eternity is somehow "loving" and "good" (as if we don't know what those words mean). I don't see why anyone should be surprised that they ignore Paul telling women to STFU like a pïmp in a Snoop Dogg video.

Christianity means cherry-picking.
Am not a xtian but dis is too extreme, Our God is a loving, caring, forgiving God. He is a jealous God and with good reasons too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by nnofaith: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2013
You can't use your carnal mind to interpret that verse. You need the guidance of the holy spirit.
Now, close your eyes and lets pray. Father in heaven........
Re: Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? by SweetSoup(m): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2013
People with good knowledge of the bible should pls come and explain this passage.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Science Cannot Do But Jesus Can / How To Defeat Nigeria's Religious Extremists -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Jamat Ul-vida 2015 Wishes Shayari Sms Messages Ascii Status Lines Quotes In Urdu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.