Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,938 members, 7,824,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast (12919 Views)

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat: Sins Forgiven For Two Years / The Importance of the Day Of Arafat / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by jumzzy448: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2013
Eid mubarak to all my brothers and sisters in Islam.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by MsNas(f): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Because I want you to be treated like royalty till you reach here. wink
You be vampire Oga Imperiouxx? grin Una no go go sleep? cheesy
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Realone92(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2013
yulaw: May Allah bless this country Nigeria, bless us all, guide us to the right path and make Jannah our place of rest insha.. AMIN
without no doubt this Is xp ....I got u my ur comment .....
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Realone92(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2013
yulaw: May Allah bless this country Nigeria, bless us all, guide us to the right path and make Jannah our place of rest insha.. AMIN
without no doubt this Is xp ....I got u by ur comment .....

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Bola10(m): 8:25am On Oct 14, 2013
May almighty allah accept it as a act of ibadah Amin.

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by mu2sa2: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Good to know I can sin all year, but my sins will be cleansed when I fast on the day of Arafat.

Good to know.
Allah, the Creator of heavens and Earth and everything within them is most forgiving and especially merciful. Forgiving a person his sins of 1 year or 10 years or lifetime is nothing to the Creator, who does as He wills. That's why muslims continually beseech Allah for forgiveness. No one can forgive sins except Allah and from Allah alone forgive ness is rightly sought, not from the prophet, not through priest or son or father or spirit. Truth is clear from error.

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by siddiq202(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2013
maclatunji: If you had the intention to fast and missed Sahur, just carry on with the fast when you wake up.
I missed sahur
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by lekanwj(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Good to know I can sin all year, but my sins will be cleansed when I fast on the day of Arafat.

Good to know.

No u got it all wrong. The article says minor sins. It refers to sins commitee unknowingly
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Artless360(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2013
Allahu akbar
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by siddiq202(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2013
Sheriff©:
Salam brothers, May I know if it this qualifies me as a faster: I had the intention of fasting but I woke up late, 5:37am, quickly brushed my teeth and took few grains of groundnut.
I woke up around 5:35am too. You shouldn't have taken anything. Let's hope someone will come up with Islamic ruling on it.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by anikum: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

Good to know.
MINOR SINS... I HOPE U KNOW WHAT MINOR SINS ARE....BEFORE YOU GO AND COMMIT A MAJOR SIN AND THINKIN IT WILL BE ERASED...AND BESIDES THAT IS IF UR FASTING IS ACCEPTED..SO I WILL ADVISE U STILL STAY AWAY FROM SINS...MINOR AND MAJOR.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by AJdDon: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2013
Alhamdulillahi, am a muslim by Faith and a witness of dis Day!
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by AJdDon: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2013
siddiq202:
I woke up around 5:35am too. You shouldn't have taken anything. Let's hope someone will come up with Islamic ruling on it.
U shld nt v taking anytin and u continue fasting lik dat. The rule us dat u stop Eating upon d rise of d day wen u can distinguish btw white and black thread!
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by tunshe: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2013
Realone92: Is it advisable I tell my neighbor am fasting ....today .....if offered mi food .........asking

Yes boss!
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by deols(f): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2013
DMainMan:

deols is female.

May Allah accept our fast and forgive our sins.

abi o.

Amin.smiley
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by deols(f): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: salam. eid mubarak to you all brothers and sisters especially you deols.
pls we should pray for nigeria in te day of arafat

Eid Mubarak to you too smiley smiley

God bless us all. God bless Nigeria
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by tunshe: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2013
Sheriff©:
Salam brothers, May I know if it this qualifies me as a faster: I had the intention of fasting but I woke up late, 5:37am, quickly brushed my teeth and took few grains of groundnut.

Continue with your fast and intention, only Allah reward a fasting person.

Keep hoping in His mercy that He accepts it as an act of Ibadah.

I will also recommend a book," let us be Muslims".

Maa Salaam
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by rabzy01: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2013
Alhamdu lil Lah. Last year by this time I was among the pilgrims on mount Arafat. This year I am fasting the Arafat day.

To the pilgrims: Hajjun mabrur wa sa'ayan mashkur wa tijaratan lan tabur.

To us at home: Taqabbalal Lahu minna wa minkum.

Eid mubarak to all Nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by maclatunji: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2013
Sheriff©:

You did not have to eat at that time knowing fully well that Subhi was already due. That would have made your fast valid.

Only God knows your intention and whether or not he will accept whatever is left after 5.37am.

Next time don't eat anything if you wake up late, just fast.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Deen4me(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2013
The Prophet (SAW) said: The best invocation is that of the Day of Arafat, and the best that anyone can say is what I and the Prophets before me have said:

Laa 'ilaha 'illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'ala kulli shay'in Qadir.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things.
Tirmidhi 3/184

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by iluvweed(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
So If I am right, it means if Shekau fasts today, all his sins will be wiped away? SMH
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by rabzy01: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
No, your are wrong. Now read this:

What you don't know is that the 'concept' of sin and forgiveness in Islam is not like it is in your faith.

In Islam, sins are broadly categorised into two, namely:
1- sins against the Creator (Allah) and
2- sins (injustices, atrocities,etc) against the created.
As for the first category, Allah forgives whoever ask for His forgiveness as He pleases. This is because our God is FORGIVING, MERCIFUL GOD.

As for the second category, Allah forgives such sins upon the forgiveness of the victims. Alternatively Allah will compensate the victims in a special way. That is why in Quran 24:22 Allah enjoynes muslims to forgive one another in expectation of receiving forgiveness from Him.
"And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give (any sort of help) to their kinsmen (the poor), and those who left their homes for the cause of Allah. Let them PARDON AND FORGIVE. Do you not love that Allah forgive you? And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." Quran 24:22.

iluvweed: So If I am right, it means if Shekau fasts today, all his sins will be wiped away? SMH
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by EejaNla01(m): 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
iluvweed: So If I am right, it means if Shekau fasts today, all his sins will be wiped away? SMH
Killing of innocent souls falls among the grave sins!
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Musazee: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2014
May Allah Acept our Worship as an act of Ibadat. amin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? / Slaughtering For The Sake Of Allah / Eid Mubarak!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.