Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. (1312 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Metuh In Handcuffs For Destruction Of Evidence / FG Plans N8tn Budget For 2016 / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2013
Wike, others threaten to destroy Rivers-
owned banana plantation
Author(s): Tony Tamuno
Politicians opposed to the Rivers State
Governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi have
threatened to launch a destructive attack on
the state government-owned banana
plantation in Tai local government area. The
politicians issued the threat at the ward and
council inauguration of members of Grassroot
Development Initiative in Tai Local government
area of the state.
Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom
Wike had mocked the state’s agricultural
project calling on the people of Ogoni to rejects
such projects.
According to him, “There is nothing called new
PDP. They have been defeated in court. They
have been defeated in INEC. Nobody will
challenge Mr. President. For all those
intimidation, be rest assured, you will get all the
necessary protection within the ambit of the
Law. Nobody will intimidate you.
“You must know people who mean well for you.
You all have to know that the Ogonis are not
monkeys. When I hear people say they are from
Ogoni, the only industry they have for you is a
banana industry. Holy Ghost Fire for all the
people, for all those that conspired that there is
nothing that is good for the Ogoni people
except to make them have bananas. Ogoni
people have paid their dues. They are not
meant to be eating bananas,” he said.
Also, former Senator representing Rivers
senatorial district, Lee Maeba said he would
personally take the lead to ravage the
plantation.
“We are not monkeys and we are not growing
bananas at all. They have been talking on the
radio that they uncovered a plot. There is no
need to uncover anything, I said I will lead a
well-meaning protest of all the Ogonis and by
the time we return there will be no more
bananas,” he threatened.
Maeba also alleged that the banana plantation
is one of the factors undermining the
implementation of the United Nations
Environmental Programme, UNEP report: “I said
it in Bori that after listening to the cries of the
Ogonis they agreed that the soil of Ogoni is
contaminated and there must be clean-up and
compensation. When the compensation team
arrived from New York, Pharo led a group of
agriculturists and went to establish banana
farm and told them that the soil is good that
they should not pay compensation; they should
not clean up the land.
“But with those bananas they are using to
deceive our people, to deceive the United
Nations, to deceive the Federal government
that the soil is clean. We shall clean up the
bananas and clean up the soil.”
In a related development, a Former Deputy
Speaker of the Federal House of
Representatives, Chibudum Nwuche has said
Governor Amaechi will be made to account for
all the allocations he has received.
Nwuche said this at the GDI event held in Tai
Local Government area.
He also accused Governor Amaechi of playing
politics with funds accrued to the state. “What
pains me most is that somebody we freely gave
a mandate to and placed in Government House
has forsaken the state and gone on
adventures.
“He has bought a plane. He will carry
journalists and they will go to a place called
Songhai Farms, they will go to one medical
centre, they will go to one school. They go to
one school all the time as if we have no
schools before.
“How can you spend over N3 trillion only on
schools and medical centres. I challenge our
Governor to a debate. He should come out and
account to the people what he has been doing
with our money for the past 6 years,” he said.
Nwuche, who is also the immediate past acting
National Deputy Chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party, tasked the people of the
state to support President Goodluck Jonathan
in the 2015 general election.
Among other politicians who spoke at the event
were Felix Obuah, Abiye Sekibo, Sergeant
Awuse, Kennth Kobani.
The banana plantation is one of the major
agricultural projects of the Rivers state
government which is jointly owned by Union De
Initiative SA de CV of Mexico and has cost a
speculated sum of N 10 billion.
telegraphng.com/2013/10/wike-others-threaten-destroy-rivers-owned-banana-plantation
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
This is what we get from clueless leadership. Agriculture and education are the bedrock of development of any nation. I wonder what would be left of this nation in a few years to come with this set of clueless leaders on board.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2013
Some people are dogs when it comes to thinking. Aside their master's order, they are clueless!

He built schools. Standard and even more than standard schools in rivers. We all see them. Schools that trash the so called private ones.

He invested in Agriculture wen u are busy running the world with 'the land needs to be cleaned'. Other Agricultural agencies who wishes to be in rivers for production won't go because of ur claims! And he is proving u wrong and u are drawing back the progress!

The kinds of politics we play in this country is a killer! Nutting else!

This is where u will see people like sincere9gerian rubbishing progress cos the progressive is an opposition.

This is where u see people like asari dokubo ready to cause war if jona ain't elected just cos of the free money! Even though he knew jona ain't any good for evenhis people!

This is Nigeria, where the fools govern the wise, and more fools sing their praises!

Welcome to HELL!!!

6 Likes

Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by glory2glory: 11:36am On Oct 14, 2013
How can these self-serving politicians convince us they have our interest at heart and mean well for us when they fight the visible progress in the state so blatantly?
Amaechi has done his bit, the man may not be perfect but he is surely one of the best R/S has had. None of those politicians listed there would do half of what Amaechi has done if given the opportunity. All they want is money and power, we know better. Please leave R/S alone.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by eightsin(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
they av nt been able to provide anytin fr d people n they want to destroy... If anything happens to the plantation,they shld b held responsible n made to provide two times what they destroy.
Bt wait, i did nt read anywhr that d FG has a hand in this....which arm of d FG is the OP talking bout?

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by touch4mony: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
pls befor some ppl will come here to run their mouth pls as our governor how can banana platation b what is hindering his report on the UNEP project,secondly if the goverment can invest 3 trillion on eduction and health sector noon of them will b going to overseas for medical check up and their children will not b skuling oversea.Amaechi is no sent, wike is no sent GEJ is not nor the so called progressive thiefs and this fight is for their pocket pls dont get ur self to come and fight for them let them call their children,family menbers and friends who are enjoying our money with them.am yet to benefit anything.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Op is confused. Hatred is a disease
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
But wetin concern fg and this post now ? Op you wicked o because there is no place in this entire article where the fg was mentioned so why evils ? Its not by force to enter front page. By the way the Amaechi administration has got 3 trillion naira so far ? No wonder the governor bought a Phantom & a private jet, life is good o
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by dridowu: 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Y destroy ? Atleast ds create employment for some people
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by Atouke: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Amaechi has is faults just like any other human, but investment in education ,health and agriculture is good for the state and should not be criticized for those? The banana plantation is not hindering any UN clean up effort! if that were to be the case then every other agricultural practice going on in ogoni land is also in the way of the clean up, as ogoni ppl are still planting,harvesting and eating cassava from their polluted soils.

My concern for the banana plantation is that it should be regulated and monitored by NDLEA so that it is not used by the Mexican investors as a front to smuggle narcotics/drugs which that country is known for in and out of rives state/Nigeria.

Disagreeing with amaechi political leaning like i do does not make the gov. evil,and we should not blindly condemn everything he does. I have always maintained and most objective Nigerians agree in terms of education and healthcare development in nigeria today Amaechi is the star in this regards, but this giant strides were achieved mostly in his first term. Gov Amaechi has gone to sleep in his second term, because he has chosen to pick up a fight with all his regional political allies instead of fighting for the development of rivers state like he did in his first term.

Amaechi should mend fences with his regional political allies rather than continue in this fight that will lead him nowhere and use the last few yrs of his tenures to complete all the pending projects in rivers state so his name will be rightly etched in the political sand of time of rivers state.
But here is where choice/freewill come in, time will tell if ameachi is making the right choice politically. but if this fight continues the losers will be the good people of rivers state for we all know that the gov. is distracted form developing the state presently.

If he had sustained the tempo of the first 4 yrs for 8 yrs rivers state would be a heaven in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by glory2glory: 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
eightsin: they av nt been able to provide anytin fr d people n they want to destroy... If anything happens to the plantation,they shld b held responsible n made to provide two times what they destroy.
Bt wait, i did nt read anywhr that d FG has a hand in this....which arm of d FG is the OP talking bout?
Office of the federal minister of education. Lol
But seriously, Wike no get shame at all...and he wants to be governor.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by glory2glory: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Atuoke,
Am really impressed by your post. I know you have always been an Amaechi critic but your post shows you are a truthful and honest person, not like others who criticise blindly.There is no govt that is not criticised no matter how good . Amaechi has his own faults and should be criticised when necessary,but not in areas where he has done well because of political differences.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by glory2glory: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
talktimi: But wetin concern fg and this post now ? Op you wicked o because there is no place in this entire article where the fg was mentioned so why evils ? Its not by force to enter front page. By the way the Amaechi administration has got 3 trillion naira so far ? No wonder the governor bought a Phantom & a private jet, life is good o

All these Amaechi has received 3trillion. How much has Bayelsa govt received? Why are you not asking about the use of Bayelsa income. Do you know how many people have been employed by the R/S govt under Amaechi so far? Do you know the investments the govt has made? How many R/S people on RSSDa scholarship and those that have benefitted from R/S microfinance agency.
I am not saying Amaechi is a saint, but there are so much on ground to show that he has not wasted 3trillion.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
glory2glory:

All these Amaechi has received 3trillion. How much has Bayelsa govt received? Why are you not asking about the use of Bayelsa income. Do you know how many people have been employed by the R/S govt under Amaechi so far? Do you know the investments the govt has made? How many R/S people on RSSDa scholarship and those that have benefitted from R/S microfinance agency.
I am not saying Amaechi is a saint, but there are so much on ground to show that he has not wasted 3trillion.
shebi this topic is about Rivers state ? Pls dont derail abeg.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
talktimi: But wetin concern fg and this post now ? Op you wicked o because there is no place in this entire article where the fg was mentioned so why evils ? Its not by force to enter front page. By the way the Amaechi administration has got 3 trillion naira so far ? No wonder the governor bought a Phantom & a private jet, life is good o
The last time I checked the principal Nyesom Wike is still a federal minister and speaks in that capacity. Please correct me if am wrong on that.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
talktimi: Op is confused. Hatred is a disease
Are you sure you have brains, no insults meant. Because I wonder where the issue of hatred comes in.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
cooltone:
Are you sure you have brains, no insults meant. Because I wonder where the issue of hatred comes in.
see your life ?
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by delvinmaya(m): 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
cooltone:
The last time I checked the principal Nyesom Wike is still a federal minister and speaks in that capacity. Please correct me if am wrong on that.

so his ministry is in charge of agriculture use your brains, now am not supporting him, in a sane society, he ought to be sacked, but dont put the onus of his actions on the fg,but rather on his person.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by delvinmaya(m): 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
cooltone:
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
cooltone:
i dont want to say you dont have a brain because that will be a fallacy but i doubt very much if you make use of it. Now tell me or point out to everyone here where Wike was described as representing the fg/Gej or shame the devil by telling the truth that Wike is making those threats out of the personal quarrel he has with Amaechi. When you argue, let LOGIC be your guiding lamp. Hatred is truly a disease o jare
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 12:16am On Oct 15, 2013
delvinmaya:

so his ministry is in charge of agriculture use your brains, now am not supporting him, in a sane society, he ought to be sacked, but dont put the onus of his actions on the fg,but rather on his person.
Before Wike can be seperated from the the federal government, the honorable position he holds is supposed to be relinquished. The presidency whom he represents in that capacity through the necessary channels needs to come out publicly to deny Wike and sanction him if necessary to exonorate themselves. For now he represents the FG unless proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 12:27am On Oct 15, 2013
talktimi: i dont want to say you dont have a brain because that will be a fallacy but i doubt very much if you make use of it. Now tell me or point out to everyone here where Wike was described as representing the fg/Gej or shame the devil by telling the truth that Wike is making those threats out of the personal quarrel he has with Amaechi. When you argue, let LOGIC be your guiding lamp. Hatred is truly a disease o jare
So this is now Wike having Bedroom quarrel with Amaechi. I read that this happened at a public function where he was the highest federal government official. Am waiting for the federal government to come out public to tell us that Wike is on his own. That is when we can start arguing whether to exornorate Fg or not. For now their position is clear.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by YoshiMaster: 2:44am On Oct 15, 2013
Is this guy talking about bananas? Guess he's gone bananas!
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 2:47am On Oct 15, 2013
cooltone:
So this is now Wike having Bedroom quarrel with Amaechi. I read that this happened at a public function where he was the highest federal government official. Am waiting for the federal government to come out public to tell us that Wike is on his own. That is when we can start arguing whether to exornorate Fg or not. For now their position is clear.
so you dont even know that Wike has personal beef with Amaechi yet you want to be a balanced judge of his words & actions ? I giffup
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by talktimi(m): 2:58am On Oct 15, 2013
All these arm chair critics who cant even point out where Rivers state is on a map of Nigeria. They sit in far away okitipupa yet claim to be experts in port harcourt affairs CHAI !!!
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by aduboy(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2013
Nyesom Wike seems to have forgotten that he is an honourable minister. He acts and talks more like a thug soiling the honourable position he holds. His Abuja masters are not even aware the man is giving them a very bad reputation. For any sensible person those people that attended this function should be invited and questioned by the police as they are threatening the peace of Rivers state. This is the kind of gathering that cp mbu is supposed to stop not that of teachers trying to collect employment letters.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by aduboy(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Some people are dogs when it comes to thinking. Aside their master's order, they are clueless!

He built schools. Standard and even more than standard schools in rivers. We all see them. Schools that trash the so called private ones.

He invested in Agriculture wen u are busy running the world with 'the land needs to be cleaned'. Other Agricultural agencies who wishes to be in rivers for production won't go because of ur claims! And he is proving u wrong and u are drawing back the progress!

This is where u will see people like sincere9gerian rubbishing progress cos the progressive is an opposition.

This is where u see people like asari dokubo ready to cause war if jona ain't elected just cos of the free money! Even though he knew jona ain't any good for even his people!

This is Nigeria, where the fools govern the wise, and more fools sing their praises!

Welcome to HELL!!!
My brother you said it all. I know we can do better in Nigeria in terms of leadership and definitely one day the fools will stop governing us. The federal government of GEJ has been proven to be very clueless, incompetent by this singular thought and campaign against agricultural development.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by aduboy(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Some people are dogs when it comes to thinking. Aside their master's order, they are clueless!

This is where u see people like asari dokubo ready to cause war if jona ain't elected just cos of the free money! Even though he knew jona ain't any good for even his people!

Welcome to HELL!!!
My brother you said it all. I know we can do better in Nigeria in terms of leadership and definitely one day the fools will stop governing us. The federal government of GEJ has been to be very clueless, incompetent by this singular thought and campaign against agricultural development.

Welcome to HELL!!!
My brother you said it all. I know we can do better in Nigeria in terms of leadership and definitely one day the fools will stop governing us. The federal government of GEJ has been to be very clueless, incompetent by this singular thought and campaign against agricultural development.
Re: FG Plans Destruction Of Rivers State Agricultural Project. by cooltone: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2015
This is to refresh the memory of nairalanders on what Wike stood for in Rivers state.

(1) (Reply)

All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Ahead Of Others (anambra Election) / BREAKING News:ngige,apc Pulls Out Of Election Rerun / SHOCKER: Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.