Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? (5940 Views)

Total Life Changes Products (tlc) At Your Door Step / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by FilesUpdator(f): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Anuoluwap: Please and please this matter is a burning issue in my area I need answers.
There are some medical personnels doing door-to-door test on people. They claim to have been authorized by the Federal Ministry of Health to conduct free test on people and sell drugs in their bags. They use some medical tools to conduct test and detect one's hidden ailment and they'll instantly advice you to buy one of their drugs.
Now; there are arguments everywhere concerning this actions, some say that those medical personnels are fake & often get involved in rape cases. My question now is; are they to be trusted? Are the drugs safe to purchase?
Or on the other hand; are they only trying to be smart and make money as well as take advantage of defenceless young girls? Are they imposters?
When you are very sick and they come to treat you. Tell them to go back...... that's what I call not trusting them.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Decryptor(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
It seems they are from Greenworld
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by concepty: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
It depends on the personell you encounter. The diagnosis is true cos dey are using an internationally accepted device. But the truth is there are some quack personell with no medical background dat possess d machine and are using it for business purpose. U can easily detect them by the way they speak,answer question or even if they exhibit desperation in prescribing drugs.This is an enlightened generation. You can easily discern the fakes from the competent ones. But the truth is there are a whole lot of them that are real and qualified. Ask for their I.D and their office address.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Fesisko(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
some of them even tell my neighbor who don reach her menopause say she get belle, and the baby is not properly placed.make she buy their drugs for 8k, if not, she go get miscarriage. and the funniest part be say my neighbor nor get any belle.Imagine!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by bigiyaro(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
they r jst marketers.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by eaglechild: 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Do not trust them.
Esp the ones who carry phony computers about, claiming to be able to diagnose all forms of ailment.
They are all quacks.

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fesisko: some of them even tell my neighbor who don reach her menopause say she get belle, and the baby is not properly placed.make she buy their drugs for 8k, if not, she go get miscarriage. and the funniest part be say my neighbor nor get any belle.Imagine!
busted! Lol
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
Do not trust any door-to-door person, whoever
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
sCun: One thing with those people is that, after carrying out that useless test, they must find something wrong with you. They sometimes go as far as telling you that your life is at risk and then prescribe some of their drugs for you to buy. I also noticed that they mostly visit the Ghetto areas where they can get ignorant victims. Since I moved to a more posh area, I've never seen them.
very correct! They only visit under-developed areas. One even asked me if I'm able to communicate in English. WHAT THE HECK? That alone pissed me off
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Skywalker5(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
Anuoluwap:
very correct! They only visit under-developed areas. One even asked me if I'm able to communicate in English. WHAT THE HECK? That alone pissed me off

grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by aieromon(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Where una dey live sef? It is ethically wrong for medical professionals to advertise their services except in professional journals.

My guess is that these are the people that bring in funny diagnostic machines claiming to diagnose and treat any ailment. I can see they've switched to aggressive marketing.

For now,the only people authorised by FMOH to carry door-to-door services are health workers providing vaccine services and this is properly coordinated down to the local government.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
I've not encountered any door to door....med bs oooo.

The only guys you can trust are those immunization guys...and they do it free of charge!
Again...most times you don't need them, especially if your kids have been registered at the hospital (they must have been given the vaccine).

Anyother 'door to door'...call the cops!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by UjSizzle(f): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Never met any of them and i won't be so quick to welcome them into my home. You shouldn't too if they have no means of identification that can be confirmed immediately.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
HOMOPAETHIC(not sure of spelling) People! Dis reminds me of years ago,there was a breaking n entering in our neighborhood, some days later they came knocking on our door. Momsy shout eh!!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by elpatch(m): 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
I am a medical doctor.Please don't allow them into your home,they've swindled so many people,the other time a poor woman came to my consulting room claiming she has been told that she has a lot of ice in her blood stream and was asked to by #5000 worth of drugs.please beware.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Janelaz: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
they are fake! dats how one diagonised one woman that she had menstrual problem dats y she couldn't concieve. while unknownly to him d woman was two months gone alredy. ndi ara! don't mind dem o.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Those guys are obviously fake.
Some came over a year ago and the way they come around with the noise.
"Come out, everyone, we are carrying out free tests."

makes you want to think it's for real, i asked if it was mandatory that i take it as i dont want to be tested but he assures me, there will be no syringe and just physical touch. you dont need to ask for an ID card as it is already dangling like a tie around their dubious head

I felt relieved until the dude held my hand, and positioned something that looks more like a thermometer in the air and started dictating
"you have high blood pressure, and the high blood pressure is as a result of pressure comming from my lower abdomen."

he touched my lower abdomen and said i should breath in, and out
then he said, your sugar level is even high. you are diabetic and went on to list close to 8 medical conditions.

i let him finish, knowing fully he will want me to part with some funds.
next he said they have free drugs that can help me but some of them are not free. i have to buy some, then ofcourse get the free one.

I told him, there will be no need that i will check with my doctor on my way out next day.
next time they come around, i cannot guarantee that they will not be lynched.

2 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
I love these responses. Thank y'all so much. Those guys won't find it funny next time they visit my hood.
BTW==>> First topic in Health Section and it made Fp. Thanks mods!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fesisko: some of them even tell my neighbor who don reach her menopause say she get belle, and the baby is not properly placed.make she buy their drugs for 8k, if not, she go get miscarriage. and the funniest part be say my neighbor nor get any belle.Imagine!

well, i can imagine how huge your neighbor's tommy must be for him to boldly affirm that she is pregnant
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by DejiAdewumi: 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
How come they always have inside their bags, drugs that will cure d acclaimed sickness found in u after examination. " Nothing beats them" everything na means of " hurzling". They want to catch up

2 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Deji Adewumi: How come they always have inside their bags, drugs that will cure d acclaimed sickness found in u after examination. " Nothing beats them" everything na means of " hurzling". They want to catch up
I thought as much.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
i just dey wait for the first Mumu when go say them no be fake.... Cleaning my iron rod*gringrin
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Sunbellar: 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
Those guys are real fake, beware!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Ogegod87: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ OP. I've encountered dem more dan twice. D last one dat came told me after examining me, told me dat I had HIC which į̸̸̨§ more or less HIV aπϑ dat I have to treat it fast. I asked him wat dat means aπϑ he said human immune control. (Doctors i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d house, pls, I need to know if dere's a medical term like dat). I had a major surgery a year ago aπϑ was to see my doctor d very same day d guy came to me. Ƨσ I told him dat I had an appointment wit my doctor dat. Guess wat d guy said? He adviced me to forget about seeing my doctor, buy his drugs, tk dem aπϑ afterwards, go for my checkup. Funny aπϑ scaring.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
Laalamed: Nothing wrong about home-based diagnosis and treatment. Providers of such services must be either licenced doctors, pharmacists and nurses. They must have office address that can be verified. They must register with cac to do such things.
u must b residing in western world
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by GentleMimi: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Don't,and i repeat,d'nt let those people even cross d gate of ur house talk less of entering ur house.Abeg Naija is a rugged place oooo.one must apply wisdom and caution always.I was opportuned to meet a group of this kind of people.The guy neva knew i was in d medical field.He said he wld put a machine on my wrist wch wld indicate if i was having an ailment or disease.Curious, i asked him further abt d procedure,he started speaking in tongues.At d end of d day,he said i had high bld sugar and high B/P!!! I weak. When i saw him bringing out a drug for sale,for my 'bp & sugar' i decided i had had enuf! I told him i worked in a hsptl and def not suffering frm such ailments.Na with shame him take waka commot.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by GentleMimi: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ogegod87: God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ OP. I've encountered dem more dan twice. D last one dat came told me after examining me, told me dat I had HIC which į̸̸̨§ more or less HIV aπϑ dat I have to treat it fast. I asked him wat dat means aπϑ he said human immune control. (Doctors i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d house, pls, I need to know if dere's a medical term like dat). I had a major surgery a year ago aπϑ was to see my doctor d very same day d guy came to me. Ƨσ I told him dat I had an appointment wit my doctor dat. Guess wat d guy said? He adviced me to forget about seeing my doctor, buy his drugs, tk dem aπϑ afterwards, go for my checkup. Funny aπϑ scaring.
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Lol!!! Laf wan wound me here!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by plendil: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
Absolutely fake. I wonder how people fall such glaring cases of deceit.

The only time I can remember doing anything similar was during my comm health posting and NYSC. The important distinction here is that every service we rendered was absolutely free of charge.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by plendil: 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
Laalamed: Nothing wrong about home-based diagnosis and treatment. Providers of such services must be either licenced doctors, pharmacists and nurses. They must have office address that can be verified. They must register with cac to do such things.

The fact that they prescribe drugs and then sell same makes the situation very messy. Clinicians are not licensed to sell drugs and pharmacists are not licensed to prescribe. That fact that those people are doing both shows they are fake.

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by ugochukwu360(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
As for me i dont believe any of dese so called doctors without hospitals cos i only knw of doctors without borders. I remember following my mum to d market wen i was much younger and dese so called doctors were busy running dia shows nd u knw women nd deir hypochondriac nature dey thronged around dem nd d gullible ones were bein slaughtered, my mom at first was showing interest, she only became skeptical after watching lyk 30 persons being tested nd none was certified okay dey all had one ailment or d oda. Wen it got to her turn dey asked for her name nd some oda details which she provided after which dey proceeded to run several tests on her, nd told her she has a problem in her womb, dats gona mk her unable to conceive she jst gave him a long go to hell look nd told him she already has five children nd already in her late thirties so wats d big deal nd btw hw did he diagonise such ailment by just placing sumtin on her hands Nd d funniest part is dat my mum still conceived nd delivered safely in her mid forties without hitches some 6-7 yrs afta d chalatan did his diagnosis

2 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by ifyfaith: 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Please and please,don't let dem deceive u. I was lucky I wasn't raped by one of dem but d unless and fake doctor had his way wit my neighbour. They r so fake and dey r ready to take all ur money away from u in d name of buying their fake drugs. They often use jazz so u jst follow wateva dey say like mumu. I bot paracetamol of #20 at #800. I hate myself fr dat day because I was so played.funniest thing is dat I hate drugs like hell but I bot drugs of #3000 dat faithful day n couldn't take dem after all.I just tnk God it wasn't more dan dat

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Records 19 New COVID-19 Cases / Is There A Place In Lagos That Sells Chinese Herbs/medicine. / What Are The Tips To Overcome Depression, Guilt,n Shame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.