Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? (847 Views)

IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Ollyfad(f): 11:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
I wonder what kind of policemen we have in this country. Are they protecting or destroying lives and properties? Are they trained force men or hooligans? A vehicle was reportd stolen and later traced to a street where it has been abandoned for the past two days and the best thing the police could do is to drive to the street and arrest the street owner,a co-landlord,an imam that is just returning from work,a passerby and the security man of one of the houses. The worst part of their act was beating these people up and refusing to answer any question that the few bold people asked. Is there a law that states that such an arrest can be carried out? Or we simply dont have laws anymore in Nigeria or the police force is not binded by that law or they are not obligated to obey it?
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by djpet: 11:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Just imagin how stupid d so call nigeria police her, instead of doin wat is write. Big shame on d nigeria police
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 15, 2013
dj pet: Just imagin how stupid d so call nigeria police her, instead of doin wat is write. Big shame on d nigeria police

Your spellings are just too poor. Please work on it. Meanwhile, Police is your friend.
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Illuminatus(m): 12:02am On Oct 15, 2013
The truth is that our police force is crap. Most of them have not regard for human rights and some even have no regard for human life. They believe that as the enforcers of the law, they're above the law. Which is why they beat up people anyhow. And the citizenry isn't helping matters. They continue to submit to this maltreatment.
What hurts me the most is that the police upholds no valid due process. In fact, I've never seen them get something right rightly. It is ridiculous that the police could be "hired" to arrest someone and without due warrant. It is assauling that they shoot at people without answering queries. In fact, our police force needs over hauling.
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2013
Illuminatus: The truth is that our police force is crap. Most of them have not regard for human rights and some even have no regard for human life. They believe that as the enforcers of the law, they're above the law. Which is why they beat up people anyhow. And the citizenry isn't helping matters. They continue to submit to this maltreatment.
What hurts me the most is that the police upholds no valid due process. In fact, I've never seen them get something right rightly. It is ridiculous that the police could be "hired" to arrest someone and without due warrant. It is assauling that they shoot at people without answering queries. In fact, our police force needs over hauling.

The Nigerian Police is a microcosm of the larger Nigerian macrocosm. They are a reflection of us with legal backing to maim and destroy.

I am more scared of policemen than a thief.

Rule#1: Never argue with the Nigerian Police
Rule2#: Don't speak big big grammar
Rule3#: Just greet him and tell him, that he resembles your cousin, Major General Gonorrhea or Hypermetropia, believe me, they dont wanna to delay you once they hear Major General without actually listening to the next word.

It works for me, it can also work for you if you are in the highbrow areas, but if you are in the hinterlands, you are on your own.
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Ollyfad(f): 12:24am On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire:

Your spellings are just too poor. Please work on it. Meanwhile, Police is your friend.
u mean 2 say police is ur enemy? Dat suld b wat u rili meant 2 type
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Ollyfad(f): 12:26am On Oct 15, 2013
dj pet: Just imagin how stupid d so call nigeria police her, instead of doin wat is write. Big shame on d nigeria police
doin wat is ryt ke?? Dey prefer 2 lock up pple dat kums wit theft info 4 dem claimin dat dey ought 2 av brought d suspect alng wit dem or evn tag dem d thief
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 15, 2013
Police are you friend because the need money from you.
Re: What Kind Of Policemen Do We Have In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2013
Nigerian police are bloody hypocrites like most nigerians; whenever i drive my 2008 toyota 4runner suv, they hardly stop me, rather on d few times they stopped me was to beg for money; but whenever am driving my nissan primera 1999 car to work; they stop me with all boldness ordering for my particulars.

Driving toyota 4runner 2008: Nigerian police will say, 'oga, abeg stop'.
Driving Nissan primera 1999: Nigerian police will say,'mr man, stop there'.

(1) (Reply)

Little Baby Girl Is Forced To Live Inside Parents' Car Boot For Almost 2 Years! / FG Hands Over Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium To Enugu State / Rate Your State Governor's Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.