Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) (1372 Views)

Nigeria Learn: Senegal Gets Rid Of Its Senate To Save Money / Gunboats And Landing Craft Of The Nigerian Army Amphibious Forces / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by jjcbuthot: 5:29am On Oct 15, 2013
The Delta flight carrying us to US yesterday made emergency landing in Dakar to get medical attention for a pregnant woman who gave birth on board. As we touched the ground, the aircraft lost one of its tyres - nothing serious really as the plane came to final stop without issue.

But we are stuck in Dakar now lodged in an hotel and waiting to hear from the airline when the trip to the US will continue.

If I had known, I would have just stayed back in Lagos to celebrate Sallah with my family and leave Lagos on Tuesday which was my original plan before I changed it - with the look of things, we might not leave Dakar until Tuesday night.
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by wesley80(m): 5:42am On Oct 15, 2013
How's the woman and her child doing? Children of nowadays sef, wait small dem no go gree, see the result now? citizen of Sene - Gambia!

1 Like

Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by Wsdm: 5:48am On Oct 15, 2013
May be is 'aboki pilot again' as some clowns will say. We can try road on a journey within motorable distance and not across the Atlantic, so the earlier they fix these things the better for us. If not for social network now, this kind of news will never reach us as they even deny the obvious ones. Both the woman that gave birth and the fault generated by the plane all boils to poor management of our aviation sector. How can you allow a heavily pregnant woman in this modern day to board a flight without cross checking her DD( delivery date)?
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by wesley80(m): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2013
^ Aboki what are you saying? This is Stella's fault abi? Another sign from God according to your prophet TB Fani.
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 15, 2013
Be grateful to ur God for the safe landing after lost of one tyre. Enjoy the moment there. Life 1st.
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by gunuvi(m): 6:57am On Oct 15, 2013
jjcbuthot: The Delta flight carrying us to US yesterday made emergency landing in Dakar to get medical attention for a pregnant woman who gave birth on board. As we touched the ground, the aircraft lost one of its tyres - nothing serious really as the plane came to final stop without issue.

But we are stuck in Dakar now lodged in an hotel and waiting to hear from the airline when the trip to the US will continue.

If I had known, I would have just stayed back in Lagos to celebrate Sallah with my family and leave Lagos on Tuesday which was my original plan before I changed it - with the look of things, we might not leave Dakar until Tuesday night.
Sorry o but Sallah dey sweet for Dakar o.
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by joshbam: 7:29am On Oct 15, 2013
Aviation sector is in the state of anomy
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by Tolexander: 7:36am On Oct 15, 2013
Another sign in Femi Fani Kayode's voice!
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by Tuntheycr7: 8:09am On Oct 15, 2013
What is wrong wt naija women runnin to US few days to their delivery? And how cud de allowed a heavy abt to deliver madam enta plane
Now d pikin na America Senegal citizen by birth
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by icon8: 8:18am On Oct 15, 2013
OP should be happy, little delay and discomfort, but you're just about to travel to the US for free!!! Enjoy yourself at the hotel and expect a letter of apology from Delta and a refund into your account thereafter!
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by jjcbuthot: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2013
wesley80: How's the woman and her child doing? Children of nowadays sef, wait small dem no go gree, see the result now? citizen of Sene - Gambia!

The woman and the child are ok - but the doctor who attended to her when we were in the air said the baby is pre-mature. The captain announced later that the bady is ok and now receiving medical attention in Dakar.
Re: Delta Flight (Monday Oct 14) Made Emergency Landing In Dakar (senegal) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2013
While I understand that many people aboard the flight had many business engagements, I usually appreciate when the sanctity of human life is upgraded above seemingly important but in reality trivial issues. When the life of that mother and baby becomes more important than the million dollar deals people had to attend to, then that's a triumph for humanity and the things that bind us together. Kudos to Delta Airline taking the brunt and going as far as accomodating you guys just to ensure the life of a mothe rand baby are in good order!!

(1) (Reply)

Angry Reactions Trail Clark’s Letter To OBJ / Confab Delegates Divided Over Resource Control / All The Rice In Osun State Are APC Rices---- Sen. Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.