Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday (2615 Views)

Polish Student Visa / Please whats the price of Malaysia student Visa Application, and docs needed. / My Student Visa Success Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Onlineise(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2008
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by marydre: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2008
thats incredible if true shocked shocked. well congrats! Is it uk or canada? undecided
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by opensource(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2008
Your Overdraft account gave you the credibility because it is believed that for you to be able to get an overdraft from a bank in nigeria worth that amount . You must be well equally to the task.

Also paying school fees in fulls 13k pounds is not a joke, Congrats broda,

Do Nigeria Proud when you get there ,

I pray in fews days i will tell my own story . AMEN
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by funkybaby(f): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2008
Onlineise:

After much story i decided to apply two weeks ago. exactly 3 months to my resumption date. i had a few things against me (that was what d devil was whispering to m hart)

1. No NYSC approval letter.

2. Sponsor's a/c savings bal. of just 200k

3. Another Over Draft a/c drawn into debit of -2m

However i paid my fees in full E13,000. I was called xtaday to come and pick it up.

Ehanks to the advice of nairalanders when i first posted my complains in respect to the NYSC letter. Funkybaby and the likes were there to support me. OMO you guys are SSSSOOOOLLLLIIIDDDDDDDDD. grin smiley kiss

Yeah, i remember the issue of the nysc certificate.

Your case is a testimony ! smiley

Congratulations ! smiley
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Onlineise(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2008
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by 8ball(m): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2008
@onlineise

Wow,big congratulations,am so glad 4 u jare!.It isn't easy at all considering the nightmare visa aplication has become at the BHC.

If i may ask,which school was that?and is that an M.sc that u going for?Yo reply would be really useful cos i think i av similar issues wiv U.Would expanciate in my next post sha

Mean yl,av fun,savour the whole joyful experience that a successful visa application brings
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by ty4real(m): 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2008
Onlineise:

However I was given N[b]O RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUND[/b] (that one no wahala) but the other one that says WORK (and other changes) MUST BE AUTHORISE.(Na that one i know undastand because i go like do some small small work.

Abeg Nairalanders what do you guys have to say about this condition.

cheers.

Congratulations first of all.But you hard ooooo,well that clause is to remind you that you are first and first a student even though you allowed to work twenty hrs per week during school term but full time during school break eg Like this summer now you can work full time till September if you choose to come into the UK now.So changes have to be authorised here for you to work full time which will come up after your programme now that there is the Post Study Tier 1 thing is on now!
Meanwhile[b] Ka bo si ori eto yiiiii[/b]!
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Onlineise(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2008
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by keneclem3: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2008
hey, thats good news. am really happy for you and hope u make it reall over there. am equally waiting for mine from polish school nd hope by God's grace i will be sucessfull. pls fellas,pray for me .
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2008
;d ;d good for you but there is so much money in nigeria why is everybody running away sef
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Onlineise(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2008
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Onlineise(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2008
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by 8ball(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2008
@onlineise

That's cool,i was given admission by that Leeds too but cos of my career aspirations,had to opt for oil and gas engineering in another institution in Scotland.have paid my tuition fees in full ,just a little above what u paid as yo tuition fees and since gotten the receipted invoice from the varsity.what worries me is that my sponsor doesn't av enough money in the account at the moment,at least not up to a mill to the best of my knowlegde.Tho the tuition of 13,800 pounds av been paid in full .Am due to apply for the entry clearance/visa next week.In any case,what do u think are my chances wiv the BHC.all other documents like tax clearance etc has been provided n satisfactory?
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by seyibrown(f): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ Poster

However I was given NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUND (that one no wahala) but the other one that says WORK (and other changes) MUST BE AUTHORISE.(Na that one i know undastand because i go like do some small small work.

Abeg Nairalanders what do you guys have to say about this condition.

cheers.

You need to be sure of what our visa allows you to do and what it doesn't.

'NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS' means you can't claim benefits. You might be able to claim those that are dependent on National Insurance Contributions.

I suggest you email them to explain 'WORK (and other changes) MUST BE AUTHORISED' to be on the safe side because of new rules below:

[b]Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 321 was laid before Parliament on 6 February 2008. HC 321 amends the general grounds for refusal of an immigration application.

In some cases rule-breaking migrants could be banned from applying for entry to the UK for 10 years. The results will be:

Mandatory refusal of an application where false representations have made or false documents used, whether or not material to the application and whether or not the applicant knew of the falsehood.
Re-entry bans for those who have overstayed, breached their conditions of leave (e.g. a student working over 20 hrs a week in term time).
Those who leave within 28 days at their own expense will escape the ban.

Over stayers making a voluntary departure at their own expense face a 1 year ban, during which any application for entry clearance will be refused, rising to 5 years if the departure was at the expense of the State and 10 years if the person was removed or deported, or used deception.

In summary, the changes to the general grounds for refusal are:

From 29 February 2008 refusal of entry clearance or leave to enter, cancellation of leave or refusal to vary leave will be mandatory where false representations have been made or false documents submitted, whether or not these are material to the application and whether or not the applicant knew that such representations were being made or documents submitted.
From 1 April 2008 for those who have previously overstayed, breached their conditions of stay, entered illegally or used deception, refusal of a fresh entry clearance or leave to enter application will be mandatory for fixed periods – except those who have done no more than overstay for 28 days or less. The fixed periods are 12 months from when the person made a voluntary departure at their own expense, 5 years from when the person made a voluntary departure that was paid for and 10 years from when the person was removed or deported. In the case of a person who used deception in an entry clearance application, the fixed period will be for 10 years from the time of that deception.

Once these changes come into force, any application for permission to enter or remain in the UK must be refused if any of the above rules have been breached. [/b]

Congrats! Please do Nigeria proud!
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by Onlineise(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2008
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by chinesedoll(f): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
please just want 2 find out
is it compulsory to apply 3 months b4 ur resumption date
cos my younger sistas sch is supposed 2 start bysept 27
and she wants 2 apply 4 d visa by August 1st
we got all d neccessary doc
just scared abt d time frame
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by 8ball(m): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2008
chinesedoll:

please just want 2 find out
is it compulsory to apply 3 months before your resumption date
because my younger sistas sch is supposed 2 start bysept 27
and she wants 2 apply 4 d visa by August 1st
we got all d neccessary doc
just scared about d time frame

Yo sister could actually apply as from tommorrow being the 16th.No need to be scared of the time frame,this timing is well within the time limit set by the BHC.Wish u guys all the best
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by chinesedoll(f): 9:35am On Jul 15, 2008
thanx
just dat d tin is
she is waitin for d visa application doc from d scchool
cos she just paid her fees
Re: My Student Visa Was On A Platter Of Gold Xtaday by 8ball(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2008
chinesedoll:

thanx
just that d tin is
she is waitin for d visa application doc from d scchool
because she just paid her fees

It's Ok,just make sure she applies as soon as those documents are ready .The rush at the visa section of the BHC could sometimes reach crisis proportions.Am sure u don't want yo sis to go thru all that hassles in the name of visa application.would be applying for mine next week tho.

All the best

(1) (Reply)

4 Days Vacation In Ghana / New Canadian Immigration Forum / Why I Will Never Move To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.