Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

My Student Visa Success Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Student Visa Success Today (2202 Views)

Bank Sponsorship & Visa Success: Any Difference? / Tourism/visiting Visa Success Stories: / Student Visa Success Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Student Visa Success Today by 8ball(m): 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
it was indeeed with a mixture of emotions that i proceeded to the VAC(visa application centre ) in VIĀ  to learn the outcome of my Student visa application of 21/08/08 and being that i wasn't contacted by the BHC at all during the 15 workin day processing period made the wait a most nervous one.Neither was my dad/sponsor contacted.
The only consolationĀ  i had was buttressed on the painstaking visa application i was able to put together.Below was the list of documents that i submitted :
1.Tuition fees receipt(I paid i full to the tune of 13,800 pounds)
2.Unconditional offer letter/letter of acceptance
3.Conditional offer letter
4.University cost of living guide
5.Arrival letter/Enrolment notice
6.Accomodation Visa support form(Actualy the university does nt lease accomodation unless one is granted visa)
7.Academic transcripts
8.local gov Identification of origin
9.Primary school leaving certificate
10.jamb Notification of results
11.Undergraduate admission letter
12.affidavit of facts(to cover up for the error in my weac certificate)
13.letter of industrial atachment
14.shares certificates of my sponsor/dad(83 copies in all)
15.tax clearance certificate
16.certificate of occupancy
17.Letter of introduction from the bank( of my sponsor
18.certificate of business incorporation
19.evidence of payment of property rates
20.letter of financial guarantee
21.Nysc discharge certificate
22.Birth certificate
23.Affidavit of fact
24.Online accomadation application form

These were the documents that i submitted that i submitted almost 3weeks ago and today i was given the visa without any form of intrview.I just want to use this opprtuity to thank nairalanders in this particular section for their constructive criticisms which lagely contributed to my taking time to preparing for this visa aplication and hope that this information helps someone out there.
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by vvvjustice: 12:18am On Aug 12, 2008
Good. But i'm not going to congratulate you because, i can judge that you properly deserve a study visa.
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by shawamma(m): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2008
@8ball

all what u submitted was just lie mine i submitted o the 26th june i have checked 4 times since, still no show

my people please assist me could this be the issue in my case as am confused an worried

HELP ME OH!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by succeedo: 3:36am On Aug 13, 2008
That's another thorough one,since after paribus.Congrats!!my man
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by 8ball(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2008
shawamma:

@8ball

all what u submitted was just lie mine i submitted o the 26th june i have checked 4 times since, still no show

but again i have an immediate elder brother in the same school i applied ie ROBERT GORdON ABEREEN SCOTLANd

I am beginning to think that they might actually be making an investigation on my brother that could be the reason why mine is delayed

my father happens to be our sponsor as he is more than capable for both of us

my people please assist me could this be the issue in my case as am confused an worried

Brava,pls exercise patience.I don't think that the delay is cos of an invstigation.I know how it is,anxiety can really cause yo mind to veer off in diverse directions in situations like this but have no fear am sure it's all for good.

Meanwhile,do track yo applicatio online rom time to time.It should be ready at least before this week runs out.
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by shawamma(m): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2008
@8ball

Thank you for your calming words and encouragement i appreciate

i sent to the embassy email yesterday an this is their reply to me just like what i thought

see below:

13 August 2008

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email dated 13 August 2008.

Please be informed that we are currently conducting checks/enquiries on this application.

Once all checks are completed and a decision is made, the docket would be returned to the courier point for collection.

Yours faithfully,

TA
Correspondence unit
Visa section

i am a little bit relieved but still scared
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by 8ball(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2008
shawamma:

@8ball

Thank you for your calming words and encouragement i appreciate

i sent to the embassy email yesterday an this is their reply to me just like what i thought

see below:

13 August 2008

LAG/5041133

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email dated 13 August 2008.

Please be informed that we are currently conducting checks/enquiries on this application.

Once all checks are completed and a decision is made, the docket would be returned to the courier point for collection.

Yours faithfully,

TA
Correspondence unit
Visa section

i am a little bit relieved but still scared

Like i said u the other time, be patient n remain positive,i assure U it will be a favourable outcome,BELIEVE

have no fear, man
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by 8ball(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2008
shawamma:

@8ball

Just be patient.am quite sure it's all for the best
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by n0mi89(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2008
hi friends

@8ball,

i will submit my uk student visa application hopefully on 3rd of september,08, my course starts on 22nd of sep,08, so do i need an extension letter from my college or do i have enough time.

and can you give some advise regarding the questions in the visa form:

1:my real uncle is sponsoring me, how should i answer the following question:

why is he sponsring you?

2:My course is BCS diploma in IT< duration 1 year>, I plan to get the PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE DIPLOMA from the same college after I finish my diploma, SO SHOULD I MENTION THIS IN THE VISA FORM OR I SHOULD WRITE THAT I WILL RETURN AFTER FINISHING MY COURSE{mentioned earlier}
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by fineboy6: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
1.Correspondence Email print out from the school confirming that their is no initial deposit required prior to the offer
2.Unconditional offer letter/letter of acceptance
4.University cost of living guide
6.Accomodation Visa support form(Actualy the university does nt lease accomodation unless one is granted visa)
7.Academic transcripts
8.local gov Identification of origin
9.Primary school leaving certificate
10.jamb/pre degree Notification of results
11.Undergraduate admission letter
12.Birth certificate
13 letter of identification from the your community chief head or igwe of your village.
14.shares certificates of my sponsorsdad(many copies )
15.tax clearance certificate
16.sponsors tenancy agreement
17.Letter of introduction from all the banks of my sponsors
18.certificate of business incorporation
19.evidence of payment of property rates
20.letters of financial guarantee
21.Nysc discharge certificate
22.Birth certificate
23.NYSC and Academic (matric or convocation)pictures
24.Online accomadation application form
25.School ID cards
26.School fees and clearance reciepts
27.Personal bank statement and its reference letter from the bank
28.landed properties
29 Pension savings Allawancefrom my sponsors.
30. Fixed deposits of the equivalant amount of all my living expenses including school fees.
31 reference letters from my sponsors place of work.
32 my sponsors salary package from the place of work.
33. reference letter from my school to the embassy

Good luck guys
see you guys in UK
Re: My Student Visa Success Today by 8ball(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2008
n0mi_89:

hi friends

@8ball,

i will submit my uk student visa application hopefully on 3rd of september,08, my course starts on 22nd of sep,08, so do i need an extension letter from my college or do i have enough time.

and can you give some advise regarding the questions in the visa form:

1:my real uncle is sponsoring me, how should i answer the following question:

why is he sponsring you?

2:My course is BCS diploma in IT< duration 1 year>, I plan to get the PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE DIPLOMA from the same college after I finish my diploma, SO SHOULD I MENTION THIS IN THE VISA FORM OR I SHOULD WRITE THAT I WILL RETURN AFTER FINISHING MY COURSE{mentioned earlier}

my brother,i no go lie U,the timing of yo application isn't so good.U could av at least applied 4 wks fore the commencement of yo course.ny way,U could still be lucky.Every one needs an element of that these days to sail thru at the BHC.

Best of luck tho

(1) (Reply)

Dv Lottery 2012 / Please Can Anybody Help Me On How To Get Luxembourg Student Visa.. In Nigeria / Between Ibadan, Ago-iwoye And Abeokuta.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.