Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly (1083 Views)

'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Chelsea’s Mourinho Kicks Over Arsenal Fixture Schedule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by homesteady(m): 1:27am On Oct 16, 2013

Keshi
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has said next
month’s friendly against Italy could stress his
team because of the timing.
The African champions have confirmed they will
face four-time world champions Italy on
November 18 in London.
The Eagles
will depart
for England
immediately
after taking
on Ethiopia
in Calabar
in the
return leg of
the 2014
World Cup
final playoff
on
November
”It would be
a good test
for our preparation for the World Cup, but the
timing is my only worry. We would not have time
to rest for the game after playing against
Ethiopia,” Keshi told mtnfootball.
“We would most likely head to either Abuja or
Lagos to proceed to London, meaning we might
not even have time to warm up before the game.
”In any case, we would see how it goes but it
would be a good test for my team ahead of the
World Cup.”
Keshi will also parade a team of players from the
local league for another friendly in Amman,
Jordan, later this month.

Source - www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/keshi-kicks-italian-friendly/
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Afam4eva(m): 1:45am On Oct 16, 2013
This just shows that even Keshi was not intimated about the friendly match cos if he was he would have advised against the date. I don't know why the 1diots that run our football will not get their heads out of their asses and do things the right way. Keshi is the coach of the team and he needs to be carried along at all times.
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by pomporiking: 1:46am On Oct 16, 2013
Then select players who didn't play ethiopia game naa...its a friendly oga try out new players
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Afam4eva(m): 1:48am On Oct 16, 2013
pompori king: Then select players who didn't play ethiopia game naa...its a friendly oga try out new players
And when he loses, you'll start calling for his head. Btw, this is not the time to try a whole set of new players cos the world cup is at hand and this present team have to play competitive friendlies to get themselves prepared.
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by pomporiking: 2:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
And when he loses, you'll start calling for his head. Btw, this is not the time to try a whole set of new players cos the world cup is at hand and this present team have to play competitive friendlies to get themselves prepared.

Stop getting carried away this friendly doesn't prepare them for sh*t.they have more than six months to do that, we cannot risk the players for a meaningless game less than 48hrs after our game against ethiopia.
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by homesteady(m): 2:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Wait! I don't get it! Do they organise friendlies without the coach consent? undecided
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Ajibel(m): 3:13am On Oct 16, 2013
This shows there is a disconnect or sth like a break-down in communications between keshi and the NFF... It's embarrassing the coach isn't aware of a friendly before it has been fixed - a high profile one for that matter .. !! So should we be expecting the worse already Cuz anything besides a win (hmmmmm) would be blamed on fatigue ooo embarassed
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Brimmie(m): 3:49am On Oct 16, 2013
Oga Keshi, this NFF fih spoil things for you o! No let them control you abeg. Na you get the team, na you dey manage am.
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Redoil: 4:07am On Oct 16, 2013
pompori king: Then select players who didn't play ethiopia game naa...its a friendly oga try out new players
you have violated the following rules of nairaland :-
Rule 2
Rule 15
Rule 21
and you must be punish severly.
Those were the rules i violated and you ban me till 2019.
AFAM4EVER PLEASE UNBAN ME
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2013
I wan sell my phone but nobody wan gree buy. no problem oooo
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Do you think he is playing against Tahiti reserve team? we are talking about Italy and you are talking nonsense! if you dont know, If Nigeria can win Italy, Its Fifa ranking will fly like my Private J★t!!!
Re: Keshi Kicks Over Italian Friendly by isalegan2: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Afam4eva: This just shows that even Keshi was not intimated about the friendly match cos if he was he would have advised against the date. I don't know why the 1diots that run our football will not get their heads out of their asses and do things the right way. Keshi is the coach of the team and he needs to be carried along at all times.

The thing with friendlies is that the result affects our ranking. Another weird thing is, the yellow cards and other punishments those players get counts in all fifa/confederations matches.

Almost all countries take international friendlies very seriously now. Gone are the days England will send out their reserve team or a bunch of under-17s to play Moldova.

BTW, There is no way Keshi was unaware of this before confirmation; where in the opening post is that written?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Moves 10 Spots On Latest FIFA Ranking / Virtual Football League (VFL) / Best 20 Football Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.