Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? (9652 Views)

Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / TV Shows: Prison Break, Lost Or 24? / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Slickest(m): 8:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Well 4me there's nothing wrong wit them, so many ppl have died with their talents without being able 2 showcase it due to funding,all these programs act as helping hand 4d contestant...
For the viewers, we have those who enjoy watching even if they are not talented in the aspect of program dey chose to follow, some love gud music buh can't sing, while some lov dancing buh can't obey d beat etc, even if u believe its doing notin 2d viewers, its just getting entertained, havin a reason to turn on ur tv...for d companies, its more lyka social responsibility...
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Mynd44: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Slickest: Well 4me there's nothing wrong wit them, so many ppl have died with their talents without being able 2 showcase it due to funding,all these programs act as helping hand 4d contestant...
For the viewers, we have those who enjoy watching even if they are not talented in the aspect of program dey chose to follow, some love gud music buh can't sing, while some lov dancing buh can't obey d beat etc, even if u believe its doing notin 2d viewers, its just getting entertained, havin a reason to turn on ur tv...for d companies, its more lyka social responsibility...
Talent hunt shows and Reality TV shows are different.

No talent gets discovered in Reality shows, just waste of time
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by victor260(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2013
They really do not add anytin 2 our lives, if we look at it categorically, it a waste of time....
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 16, 2013
Even dat GUS is so so boring that after watching it,u will wana ask for ur wasted time back#

2 Likes

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by mariong(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2013
I always thought the Americans got to a point of 'economic satisfaction' that's why they have reality shows churning out like singles from musical artists. It helps them to relax as they don't have much struggling to do (things are changing thou). In our own case it's about bandwagoning; we watch the foreign ones and we want the same eventhough we have not gotten to that satisfactory level economically. I don't think it's of any good benefit save for the contestants/participants and the organisers.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by UjSizzle(f): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
It has been established that BBA is is useless but the puzzles in GUS are not really that intelligent as to keep you mentally alert. They are just showing what happens when people go camping.
And the team work? It can all be applied in everyday life you know undecided

To give it to BBA, Dillish certainly taught people to use others as pawns on a chessboard.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Anuoluwap(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2013
I may know what prompted this topic.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Bonjezee(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Mynd_44: They are a huge waste of time but to people who have nothing to do while it is showing, it is a good chance to pass time.

Talent shows like project fame etc do make sense as it helps showcase upcoming talents too sha
lol
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Bonjezee(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2013
Linqsz: Even dat GUS is so so boring that after watching it,u will wana ask for ur wasted time back#
GUS boring? Oooppsss

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Mynd44: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle:
And the team work? It can all be applied in everyday life you know undecided

To give it to BBA, Dillish certainly taught people to use others as pawns on a chessboard.
I'd rather watch amateur cricket.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2013
Bonjezee: GUS boring? Oooppsss

yeh it is!
ma opinion.
the old 1c were fun buh dis recent 1c ain't
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Gadario: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2013
''We are all entitled to our own opinion"
To me, shows like big brother Africa, Gulder Ultimate search are absolute nonsense and waste of time.
But, give Nigerians scholarships to go to school, empower those with small scale business or build certain infrastructures at schools or public places, but not gathering adults of both sexes having sex and fun, kids are watching at home and online!!

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by UjSizzle(f): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Linqsz: Even dat GUS is so so boring that after watching it,u will wana ask for ur wasted time back#
*slaps his eyeballs* Take that back angry
Previous GUS may not have been as entertaining as the first three seasons, but the current one is really good.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by yoged(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2013
They are just for entertainment. Nothing special about it
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Gadario: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2013
I always thought the Americans got to a point of 'economic satisfaction' that's why they have reality shows churning out like singles from musical artists. It helps them to relax as they don't have much struggling to do (things are changing thou). In our own case it's about bandwagoning; we watch the foreign ones and we want the same eventhough we have not gotten to that satisfactory level economically. I don't think it's of any good benefit save for the contestants/participants and the organisers.

Dude U r correct. How i wish some ppl in this forum today can think like U.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2013
kaeyame: Slowly, but surely, this thread is becoming a BBA thread

*reality shows to me is equally as beneficial as watching football on tv...

How dare you compare football with ur stupid bba?
How dare you angry

2 Likes

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle:
*slaps his eyeballs* Take that back angry
Previous GUS may not have been as entertaining as the first three seasons, but the current one is really good.

*rubbing d slapped red eyeballs*
I always skip the channels showing GUS.
cos d 1c I watch dey piss me off!
and maybe I will watch 1 episode soon buh if I dnt like it...u go give me back my wasted time oh!
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Gorrbachev: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Hope this helps.

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2013
It's simple really, it benefits the economy , it benefits the followers, it benefits the contesters...etc What kind of benefit are you talking about? And who is the "us" you are referring to?
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Gorrbachev: Hope this helps.

me na marketing student oh!
buh is this d thread for that?
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by quivah(f): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2013
I particularly,love THE DEBATERS...
Interesting,educative.. it has really improved my debating skills(the introductions mostly) and enhanced my speech..also my use of words..

No more: goodday mr chairman,panel of judges,accurate time time keeper blah blah secondary school style!!

Im sure it has helped/helping other "ready to learn" students as well..thus,improving 0.001% of the society.
Especially,the part where each debaters go for research on some particular topics... meet profs learning new things(mostly for public use).
Stage use, boldness menh!! I bet this competition deos not only help students for advanced debating skills...lawyers to be,a speaker in any gathering..are also helped in their use of words!

I love Oluwatoyinbo days...

African Zain competition is also a plus..

Others(project fame,BBA,GUS are just for entertainments)...

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by slap1(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
It is not a lie na.
To each, their own, I guess; but for me, no reality show is near-as-valuable as a good football match, even if the match features Finidi George, Christain Okechukwu and Ben Iroha as players.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Gorrbachev: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Linqsz:

me na marketing student oh!
buh is this d thread for that?

yes, it is.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Gadario:
''We are all entitled to our own opinion"
To me, shows like big brother Africa, Gulder Ultimate search are absolute nonsense and waste of time.
But, give Nigerians scholarships to go to school, empower those with small scale business or build certain infrastructures at schools or public places, but not gathering adults of both sexes having sex and fun, kids are watching at home and online!!

God bless you! Don't mind all these stupid companies, they are not giving back to people. All they are looking for is publicity thru the stupid shows, if you want to give back, organise business idea competitions, build schools, give scholarships. Stupid idiots organise glo xfactor, etisalat idols, bba is the dumbest, I don't know why someone should be watching that nonsense, I don't like as I'm mentioning it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer / Nigerian Actors Or Actresses You Would Want To Act With / Can You Allow Any Your Relatives To Act In This Kind Of “nude” Nollywood Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.