Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show (17498 Views)

Modeling Reality TV Show - Hill Top Next Top Model / Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Seun(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2007
Got this in my inbox:
A new world-beating reality TV show on it's way to Nigeria speedily

Name: Dragons' Den

Origin: UK

Broadcaster: NTA

TX: TBC

Programme makers: Would reveal in time (hint: they produced one of the most successful shows of 2006)

Sponsors: (Completed but cannot reveal yet -a MAJOR new generation bank -one of the top 10)

Developing,
My guess is that the producers behind the Nigerian Edition of Dragons' Den are the same people behind the business-oriented Intern show that was broadcast on TV last year. This one is also business oriented.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by uchetobi(f): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2007
So you now get first hand info on upcoming events in Nigeria?? congrats!
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by angel101(f): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2007
Is this going to be with Nigerian entrepreneurs?
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by shockreaction(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2007
Talk about originality. Anyway, I've been a fan of reality TV. Or TV in general. There are good shows I do get to watch though: 24, Lost, you know, the likes,
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by sprezatura(m): 11:15am On Jul 25, 2007
I guess with the influx of everything Television into the 9ja market, the hoax tv reality show "Organ Donor" would actually be a reality with time. Wish we could be originators of TV contents not forever adopters. Fatwa to realty shows
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by SOJ(m): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2007
great to know tv's going ballistic nowadays.i was begining to favor cable over local stations;we get bombarded with crap in the name of drama and soaps evryday dat it stinks.reality shows r d bomb
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2007
any hints on the entrepreneurs? i think all those guys chatting away in the business section about VC and funding should go and show their skills

I like the original version
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by guvna(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2007
Quite interesting.But I wonder will this work in the Nigerian market?I mean the inventions, unless its something very simple or for organisations. Maybe I'm wrong but I just wonder, having seeing the UK's Dragon Den and knowing market structures and economies are different. Lets see might be well tailored for the Nigerian Market, I hope.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2007
Dragons Den has the potential of initiating an entreprenurial revolution in Nigeria. Having seen the UK, Canadian, Dutch and Australian versions online, I can only wonder which genius came up with the idea of bringing such a meaningful show to Nigeria (admitedlly I am a huge fan). Should Dragons Den Nigeria be tailored to our business environment -it would be medicine to all our pain! For those who are still in the dark here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons'_Den good luck nuff said
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 2:04am On Aug 04, 2007
i have a feeling most entrepreneurs will be asking for millionss not one or two million; 20milla gidigba! fear go catch them dragons sef grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2007
Dis Guy - Even in places like Gambia fools now hardly part with their money, let alone in hard nosed Nigeria and we're talking a chequered business Dragons. Asking for 20million for a new business You better be inventing a dodo-dicer with mass distribution lockdown in china ready to go or something so unique that the dragond would be fighting over it. Realistically, most new businesses fail because they launch in at the deep end my dear -always test the water/ wink
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by edetcnn(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2007
Dragon's den in Nigeria? Fine and good but who is going to be a dragon that can attract the needed audience? Heard on good authority that the Internshow Didn't end on a good not for bankphb and that's why they had to ditch the creators and go for the apprentice. Dragon's den? I know virtually all the Marketing communications guys in the "top" banks and all of them swore in confidence that there is nothing ike that, at least in the near future. not that i won't like it though. On a lighter note Seun, are you sure you are not sounding us out on your Idea?
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ edetcnn: U certainly do not know all the top bank marketing execs, Seuns scoop is so genuine that you guys can't verify two weeks on wink Tell you what, it is one of the top 5 banks sponsoring, go figure or, await the press release like every other civilian hehe grin, [/color]
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Seun(m): 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2007
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DeNoble1(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
Pls. do you know exactly when this show will be coming up?
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2007
been trying to dig for more scoop on Dragons Den Nigeria recently. Word is that it is one of the top 3 banks headlining sponsorship and the show should be debuting around Nov. Though I still wonder who the Dragons would be Do we even have enough (like 5) legal witty business-minded millionaires in this naija sef?

Would keep yall posted, stay tuned (literally) wink
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Seun(m): 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2007
Any updates on this show? Sounds like it might be a bit different from the usual.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2008
Hi Seun, it took time to get the info from my source. Nigerias version of Dragons Den is on for the new year and it is exactly the same to the originals, the only difference is the Nigerian Tycoons and the gidi business hopefuls wink
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by zigbo(f): 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2008
omigosh not again. . .
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2008
NEWSFLASH!!! People, Dragons Den Nigeria it is -2008 baby. FACT1: It has got the two BIGGEST players in the Banking and Telco sector behind it. This is going to be serious o, well it sound from my sources. Hint1: The two conglomerates sponsoring both have a 3-letter acronym as a brand name, go figure people and get you business ideas ready for a once in a lifetime investment opportunity. Hint 2: Coming soon (Tues). grin grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by zigbo(f): 1:00am On Jan 24, 2008
dragon's den my foot. . .
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 11:06am On Jan 27, 2008
Zigbo when you no get money for pocket and no even sabi think to find business to make some money, you are lost in the world you know . This na one good opportunity, make sense of it and if you can't say nothing at all wink.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 11:17am On Jan 27, 2008
And if there are people still wondering out there, I am TELLING who the sponsors are @, 7pm today!!! Then it'll make more sense abi grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2008
And the sponsors are (African Drum roll) - United Bank For Africa (UBA) and wait for it MTN!!! And the producers of the show are to be Storm Vision (Apprentice Africa /Big Brother Nigeria).

There you have it chaps, don't Say nairaland is not the place to see!
cool
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DeNoble1(m): 10:49pm On Jan 27, 2008
Pls I will like to resieve a detailed information about the registration when it starts
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by zigbo(f): 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2008
MsMs:

Zigbo when you no get money for pocket and no even sabi think to find business to make some money, you are lost in the world you know . This na one good opportunity, make sense of it and if you can't say nothing at all wink.

first of all, i dint get a word of that, secondly i am hoping for the day our people will be more original instead of copying up nd down, even if they must copy atleast it should be in collarbo with the pioneer producers(jst like other countries),so we can be sure it will be orgaized/nt biased etc. for the mean time its still dragon's den my foot, till i see it nd its actually helping people.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 5:47am On Jan 28, 2008
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigbo, Why do you think that guy in the south that created Nigeria's first automobile never made it out of his garage Original shows are at times high risk -especially for a big brand (without having to name any misfires). Adaptations are common all over the world today (Millionaire -100+ countries, Deal or No Deal, Big brother, Idols et all are sample of successfull and bankable franchises. Not to say we can't make our own but I'm not sure we're there yet, ultimately.

By the way, I think i heard Dragons Den is a collabo btw Storm Vision and the BBC.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 6:00am On Jan 28, 2008
with the UK version majority of them have products to manufacture, they usually come up with working prototypes
I wonder how this will be pulled off in nigeria, where manufacturing is a bit lipsrsealed

I'm looking forward to it sha! hope they're innovative with the show and stream it online weekly!
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by zigbo(f): 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2008
it had better be in collarbo with bbc and hope for the love of God it doesnt suck. . .
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2008
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by pheena: 1:45am On Feb 22, 2008
copying wouldnt have bn dat bad if only they copy well but at all times the standards of our own copying
is very low compared to the original but i must say d UK version is very good and people really benefit 4m it
it will be beneficial to ordinary nigerians who have the skills but no capital
so 4 dat alone am happy
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by starlizzy(f): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2008
I love narialand forum.
nice infos:
seun seems to have his ears on ground, to gist us on up- coming shows.
Kudos to you, and more pepper for your account.
i love u, bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Eloswag, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Nollywood Actors & Actresses' Value / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.