Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas (48324 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by jenivie(f): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2013
You will never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and remasons to add them to your diet.

1. Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan,which is converted into serotonin -- the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.

2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.

3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.

4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.

5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation

6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.

7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.

8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

EATING BANANA AIDS DIGESTION

9. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.

10. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.

11. Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.

12. Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.

13. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.

14. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.

NATURAL CURES FROM A SIMPLE BANANA

15. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.

16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

17. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.

18. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.

19. Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.

20. Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.

21. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.

22. The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

23. Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal .

24. Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.

25. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.

Oh, and remember -- bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.

Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana!

Source Link: http://www.naturalnews.com/036771_bananas_digestion.html

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by dimexilux(m): 8:00am On Oct 16, 2013
op, nice one
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Sllowppoisoon: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2013
1 powerful reason not to eat banana... 'U will be classified as a Monkey'... D choice is urs grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Extom(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Noted.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Lawconfessor(f): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2013
@op, true talk dear.

Banana's got great consuming advantages.....those looking for flat belle shud increase the intake of bananas, it aid.

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by RINE1: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Sllowppoisoon: 1 powerful reason not to eat banana... 'U will be classified as a Monkey'... D choice is urs grin grin
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
can't stop laughing.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rexsul: 8:46am On Oct 16, 2013
26. eatn lots of banana b4 sex makes u last longer in bed n gv u quality sperm.

19 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Extom(m): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rexsul: 26. eatn lots of banana b4 sex makes u last longer in bed n gv u quality sperm.
What on earth is this one saying

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Ignatio(m): 8:19am On Oct 17, 2013
Rexsul: 26. eatn lots of banana b4 sex makes u last longer in bed n gv u quality sperm.

The popular street belief.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Duduconfirm: 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wow
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by simplyamazing: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nice one op....Moderator front page pls
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by s3nn2x(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
simplyamazing: Nice one op....Moderator front page pls

If every topic hits front page, don't you think Nairaland would be boring?

That is why there are different sections.

The Topic is just too long.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Thebrightest(m): 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
good
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Thebrightest(m): 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ignatio:

The popular street belief.
yes
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by alaladakosta(f): 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
seun ba mi pe omo ologede yen.

11 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by chykmoni(m): 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Take Banana till you go yo'... Abeg wetin be Yo'
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good!

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry

4 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Dabss(m): 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
Rexsul: 26. eatn alots of banana b4 sex makes u last longer in bed n gv u quality sperm.
yeah!
And protects you from Hiv/aids too .

5 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by call4shola(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland sha, I just love eating it even b4 reading this post, the rule 26 is really funny grin
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Enegod(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
yeah!
And protects you from Hiv/aids too .
grin grin
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rexsul: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
Extom:
What on earth is this one saying
my frnd u beta biliv it or u continue 2b a 1 mins man on bed.

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by DrBaby(f): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok...I love banana....its my best of d fruit n veg...I guess on average av ad atleast one a day for d last 5 yrs... ( its nt seasonal outside naija)...n yes I am a very happy person.
Back to d gist....dey r very high in potassium...n dts d most important electrolyte in d body...maintains cell wall...also helps d heart fxn...relieves tiredness n cramps...
In oda news, eat banana...its healthy.

Abeg OP, help me beg Tesco to import der bananas n stop selling that thing dey engineered in d lab as banana...d thing tastes like wet wood....sad!

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by fckyourman: 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
YOUR point is ?

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by pelhurmy(m): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
booqee: pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry

YES....all types,itz gud 4 ur health...#u no serious#

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Tinkybabe(f): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
I love bananas.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by pinky21(f): 11:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
HmmmM am speechless. So many tins it can do but wen a guy eats bannana n groundnut,d rest na history. Guess d guys shld understand dis

2 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by DAVE5(m): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
wia dis banana girl com go sef, bring all d banana com make I yo

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2013

Give Ur kids lots Of Banana So when they grow up their mambas can be finely Shaped n Fresh so it will yo anybody that tastes it..
As a kid i ate 10 bananas weekly...

Now O my Gawd..
U've got to see my mamba
agidigba..
No shaking..
I av yo(ed) the Lives of many also wit my banana Juice..

28. Drink lots n lots of banana Juice before u...................
Hehehehehehe..
So the yoghurt can b fresh ni

2 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by mysticgal(f): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
good to ease.heartburn
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by 1forall: 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
One rule for the banana eating ladies is: If you MUST eat a banana in public, do not make eye contact with anyone wink

2 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by eluquenson(m): 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good to know these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Got Myself A Bushmeat This Night... Come Join Me / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.