Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas (48320 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
DrBaby: Ok...I love banana....its my best of d fruit n veg...I guess on average av ad atleast one a day for d last 5 yrs... ( its nt seasonal outside naija)...n yes I am a very happy person.
Back to d gist....dey r very high in potassium...n dts d most important electrolyte in d body...maintains cell wall...also helps d heart fxn...relieves tiredness n cramps...
In oda news, eat banana...its healthy.

Abeg OP, help me beg Tesco to import der bananas n stop selling that thing dey engineered in d lab as banana...d thing tastes like wet wood....sad!

whaz dis one saying...
U mean u like d follow come..
Oya pm me grin
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
chop akpu forget banana
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by ndubisik(m): 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tinkybabe: I love bananas.

I know u do dearie**winks**
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by XwhY(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=pinky21]HmmmM am speechless. So many tins it can do but wen a guy eats bannana n groundnut,d rest na history. Guess d guys shld understand dis
No we don't.
Tell us
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by switdil(f): 12:05am On Oct 19, 2013
The other banana has more health benefits
It aids reproduction
Ll prefer that instead

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by ndubisik(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2013
switdil: The other banana has more health benefits
It aids reproduction
Ll prefer that instead
nice ! Are you on bbm ?
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by BANKS4U2NV: 12:14am On Oct 19, 2013
BANANA + GARRI =What more can I say? : :-
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Nna men..... Only bananan get all dis tins
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 19, 2013
''TAKE BANANA'' till you go yoo...
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 19, 2013
booqee: pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry

There are minors on this forum. Pls aunty, protect my innocence...
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Give Ur kids lots Of Banana So when they grow up their mambas can be finely Shaped n Fresh so it will yo anybody that tastes it..
As a kid i ate 10 bananas weekly...

Now O my Gawd..
U've got to see my mamba
agidigba..
No shaking..
I av yo(ed) the Lives of many also wit my banana Juice..

28. Drink lots n lots of banana Juice before u...................
Hehehehehehe..
So the yoghurt can b fresh ni

wher are the moderators ?
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by russianmob27: 12:42am On Oct 19, 2013
ladies se ema je ogede agbagba cool cool
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Motolank: 1:52am On Oct 19, 2013
Chop banana till you go yo
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by JOYCEOUS(f): 2:01am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmmmmmn!

Too many goody bags.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Lucasbalo(m): 2:09am On Oct 19, 2013
booqee: pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry
. Yes they are.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Richy4(m): 2:10am On Oct 19, 2013
16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

I like banana as a fruit but this number 16, i no buy am at all. based on how I like the fruit,are you saying I would have been the very best in my uni days or I did not eat enough before going to the exam hall

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by UGOCHUKWU3: 2:30am On Oct 19, 2013
But seriously,Banana and Groudnut together does wonders especially with d quality,quantity and stamina in sex,dnt doubt,jst try this and see,i works for me

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 19, 2013
*singing* take banana till you go yo cheesy
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 19, 2013
BANKS4U2NV: BANANA + GARRI =What more can I say? : :-
Is a death food recipe
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Layolaw(f): 2:56am On Oct 19, 2013
though l don't like banana but l've been giving my kids to benefit from it, thanks op
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Achmet(m): 2:58am On Oct 19, 2013
While you take bananas remember you are addressed the way you dress...Ever thought about making your own
clothes? Time to polish up your sewing
skills! Create and combine lots of clothing
designs, stitches etc. It is always fun to
learn a new skills or craft. It can be both a
household skill and a fun craft at the same
time.
Download Stitch It app at
http://nexva.mobi/app/show/id/31274
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 19, 2013
banana got me high......its my kparaga and weed o....i no fit do witout am....it makes me ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR...jst like katty pery...banana gets me on d hive.....like post if u love banana
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Thereishel: 3:33am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=jenivie]You will never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and remasons to add them to your diet.

1. Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan,which is converted into serotonin -- the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.

2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.

3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.

4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.

5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation

6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.

7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.

8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

EATING BANANA AIDS DIGESTION

9. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.

10. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.

11. Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.

12. Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.

13. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.

14. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.

NATURAL CURES FROM A SIMPLE BANANA

15. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.

16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

17. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.

18. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.

19. Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.

20. Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.

21. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.

22. The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

23. Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal .

24. Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.

25. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.

Oh, and remember -- bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.

Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana!

4. is not true, banana has insignificant amount of Calcium, it does not help in building bones

5. Banana contains a high quantities of sugar, therefore it does not regulate blood sugar but increase it.

6. is false because it cause belly fat and risk of type 2 diabetes

8. Is scientifically wrong being a candidate for diabetes 2, increases the chances of stroke and heart attack. Even when you eat it too much instead of it increasing your K, it decreases it in your body and I am telling you what happened to me personally. I always hv 2.9-3-0 in my body system but the standard range is between 3.5-5.0
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 19, 2013
I love banana like Crazy!..more reasons to eat lots of banana cheesy...Nice one @Op
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by TheLastNazgul(m): 4:16am On Oct 19, 2013
okpara ugo:

wher are the moderators ?
They've gone bananas.

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by zolajpower: 4:16am On Oct 19, 2013
It is through saying that banana regular intake increases sex life,libibo and quality sperm. It happened to me. It is no gain sayin.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by engroke(m): 4:35am On Oct 19, 2013
chykmoni: Take Banana till you go yo'... Abeg wetin be Yo'
yokozuna,,,,,,,,
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Stallion77(f): 4:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Person wan open Banana shop...this na advert o!

The only thing missing is Banana brings dead people to life again!!!
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Richy.:
16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

I like banana as a fruit but this number 16, i no buy am at all. based on how I like the fruit,are you saying I would have been the very best in my uni days or I did not eat enough before going to the exam hall
.na 2ru talk o. I chop banana die bt ntin out of numba 16. Maybe i wud ave been lyk chika obi.

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 19, 2013
Thank banana till you go yo! angry
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by njuwo(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2013
Make i come begin eat banana like monkey abi
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Hemanwel(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2013
29. For someone who has lost some electrolytes through diarrhea,banana is a good source of electrolyte replacement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Got Myself A Bushmeat This Night... Come Join Me / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.