Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas (48322 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by kreamidiva(f): 7:07am On Oct 19, 2013
If you love me,just buy a bunch of bananas for me! (With peanuts o)
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Give Ur kids lots Of Banana So when they grow up their mambas can be finely Shaped n Fresh so it will yo anybody that tastes it..
As a kid i ate 10 bananas weekly...

Now O my Gawd..
U've got to see my mamba
agidigba..
No shaking..
I av yo(ed) the Lives of many also wit my banana Juice..

28. Drink lots n lots of banana Juice before u...................
Hehehehehehe..
So the yoghurt can b fresh ni

undecided undecided what on earth is this one yapping about?!
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by harrysteeze: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2013
vivacious vivi:

undecided undecided what on earth is this one yapping about?!
As if u don't knw...
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Decryptor(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Thereishel: 4. is not true, banana has insignificant amount of
Calcium, it does not help in building bones
5. Banana contains a high quantities of sugar,
therefore it does not regulate blood sugar but
increase it.
6. is false because it cause belly fat and risk of
type 2 diabetes
8. Is scientifically wrong being a candidate for
diabetes 2, increases the chances of stroke and
heart attack. Even when you eat it too much
instead of it increasing your K, it decreases it in
your body and I am telling you what happened to
me personally. I always hv 2.9-3-0 in my body
system but the standard range is between 3.5-5.0

You are a stark ILLITERATE! Imagine you saying banana contains sugar! shocked Did you even go to school at all? Even if you did, your school fees is a total waste! Let me educate you...All sweet fruits contain natural sugars known as fructose which is a natural sugar that has 0% negative health effects unlike the conventional factory processed sugar. This is because fructose has a antioxidant
called phenol plus other fibres which is absent from added sugar! Added sugar lacks the multiple health promoting qualities of fruits provided by phenols, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

So please educate yourself very well before you come here to preach to us about banana increasing your diabetes (blood sugar) level. Unless it's Mr Biggs Ice-cream or any factory processed fruit juice like chivita that has banana flavour is what you take and that is different from natural banana.

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by chunny01(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2013
Den pple should sell bananas cheap 4 d betterment of mankind
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 19, 2013
me enjoy banana
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by tomzman: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2013
booqee: pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry
Bukky, Bukky, Bukky e melo ni mo pe e? Okan re ti doti ju. grin
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by greaterlove(m): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Op thanks. Banana was a meal for me when I was in Ondo state. That axis of Edo and Ondo is a banana Heaven in Nigeria.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by tomzman: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2013
I love banana so much. But how true is the 'eating banana before exam' part? Well, I would try it when next I'm going for an exam.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by UjSizzle(f): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2013
Very informative smiley
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by UjSizzle(f): 7:53am On Oct 19, 2013
tomzman: I love banana so much. But how true is the 'eating banana before exam' part? Well, I would try it when next I'm going for an exam.
It's supposed to make you mentally alert and smarter in learning and not supply answers to exam questions.
You brain cannot access information you did not put in it.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Fayrouzz(m): 7:53am On Oct 19, 2013
jenivie: You will never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and remasons to add them to your diet.

1. Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan,which is converted into serotonin -- the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.

2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.

3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.

4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.

5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation

6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.

7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.

8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

EATING BANANA AIDS DIGESTION

9. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.

10. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.

11. Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.

12. Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.

13. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.

14. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.

NATURAL CURES FROM A SIMPLE BANANA

15. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.

16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

17. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.

18. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.

19. Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.

20. Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.

21. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.

22. The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

23. Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal .

24. Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.

25. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.

Oh, and remember -- bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.

Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana!

Source Link: http://www.naturalnews.com/036771_bananas_digestion.html
Wow
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by phobia147(m): 7:57am On Oct 19, 2013
copied
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Gwekzy: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2013
I found out d miracle of banana few years bak n since den it ll be fair if u cal me a monkey... 1 of d beauty of it is dat it gives instant energy n its so evident especially during workout...not jst bananas..Fruit rules..no 1der our forefathers lived longer

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by klickstar: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Seriously! Then i will like to apply as a major distributor.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Mrluv(m): 8:23am On Oct 19, 2013
I luv banana..
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmm, banana is so powerful, nowonder it looks like joystick. Now I see why my girl won't let mine rest.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Henrolla(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Nawa o....Too many health benefits. M surprised curing madness isn't on d list
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by MATUREZEE: 8:44am On Oct 19, 2013
booqee: pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry
Badt gurl, Spoilt Child.
U dey lick and like that one wella wella abi!!?
Nothing do u.
Abeg mail me jaree
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by JOYCEOUS(f): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Mrluv: I luv 'follow cum' bananas..

I see.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by tosingcfr(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by itsabdul(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by comfy7(f): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Nice thread
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 19, 2013
jenivie: 16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

Taking a cue from the monkeys on this cheesy
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Ogegod87: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2013
If U̶̲̥̅̊ set a trap Fø̲̣̣я̅ me wit banana, it will definitely catch me. Goes 2 show how much I L♥√ع d fruit.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by tomzman: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2013
uj_sizzle:
It's supposed to make you mentally alert and smarter in learning and not supply answers to exam questions.
You brain cannot access information you did not put in it
Come on Uju, do you think I don't know this. Besides, who goes for an exam without reading? I only wanted anyone with experience to share with us. Have you tried eating banana before an exam and did it make you more mentally alert?
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Elebiju: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2013
you dont need prof lakasegbe to advise u on that kinda banana,Bukola the kinda banana that grows on men is called penislasb dickbanana and is very good for the female body,it secrets a liquid substance known as spermatoza that freshens the female body and produces visible results after months.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by GentleMimi: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Na waaa oooo.people keep contradicting themselves.I read an article on weight loss and it was stated that one must keep away frm banana to maintain a weight-loss diet. I tire for this people. Anyhow sha,what shall seperate me from banana? Is it diet,weight loss? Whoosai! Nofin!
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by simplyamazing: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2013
s3nn2x:

If every topic hits front page, don't you think Nairaland would be boring?

That is why there are different sections.

The Topic is just too long.
It is long but very informative.try and read it.I'm pretty sure u will learn one or two things.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by UjSizzle(f): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2013
tomzman:
Come on Uju, do you think I don't know this. Besides, who goes for an exam without reading? I only wanted anyone with experience to share with us. Have you tried eating banana before an exam and did it make you more mentally alert?
Not before an exam, but i've noticed it does that. Maybe you can test it.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by TheLastNazgul(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You brain cannot access information you did not put in it.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by oladoya(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2013
Decryptor:

You are a stark ILLITERATE! Imagine you saying banana contains sugar! shocked Did you even go to school at all? Even if you did, your school fees is a total waste! Let me educate you...All sweet fruits contain natural sugars known as fructose which is a natural sugar that has 0% negative health effects unlike the conventional factory processed sugar. This is because fructose has a antioxidant
called phenol plus other fibres which is absent from added sugar! Added sugar lacks the multiple health promoting qualities of fruits provided by phenols, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

So please educate yourself very well before you come here to preach to us about banana increasing your diabetes (blood sugar) level. Unless it's Mr Biggs Ice-cream or any factory processed fruit juice like chivita that has banana flavour is what you take and that is different from natural banana.
you mean all fruits? Including ireke i mean sugar cane?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Got Myself A Bushmeat This Night... Come Join Me / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.