Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,462 members, 7,770,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:51 AM

25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas (48323 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2013
Take banana till you go yo
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by mcfynest(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2013
jenivie: You will never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and remasons to add them to your diet.

1. Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan,which is converted into serotonin -- the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.

2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.

3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.

4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.

5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation

6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.

7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.

8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

EATING BANANA AIDS DIGESTION

9. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.

10. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.

11. Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.

12. Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.

13. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.

14. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.

NATURAL CURES FROM A SIMPLE BANANA

15. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.

16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

17. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.

18. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.

19. Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.

20. Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.

21. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.

22. The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

23. Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal .

24. Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.

25. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.

Oh, and remember -- bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.

Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana!

Source Link: http://www.naturalnews.com/036771_bananas_digestion.html

ok
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2013
u want my goody bag? na banana dey for the goody bag grin#in da prince's voice#
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2013
vivacious vivi:

undecided undecided what on earth is this one yapping about?!

n who's this beach
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 19, 2013
okpara ugo:

wher are the moderators ?

Hehehehehehe..
How com Ure my Besty's namesake...
It's a Disgrace...
No Okpara Ugochukwu
can be lame as u angry
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by obidicollins(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2013
i really enjoy eating bananas but its too expensive angry
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rothans: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ booqee, that one u were talking about is also part of it. Intact its the best. Lolsssss naughty you.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rothans: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ booqee, that type of banana u were talking about is also part of it. Intact its the best. Lolsssss naughty you.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rothans: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ booqee, that type of banana u were talking about is also part of it. Intact its the best. Lolsssss naughty you.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rothans: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
booqee, that type of banana you were talking about is also part of it. Intact its the best. Lolsssss naughty you.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Vinsaint(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Shuo! i bin dey chop banana wen i wan sheet worms. Eat 2 babanas, drink 1 combantrin. Afta few hours. I sheet bunch of tape n hookworms. Now i know beta.

But wetin bi de disadvantages of bananas?
smiley grin
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by hydrocarbon(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
How come you say banana helps reduce weight,when experts say it helps to add weight...no confuse anybody here o...mtcheeeee

1 Like

Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Ennyhollar(f): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
Extom: Noted.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by donnie235: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is to inform the general poblic that so long awaited neco gce exam ids now around the corner,this Is for those of you who had one problem or the other in their waec result or who certainly registered for this nov/dec 2013 neco gce.
We hereby present a strong solution for you in this exam,kindly register with us to be eligible to receive the answers of any subject that you may be taken 30munites before the exam starts everyday.ths is real,youn can’t afford to ignore this.is there is nothing you youths and any young girl or boy should invest on ,I say it must be on your academics twhich is your future.kindly call this number on your screen 08138453719 08132273283 for more informstion.this is how it is been done:
When you register,your name and subjects will be stored,and you make your payment via mtn recharge card or into our bank account.doring the exams,30 minutes before the exam starts each day,you will receive it on your phone,both the theory and objectives.
This is real,we have been doung it for many years and will continue to put smile in the face of our young youths.hurry now before is too late and register.call our admin on 08138453719 08132273283 now to register you.thanks,its Friday again,eat and rest very well.happy weekend to you all.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by preshiblinks: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sllowppoisoon: 1 powerful reason not to eat banana... 'U will be classified as a Monkey'... D choice is urs grin grin

dats y we nigerians are bckward, sombody jst gav a nice post whch i knw in ur entire lyf u ve nt heard swallow ur pride nd follow stop writting rubbish
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by DJda63(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
booqee: pls c.um again.. Is it all types of banana?? I mean ALL TYPES?? As in ALL TYPES?? Apart from the ones grown on trees?? Cos there are other types grown on men. Are they healthy too?? Pls advise.. angry
In fact,that's the best type of banana
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by emmabest2000(m): 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
jenivie: You will never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and remasons to add them to your diet.

1. Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan,which is converted into serotonin -- the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.

2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.

3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.

4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.

5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation

6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.

7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.

8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

EATING BANANA AIDS DIGESTION

9. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.

10. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.

11. Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.

12. Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.

13. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.

14. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.

NATURAL CURES FROM A SIMPLE BANANA

15. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.

16. Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.

17. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.

18. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.

19. Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.

20. Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.

21. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.

22. The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

23. Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal .

24. Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.

25. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.

Oh, and remember -- bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.

Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana!

Source Link: http://www.naturalnews.com/036771_bananas_digestion.html
Very much interesting
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by sweetestboi(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Extom:
What on earth is this one saying
the truth"
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Rejoice5000(f): 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
@post are u a banana seller banana function all this in the body?? hahahahahahaha make i laugh abeg.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Dannylux: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
I no see where them write say im dey increase sperm count cheesy I'd take that to be a hearsaycheesycheesy
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Beync(f): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
I love bananas, it's one of my bestest, lol.

But Op bananas does not aid weight loss
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by zynzyn(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
So dat means Monkeys should be the healthiest animals abi?!
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Extom(m): 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
Rexsul: my frnd u beta biliv it or u continue 2b a 1 mins man on bed.
1 mins man on bed, lol. That goes a long way to show me who you are... Anyway, I'm straight(so I can't prove to you how long I can go) but your girl(that's if you even have one) can come around for a little experiment...
If her cat walk doesn't change, I'm not Alvin!!!!
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by satellitedaisy: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
Rexsul: 26. eatn lots of banana b4 sex makes u last longer in bed n gv u quality sperm.

It doesn't give quality sperm but enhances libido
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by t4dec(f): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
Tnx op,buh i also herd dat it causes lot of worms in ones stomach. Hw true is dat? I eat banana alot cos of my ulcer nd its my son's fav. wink
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by PTAwal: 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
Noted.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by angelfelix(f): 12:20am On Oct 20, 2013
Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6. What I kn abt banana is dat it makes u gain weight now am confuse dn't kn which 2 belive
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Ignatio:

The popular street belief.

Nahh it isn't a street belief.It does increase the quantity and consistency(which people at times want to attribute with Sem.men quality). Though people have added some "salt and pepper" to the facts, making the story a little bit more exaggerated.It doesn't prolong ejac.ulation or cure premature ejacula.tion as some guys would want to or make others believe.
Initially the thought was that it( the increase in s.emen quantity and consistency)had to be Banana and Groundnuts eaten the usual Nigerian Style. However some guys have noticed eating just bananas works the same.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Sike(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2013
No wonder ladies Love Bananas. wink
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by darelar(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2013
nice one from the OP. i think the issue of banana being sex booster is becoming reality because i have had it saveral times from friends and even read it on net.
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by dasparrow: 8:09am On Oct 20, 2013
@Post

I guess I should go back to eating bananas once a while. I can't remember the last time I had a banana and I was not even aware that eating bananas provided so many health benefits. Nice one OP!
Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by Alamation(m): 9:53am On Oct 20, 2013
Taking sides with Da Prince: chop banana till you go yo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Got Myself A Bushmeat This Night... Come Join Me / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.