Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail (6629 Views)

What Are The Issues With Nissan Pathfinder 2003 Model / What Are The Issues With Golf 4 / Nissan X Trail Vs Toyota Rav 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by wwwkaycom(m): 12:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Friends and Gurus in the house, Barka de sallah to you all. I like to know why this SUV or cross-over SUV, Nissan X-Trail is not so popular in Nigeria. I discovered that apart from Lagos where you see some, not so many though, one hardly see it in some other parts of the country. Is it because of any issue that is peculiar to it? Atimes when you see it on sale, it comes with what I consider as "low" prices. A woman who claimed to have used hers in Germany and later shipped it for her use in Nigeria is about selling it off to my younger brother to "raise some money" according to her. I test drove it and whao, it was smooth, very clean and beautiful, with a 2.0 I4 engine, I love it. I was actually expecting this woman to be talking of about #1.2M but surprisingly, her asking price was #900k. From the look of things, she is likely going to do #700k or even less. We fix another meeting for Friday when my brother would have gathered the money together. My brother doesn't know much about cars even though he has driven an official car, a Toyota Corolla for two years, he is very meticulous in handling things, he also would not mind buying spare parts from Lagos because I told him he wont find the parts in Ondo/Ekiti where he lives. He is willing to abide by my decision on whether to buy or not to buy. Kindly tell me my people if there are issues with this car, even though I will still ask a mechanic friend who works for Brisco Motors to check it for me. The model is 2002. Thanks and God bless....
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by joa2013: 1:00am On Oct 17, 2013
Find out if its not a converted rightee, X-trail is not that cheap. Be sure its truly from Germany. Nevertheless, X-trail is a cool car, just like a Primera or Altima. Only that its SUV. The manual trans is superb, the wife of my boss whom I consider to be a rough rider is been using one for more than two years now yet no issues. I have driven it on a number of times. I also have an uncle who drives it in Ado-Ekiti, he once told me that he buys the parts from Ladipo, Lagos since he couldn't source it in Ondo/Ekiti axis. Not a bad buy if you check it and its ok.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by sultaan(m): 6:06am On Oct 17, 2013
X-Trail is made for other markets outside US the small engine is underpowered, so they have the Xterra and Rogue.

If you like it and can afford it buy it.

You can post the vin for people to check on it, if you wait too long or under price too someone else might just pick it up

1 Like

Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by solace2013: 8:05am On Oct 17, 2013
Xtrail is not bad at all, I dont know much about the technicality of cars but I have been driving mine since 2010 March. No issues till date. Electrical components more complex than toyota Rav4 old model, apart from that they are in the same category. Parts are plenty in Lagos, N700k is not low for a used one now or hasn't the woman used it in Nigeria? I bought mine as Niger used from a pastor who bought it brand new. My man, its a good buy, go for it if you confirm its good. Xtrail is not popular in naija becos it is not used in USA. You know our "American spec" mentality now.....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by nissparts(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2013
Some parts will be difficult to reach.
E.g ECU (Brain-box)
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by solace2013: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2013
nissparts: Some parts will be difficult to reach.
E.g ECU (Brain-box)
What do you mean sir, can you elaborate? I haven't had any ECU problem with mine though, all I have been doing is regular change of oil, brake pads, tyres etc.
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by nissparts(m): 9:14am On Oct 17, 2013
If you have an issue with the ECU, finding a replacement will be difficult.
The replacement also has to be the exact same as the previous especially with the fairly newer models.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by wwwkaycom(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
nissparts: If you have an issue with the ECU, finding a replacement will be difficult.
The replacement also has to be the exact same as the previous especially with the fairly newer models.
Thank you Nissparts, please, apart from ECU, what are the other things I should look out for in properly advising my brother as regards this vehicle.
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by nissparts(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
If there are no obvious electrical problems and no engine whine, it's worth a shot.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by donsteto(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls can I get d contact for d car. I want to buy it
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by wwwkaycom(m): 4:03am On Oct 20, 2013
The woman changed her mind, her cousin, a captain in the army discouraged her from selling the car to us because he has interest too. What a beautiful car it was. Search for an affordable and fuel economical mid-size SUV continues. Thank you all.
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by solace2013: 4:30am On Oct 25, 2013
wwwkaycom:
The woman changed her mind, her cousin, a captain in the army discouraged her from selling the car to us because he has interest too. What a beautiful car it was. Search for an affordable and fuel economical mid-size SUV continues. Thank you all.
you didn't act on time therefore giving opportunity to the soldierman to work on her sister to your disadvantage. next time, raise money quickly and get the car off her before anyone could work on her. Let me have your email or phone number so that I can contact you incase a lady I know in Abeokuta finally makes up her mind to fling hers, she recently upgraded to MDX.
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by mayegun2016(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2020
Good morning NL,

Please what's the least I can get a Nissan X-Trail "06 Nigerian use?
Re: What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail by Kayharry(m): 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2020

(1) (Reply)

DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch / Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks / Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.