Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

What Are The Issues With Golf 4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Issues With Golf 4 (11584 Views)

What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail / Pls. Help,with Golf 4 / Issues With Golf 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Issues With Golf 4 by jerk: 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
I noticed that the price of volkswagen golf 4 is coming down so fast and lots of previous owners are selling theirs at a ridiculous prices. When compare wt its predecessor golf 3 u wl notice that the former is even increasing in price and demand.
What might be the reason for this,i need someone to educate me cuz am planning of getting one.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Issues With Golf 4 by chidyke77(m): 7:05am On Aug 16, 2013
I dnt knw much abt the car bt i observed wat u said concerning the car,i think there must be à very serious issues wt the car in question. The other day i saw à very neat one beside my street packed for sale and the owner is selling at à very cheap price,i was initially tempted to pay for it bt later declined.
Re: What Are The Issues With Golf 4 by roosebolton: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
chidyke77: I dnt knw much abt the car bt i observed wat u said concerning the car,i think there must be à very serious issues wt the car in question. The other day i saw à very neat one beside my street packed for sale and the owner is selling at à very cheap price,i was initially tempted to pay for it bt later declined.
I am yet to hear one good thing said about the car by people who have either used it or know someone who has. many complained about serious electrical and gear issues. I really love the ride but the general reputation about it is what kept me off it.
Re: What Are The Issues With Golf 4 by lexxycool: 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
I fink I hv heard many of ma friends sayn Ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ά̲̣̥†̥̥ it alwys haz electrical issues n d gear issues too..d gear box Ȋ̝̊̅§ also xpensive...well its a byc car luking frm outside bt I don't fancy it cos its kind of small Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̥̅ƹ
Re: What Are The Issues With Golf 4 by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2013
What is the current price range of golf 4? Anybody please......
Re: What Are The Issues With Golf 4 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
The problematic VW golf IVs are usually the 1.8Ts and 2.0s equipped with automatic transmissions. My friend has been using a Mk4 1.6L (german assemblied) , paired with a 5spd manual transmission. the car has been a daily driver for a yr plus and has about 147,000 kilometers on the odometer. apart from routine servicing, the only problems that came up ;
1. rear shocks had to be changed once thanks to the lousy roads,
2. the bottom plate of the engine broke twice (first incident occurred after the car ran into a ditch at night, the damage was detected immediately and the vehicle was towed later on and fixed, the 2nd incident happened on a rainy night after the vehicle hit a metal object... and was towed again & fixed).
3. rear bushings had to be replaced, thanx once again to the lousy roads.

Mk4s for the north american market were assemblied in mexico and have crappy build quality, they are best avoided.most euro market variants were german built and are way better. the ground clearance of the vehicle is annoying, its too low for challenging road conditions.
The MK4 can't stand frequent abuse like the Mk3, thats why the MK3 is preferred by taxi operators.. besides, the parts of the MK3 are cheaper.
The build quality of the MK4 interior is legendary,its better than that of its successor, the MK5.

(1) (Reply)

Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment / This, This Or This / Track And Secure Your Vehicle. Get A Comprehensive History Of Your Vehicle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.