Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? (17046 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
1. What ever brings in the pay cheque.

2. Whatever makes them sleep at night.

3. Whatever appeal to their fans.

It's been over a decade since I watched a Nollywood movie.

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by LCASHMAN(m): 11:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS NOBODY AUDITIONS FOR MOVIES ANYMORE. AS LONG AS U OPEN LEG , U GET THE PART THATS WHY U HAVE SO MANY PATHETIC SO CALLED ACTRESSES. THEY ARE SO PATHETIC THAT I DONT WATCH NOLLYWOOD MOVIE AT ALL JUST LIKE IT WAS PATHETIC WATCHING TAHITI ( SOCCER TEAM) IN THE JUST CONCLUDED CONFED CUP.
NOLLYWOOD SECOND IN THE WORLD MY A$$, NO IMPROVEMENT WATSOEVER NO STUNTS, NO ACTION, NO GENRE AT ALL. JUST SHOUTING ACTION AND ROLLING CAMAERAS. DAMN MY APPETITE IS RUINED JUST NOW. #LONG SIGH#

2 Likes

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Wonderchild: 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
edge2: I quiet agree with bankybrown

As in quite!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by mazizitonene(m): 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Its called comedy!.....u guys ha8n shud geht enlightened
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by teenuel: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
dridowu: There is a common saying which i believe " the young shall grow " if d adult continue to play the role of children , then when will the young now grow into adult. In this case i am against any adult that play the role of a children

i am against any adult that play the role of a children, hmm iko mbakara aya ubung mbang
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Originalsly: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yes they should...... aren't most of them children? ...they think like kids act like kids throw tantrum like kids dress like kids use kid slangs and are just as childish as kids....so why can't they act as kids?....ehmmm...except for their big beat up bodies? Did they pave the way for the young to follow?...or to hog the spotlight as long as they have breath? The circus must go on.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by narmani: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Trendy247: ASK EMEKA IKE, TONTO DECAY AND CO
tonto DECAY? Lol!!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by harsysky(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
I think nigerian kids wnt put that enthusiasm in d movie..the challenge here is tis more often in naija films and tis becoming way too bored..
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by macof(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
Trendy247: ASK EMEKA IKE, TONTO DECAY AND CO
Toto decay grin
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by macof(m): 12:01am On Oct 18, 2013
My favorite Hollywood youngsters started off as kids and were perfect in their movies and Tv shows

Kristen Stewart
Selena Gomez
Hannah Kendrick
Kiki Palmer
Shailene Woodley
China Parks(still a kid)
Miranda Cosgrove
Nathan Kress
Joe Jonas
Jaden Smith(still a kid)
Tyler James Williams
Taylor Laurtner
Tyler Posey

Why can't we Nigerians groom our young? honestly it's the best thing to do

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Rastamann: 6:01am On Oct 18, 2013
Hell, NO! Train the kids and let them do it the kid;s way.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by nairamaniac: 6:09am On Oct 18, 2013
Greetings my fellow naira landers. This is my 1st day as a nairaland member. Iv however been following u all for over 2years now. I must confess. This site is filled with the craziest and intelligent people in this country. So let's just say I'm officially a nairaland-virgin, so all the babes here can dis-v me from my front and guys from my back. I love you all. Seun, u are d best. Well, on this topic that attracted my innitiation, I think its wrong for these old people to play children's role, for its not even funny in the first place. Its more or ridiculous&stupid. A lot of nigerians mistake stupidity for comedy. Comedy to me is an art. It should be creative and not spontaneously-ridiculous. If u ended up laffing becos nkem owoh or merci johnson looked funny in school uniforms as pupils, then it wasn't the movie or their roles that was funny. It was the awkwardness of their characters that motivated ur lafter. Hence nollywood should be given a nobel peace-prize for adding/inventing one more genre to movie-industry: "ridiculousity". We now have "action, horror, adventure, suspense, thriller, comedy & ridiculousity as movie genres".

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by chinwekzy(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2013
nedu2000: Isn't it suppose to be a comedy?!!adults acting as pupils is funny if you ask me.....I disagree with the Brown dude

Comedy my foot. where did you ever hear that only when adults act a film, is it called a comedy? Admit it, Nollywood is backwards. even the actors and actresses agrees to these roles, dont they know it makes them look stupid?
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by slimmygold1(f): 6:41am On Oct 18, 2013
you that is creating dis thread,wen will u stop amebo work eh,those pple are acting comedi movie collecting their money and u are here gossiping them.your mate is out there makin a cold cash everyday n you instead of lookin for wat to do,u r amebo witout money.i pity u serious
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by jayAjoku(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2013
.the fact is nigerian movie industry doesnt have trained kid actors and teenage actors and they dont want to invest in such, they are just dumb people running the industry they are not innovative like hollywood
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by francisbiz: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2013
webdezzi: that's brown's naive opinion.

so Ini is supposed to tell the producer, "take your money away and recruit school 'shidren'"?
he's just hating jo!
Same way you cant resist BRIBE-MONEY!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by francisbiz: 7:22am On Oct 18, 2013
slimmy gold: you that is creating dis thread,wen will u stop amebo work eh,those pple are acting comedi movie collecting their money and u are here gossiping them.your mate is out there makin a cold cash everyday n you instead of lookin for wat to do,u r amebo witout money.i pity u serious
Just the way gossip when politicians take our money!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by ebode(m): 7:27am On Oct 18, 2013
am not sure u undastud dis movie, because of too much nolly plank shows. I dont call em movies.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by ebode(m): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2013
wat happens to grooming of young talents. This is the same reason nigerian politics is gabage. The same faces every year. undecided
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by stevewale(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2013
shocked I'm so surprise people still see nollywood movies with all their senseless story lines... Either acting as an adult or a kid, they're all full of shit ... I can't imagine sitting my ass down and wasting my precious 1 and halff hour seeing Nigerian film
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by chucky234(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2013
fuckluv: It's not funny jor

But which one be yabaleftonline.com again
Thats where insane people and insane news reside.
LMAO

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by winteriscoming: 8:07am On Oct 18, 2013
smh at all those people saying because it's comedy it's alright. To each his own I guess. what I. want to bring out is hasn't this storyline been done to death. their are probably about 100 movies in the last decade with this storyline. shey story writer Don finish.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by francisbiz: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2013
The tread did not actually give readers and critiques the guide to make reasonable impute.
He talked about casting adults for child-roles, at same exemplifying with screen images that are from comedy movies.
In comedy you can manipulate your casting, script etc. in any style just to crack the ribs of your viewers or make your movie hilarious. You can use an adult for a child-role or the reverse way, it doesn't matter much.
But if he actually meant an adult playing a child-role in genres other than comedy, he actually has a point whether you like it or not.
A 50year old man or woman playing the role of a secondary school child sometimes could just spoil the whole movie, especially when the look and stature of the actor are so "un-makeup-able".
With an added stress they can search for and cast kids for their role. they are in many schools and are ready to learn. If you believe we don't have talented child-actors, then you believe the end of nollywood is near. But I don't believe so.
Nollywood need to be more professional to sustain the industry.
We will get there!!!!!!!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by omar22(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2013
fckyourman: Why not, is not a comedy movie ?

If they cast children in the movie, it wouldn't be a comedy movie then.

for example the movie LITTLEMAN American hollywood blockbuster, the actor was cast to play a children role to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man_(2006_film)

You Nigerians are the worst set of hypocrites on earth.

I dont know what you are trying to prove but the Movie title says Little MAN not LIttle CHILD.... The actor played the role of a Dwarf who pretended to be a boy...

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by omar22(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2013
If you train them they will get better Ana Paquine won an Oscar as a Nine years for her role in the Piano, but Nollywood will use 40+ yrs Kate Henshaw to play the role of an 18 years old

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by deeoneX(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2013
I somehow agree with bankybrown. Seriously, it shouldn't be this actors and actresses we see over and over again. But this is Nigeria.. Hardly is anyone ever content even our "ogas at the top". Those movies might even seem funnier if a kid 4rm warri plays that role. Anyway...nollywood, ain't their fan though.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by macof(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2013
omar22:

I dont know what you are trying to prove but the Movie title says Little MAN not LIttle CHILD.... The actor played the role of a Dwarf who pretended to be a boy...
Don't mind the foolish illiterate, coming here to comment as if.he has anything in his brain
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Prettymimic: 9:09am On Oct 18, 2013
The truth is that, apart from the comedy aspect, they still do the same thing;using an adult to play the role of a school kid/teen. How many high school movies do we really have in nollywood? Banybrown has a point
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2013
fckyourman: Why not, is not a comedy movie ?

If they cast children in the movie, it wouldn't be a comedy movie then.

for example the movie LITTLEMAN American hollywood blockbuster, the actor was cast to play a children role to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man_(2006_film)

You Nigerians are the worst set of
hypocrites on earth.

Dude am nt sure you watched that film, the script is entirely different from wat ur so called nollywood actors/actresses are acting. How can grown ups b acting kid roles, y nt give the kids the chance to act, hw many kids do u c in nollywood movies? mtcheeew!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 18, 2013
In my opinion it's just dumb.....and looks toonridiculous... Find a look alike... Huh den some of me can rock it though. Genevieve is one dat can rock a teenager without breaking a sweat... D others,,,,Naa!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House / BBNaija: No One Was Evicted, What Happened Was A "Fake" Eviction / Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.