Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,829 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

What Has Nairaland Taught You? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (10002 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Dewze(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
Eze Promoe: Nairaland have given me a bad blood towards people of other tribes, Westwards and Northwards.
I remember that before I started using NL, I made friends with many Northerners and Westerners. Even my GF was from Lagos but no thanks to Nairaland sad
See me now cry

Not proud of this new lifestyle.

Can't believe I voted Ngige against Obi and Akunyili during the last gubernatorial and senatorial elections respectively but now I hate him with all my heart and all my soul, ONLY BECAUSE OF NAIRALAND!

Let's not go there now sad

you changed your views because of your ideological weakness and not because of NL.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by whatofyou: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
I no know say holding phone dey sweet till I land for nairaland. I don't want to imagine how boring some times for be without nairaland! Na pot of knowledge she be. Sometimes you go dey laugh like person wey get laughingitis, other times you go feel like reaching out your hand and slapping some members.
Nairaland, imeela. Jisienu ike.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Oluwatola5(f): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
And like seriously, this is the first time am getting to know about the tribalism issue between the Yorubas and the Igbos on NL. Am still wondering where it actually takes place.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
homesteady: Nairaland has taught me that even mentally disabled people can use the internet #Shout out to Musiwa and Andyblaze grin

Hehehehehehe, actually, its the whole musiwa clan

@topic, NL has helped me reduce my dependence on local dailies for news. She has also made me understand the "Nigerian mind" better!

Oh! NL is the most informative forum ever!
Topics range from how-to-keep-a-joystick-clean to very serious and informative ones.

Long live Nairaland!!!

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Oahray: 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Oluwatola5: And like seriously, this is the first time am getting to know about the tribalism issue between the Yorubas and the Igbos on NL. Am still wondering where it actually takes place.
smh. Learner with a big 'L'.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ravensckar(m): 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Space booked. Brb to comment...
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL has made me smarter dan several people i knw now,cos b4 i knew nuffin cos i hardly go outside,but nl don open my eye now oo,i can ignore shit now and also learnt more cooking skills,and it has also made me know am creative,cos i have lots of ideas now on various aspects of life dat even people ask me how i knew dat.....and i simply smile and nod neva mind
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
Abu Mikey: ..
I wrote this sometime around JULY 2013

out of all tins u could've said bout mwah u choose to say "I like to play"

Smh angry
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by fabulousdame(f): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
that i shud never ask for serious advice on nl especially d ones concerning relationships...

that majority of nigerians do not really like people from d east..

dat if u cant win an argument, u shud correct their grammar instead

dat a good number of mentally disabled people use d internet..

that u can still get to know nice people like jbluv55, moonraker, mayten30

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Johnsinia(m): 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
There are many good things to be learnt from nairaland as well as many bad things. But it depends on what you what to make of yourself. As for me, i only look at the good things and learn from them, things like: acquiring good techniques of reading and writing, developing my dictions, writing good comprehensions, developing my thinking faculty, getting references, respecting other peoples views, opinions and arguments eventhough they are wrong thats what makes you a better argumentator, respecting other peoples believes, faith, religions and ethnicity, giving respect to whom respect is due to, etc.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by AbuMikey(m): 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
nadia_SA: out of all tins u could've said bout mwah u choose to say "I like to play"

Smh angry

How far na grin

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Sweetapple007(f): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
It baffles me seeing the way guy attack girls on niraland esp money issue,

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Abu Mikey:

How far na grin

I dey oo .
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ikekings1: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Before I joined nairaland I see naija ladies as trash, bunch of parasites looking for whom to suck dry.. The ladies on nairaland made me believe that dia are still good girls out there...

The bad tin nairaland taught me was how to patronise runz girls (thanks to born2fuck, yeye and co).. Dis guys made me believe that runz girls are fuckable and sweet and today here I am moving the ministry to the permanent site... grin grin grin
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Oluwatola5(f): 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
Oahray: smh. Learner with a big 'L'.
Oh, am sure it is better than being tagged a criminal with a big 'C'. I can live with it.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
DICKtator:

Have you ever been to European disco clubs?

Do you know that in most parts of Nigeria,Public affection shown by couples is still viewed with disgust?

And you,right here, be talking bout moral decadence in the Nigerian society?

Is that some final year dissertation you working on or what?

undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin

What i meant was that moral decadence was originally not an African thing, but our desire to be like the Europeans has eroded our cultural values.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by eazzzy1(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ella2136(f): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Not yet
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
That its Good to be Good
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Most introverts deep down inside are batsh't crazy.

NL is a witness.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Oluwatola5(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
eazzzy1:

Politics section,just open the ethnicity,racial and seccessionist thread! Its not funny mehn
Okay, thanks for being very cultured to answer me without snits or snorts. It shows reputable people are still on Nairaland.....#thumbs up for you dearie smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
That God might not really be a real being!!
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by mkoabiola: 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
Learnt hw to compopse articulate error free English composition.
Av met frndly guys while we stil transact.
So many
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Jbluv55(m): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
donroxy: Versatility, I feel like I have Nigeria in my hand via sharing resources with various minds while learning and teaching @ the same-time

Tolerance as 70percent of users here are distressed therefore, u never know the next handle that might unleashed madness on you, U gatto be prepared !!!

Articulate ... With sane/Insane discussions on Nairaland, I have been exposed to divergent views and how to prepare my attack/defence schemes !!!

Brain-Booster, Nairaland teaches me how to keep querying my head in responding to different views, this is a good exercise for brain and keep it well-functional and active !!!

Research .... Nairaland has developed me to diversify into certain knowledges I might not have ordinarily branched into .....via discussions and unravelling of new-knowledges which I never knew despite my acclaimed versatility .... Nairaland has challenged me to research !!!

Maturity yo know, If U endure some Mad Nairalanders, one should be able to withstand any Nigerian out there on the street .... Some people are just crazy here ....... !!!

May God Bless Seun Osewa for this platform that keeps mind sane and Healthy !!!
cool.
One of the things I learnt is to quote n like sensible posts like this one.smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by SONFGOD12: 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well..for me the list is endless but i'l say a few...if i wnt to get original information abt anything i mean anything nl is d answer,if u want to laugh at grown up foolishing themselives here is a place to be,if i want to learn new words this is were i come..u can neva go wrong with narialand

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by SONFGOD12: 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well..for me the list is endless but i'l say a few...if i wnt to get original information abt anything i mean anything nl is d answer,if u want to laugh at grown ups foolishing themselives here is a place to be,if i want to learn new words this is were i come..u can neva go wrong with narialand
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Jbluv55(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
ecolime: It made me realise that the government really needs to expand and build more psychiatric hospitals. So many crazy peeps on this site, I tell ya.
It has taught me to look out for posts like this that will make even my unborn children laugh.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
So many things,
Nairaland is my second home,
A place where great people reside.
A job well done to Uncle seun!
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Jbluv55(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
kaeto: That yorubas are hypocrites, they make the loudest of noise, they are uncomfortable with Igbos, they lick hausa anu.s, they rely on government for survival, they are afraid of their future and that of their kids..

To tolerate this kind of posts above and forgive the poster immediately like Jesus said on the cross:

Jesus Christ: Father, forgive them for they know not what they do(say)
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by 0monnakoda: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
I have learnt to tolerate Sinedu and Sidima whilst Ignoring Ooshay's nose
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Classcaptain1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ethnic Bigotry grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wetin u dey find, wey no dey nairaland? Just name it!
Highly intellect people? Bad belle?
Hot information? Professors? Morons? Tomorrow's leaders? Just name it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Area View Of Ring Road, Benin City / Meet The Youngest Lawyer In Anambra State Nigeria - Photos / Which Market Is The Biggest Market In West Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.