Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. (42975 Views)

MOUAU Students Chat Thread (let's Meet Here Great Umudyks) / Federal University Of Technology Akure Students Chat Room / University of Calabar(UNICAL) students' chat room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by chiboy429(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2013
Danhumprey: No! Not Economics Education. But would that be a better choice?

mayb go 2ru courses in social sciences that do not require math and chose for urself or the person make d choice . I think that wud b a gud begining
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by dabrake(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
Danhumprey: Thanks. I will suggest those courses to him. Please,anymore more courses that can accept that O'level result?
She got her Mathematics paper before switching into LAW so LAW is out of the equation for now.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Fellycutie(f): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
dabrake:
He should try Theatre arts. My sister was accepted with a D7 during the 2009/2010 academic year before swapping for LAW the next session. I think you should give the art related field try. I think TA will still consider him
she swapped from theatre arts to law? Was it dat easy? I learnt its very difficult 2 do dat in uniuyo nd d chances are very slim.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by NnamdiN: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Una too serious for this thread sha.
I've got a friend in cali(calabar) and She's not really feeling the town. I heard this year's carnival is phucked up. Can anyone suggest very cool places in cali ?
Ehm pretty wild places with a lotta flexing and shaking body (but not violent o) wink
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by duruiyke(m): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
I applied for chemical engineering and was admitted to study that according to the admission list but when i checked my admission status on the jamb website,it told me dat i have been admitted into uniuyo to study "agric engineering".i checked some others admited into d dept of chem.engr and jamb said its agric engnr.wats dat?
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by dabrake(m): 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fellycutie: she swapped from theatre arts to law? Was it dat easy? I learnt its very difficult 2 do dat in uniuyo nd d chances are very slim.
She wrote JAMB again and had admission to study LAW. I'm sorry for the use of grammar there.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by senrino(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
hustler anthem: then na wetin i come b? abi make i call myself jambite? mushi

Bros u stil b jambite til afta ur matric..tk am easy
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
Danhumprey: Thanks. I will suggest those courses to him. Please,anymore more courses that can accept that O'level result?
CORRECTION: Pls forget about law. Literature-in-English is a pre-requisite for an LLB program and that person does not seem to have it. Consider other options.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by dabrake(m): 12:56am On Dec 21, 2013
duruiyke: I applied for chemical engineering and was admitted to study that according to the admission list but when i checked my admission status on the jamb website,it told me dat i have been admitted into uniuyo to study "agric engineering".i checked some others admited into d dept of chem.engr and jamb said its agric engnr.wats dat?

Dude, this one don pass my power oh.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by chiboy429(m): 5:50am On Dec 21, 2013
@duruiyke go to student Affairs and lay the complain the man there will candidly help u out without hesitation just approach him with a fair candidness
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Ekhemini(m): 7:58am On Dec 21, 2013
duruiyke: I applied for chemical engineering and was admitted to study that according to the admission list but when i checked my admission status on the jamb website,it told me dat i have been admitted into uniuyo to study "agric engineering".i checked some others admited into d dept of chem.engr and jamb said its agric engnr.wats dat?
Send an email 2 jamb
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Emmy9ite(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2013
Jamb admission for me is not useful, you won't even use their admission letter for registration. It's a mistake from them, no fear!
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by jeremiah771(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
A senior lecturer in faculty of enviromental study, told me that our exam is ready,a week after resumption, we will be finding ourselves in exam hall,they are waiting for us to come back b4 pasting the exam time. table
RESUMPTION DATE 06-01-14
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by chiboy429(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2013
@jeremiah,that is mathematically inconceivable,what was the lecturer's mode when you spoke with him. What did you learn b4 the protest .,a semester that barely commenced and they want to give exams . They are joking !
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by NnamdiN: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2013
chiboy429: @jeremiah,that is mathematically inconceivable,what was the lecturer's mode when you spoke with him. What did you learn b4 the protest .,a semester that barely commenced and they want to give exams . They are joking !
lecturers not teachers. You have your course outline and it is expected that you study on your own. Technically, you have had more than enough period (almost 6 months) to have mastered everything in your course outline grin
I don't think the exams would hold a week after resumption but trust me it's very possible.
I once had a lecturer that came to class about 3/4 times before he got sick and never came back to school (alive). We only had one/two weeks of lectures from him. Guess what ? We wrote the exam set by another lecturer of the same course wink no carry uniuyo play.
This second semester would probably last for a month. Watch out
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by senrino(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
jeremiah771: A senior lecturer in faculty of enviromental study, told me that our exam is ready,a week after resumption, we will be finding ourselves in exam hall,they are waiting for us to come back b4 pasting the exam time. table
RESUMPTION DATE 06-01-14

U sure?
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by chiboy429(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
NnamdiN: lecturers not teachers. You have your course outline and it is expected that you study on your own. Technically, you have had more than enough period (almost 6 months) to have mastered everything in your course outline grin
I don't think the exams would hold a week after resumption but trust me it's very possible.
I once had a lecturer that came to class about 3/4 times before he got sick and never came back to school (alive). We only had one/two weeks of lectures from him. Guess what ? We wrote the exam set by another lecturer of the same course wink no carry uniuyo play.
This second semester would probably last for a month. Watch out

the above scenario you have painted is absolutely different from the one that occured on june12. Consideration must be given, i am fully convinced that the semester will be short but not 2 short compared to what you are positing.

Mma Ekpo should be carefull this time around . This is not a warning but an advice.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by NnamdiN: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
chiboy429:

the above scenario you have painted is absolutely different from the one that occured on june12. Consideration must be given, i am fully convinced that the semester will be short but not 2 short compared to what you are positing.

Mma Ekpo should be carefull this time around . This is not a warning but an advice.
lol mma ekpo aint on nairaland. You will say I told you so. I've witnessed 3 ASUU strikes grin they always rush when they resume
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by chiboy429(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
NnamdiN: lol mma ekpo aint on nairaland. You will say I told you so. I've witnessed 3 ASUU strikes grin they always rush when they resume

lol am sending the advice through supersonic zoom across to her.

Yh i know lykwise here ,i av witnesd same and there wont be time at such. But the grace is there,the love is there.
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 23, 2013
complements of the season!

pls I really need to know, how does one get his/her admission letter, is it from Jamb or from uniuyo...
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2013
bn away 4somtym ...wt did ambassadors kp 4me

senrino:

Noo wahala we go see 4 HIS 221....hahahah
Una dey mk out abi ...no wahala #HOD go hear#
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2013
Swit up: erm..., swithrt, i 4gt to indicate that followin me is optional.... That is if u're interested

lol ...damn following, wonna meet ya wen we resume
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2013
Allen kee: SO NOBODY FIT TELL US (FRESHERS) THE LIKELY AMOUNT WE NEED TO BUDGET TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING FOR THIS ENTRY LEVEL?

like 50somtin k 4d session #just tuition fee o#
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2013
hustler anthem: No mind althese people wey dey ahead.dem no dey fit answer questions or even give us freshers hope.them go just quiet.na only girls number dem dey hustle for this thread..mofos

tah
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 23, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
omo u neva even do screening first first, talk less of registeration, not to talk of matriculation-- u dey begin call urself fresher! U know who be fresher or wetin be fresher?

omo see finishing #...na jambito#
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2013
hustler anthem: then na wetin i come b? abi make i call myself jambite? mushi

u r being unneccesarily rude. A fresher is a first year student. If u r a fresher wt wil we call those currently in 100l ? chlorophyls ?

u r a jambite til u r screened k. Nt tryn 2abuse u though bt I think u must b high on dusting powder 2b so rude !

1 Like

Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 23, 2013
Allen kee:
Thanks.
When you say School fees what do you mean?
You mean hostel accomodation, acceptance fee, and other sundry expenses are not included in the 60k?

just tuition
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Allen kee:
But last year school fee alone was between 36,000 and 38,000 depending on course, how come it is now between 50,000 and 60,000?
I know this is not real!

dat ws for ONLY first semester 50,000 - 60,000 is for the session, dats first & second semester
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2013
dabrake:
He should try Theatre arts. My sister was accepted with a D7 during the 2009/2010 academic year before swapping for LAW the next session. I think you should give the art related field try. I think TA will still consider him

theatre arts needs a C in literature

funno if he'll b accepted in geography n regional planning without a C in maths ...ma opinion though
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2013
dabrake:

theatre arts needs a C in literature

dunno if he'll b accepted in geography n regional planning without a C in maths ...ma opinion though
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=Danhumprey]Please,you guys should help me advise a friend. He is thinking of studying Economics with the following score in his O'level:
-Economics = A1
-Geography = B2
-English Language = B3
-Commerce = C5
-C.R.K = B3
-Government = B3
-Mathematics = E8

He took G.C.E to make up for his poor O'level and the above was his score. He is wondering whether he can proceed to study Economics with that O'level result. Otherwise,you guys should help him suggest a course that can accept that O

ma dear its difficult bt wil try 2check out in the arts faculty

history & int'l studies ... a C in govt or history

communication arts ...at least a D in maths

linguistics, english lang and theatre arts ...a C in literature

foreign languages wil reqire him/her 2get a certificate in fresh, even if its 4rm centre for french studies in housing estate or diploma or C in french...anything at all to show u have a french foundation

dnt rili knw abt philosophy, religious & cultural studies and music ...will check more abt dat later

In faculty of educatn av bn hearn of guidance and counselling, dunno hw gud it is n its requirements

I think he will b accepted in educational foundations and geography education ...like I said earlier , I still need 2check things out.

PS ...rule out law, without literature he goes nowhere
Re: University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2013
^anyone in religious and cultural studies should please check this out for him ...I think he might be accepted over there ...best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply)

Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / Photos: CGPA Trending On Twitter / University Of Limpopo Students Walkout Of Exam Hall Over Difficult Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.