Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Do I Stop Believing In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do I Stop Believing In Nigeria (399 Views)

Please How Can I Stop Receiving MTN Learn English Unsolicited Message.... Help / What I Went Through For Believing We Could Defeat PDP – TINUBU / Is Peter Obi Not Believing In The Igbo-party Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Stop Believing In Nigeria by emeka94(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Am confused about which section to post this, so am going to dump it here.

Recently, the area I live in Aba have seen an increase in robbery. Residents of my area are mostly treaders and low income earners. Everybody are in utter fear of this criminal who are said to number up to 20. We tried calling the police and the army but they came for a day and that was it.
Before now I had believed that our country Nigeria was worth hoping in. That the future will be better but it seems that nothing will change. We pay all type of tax in this city from sanitation to environmental/infrastructure but yet nothing happens. No change. None at all. Citizens are afraid to open their doors again in their fathers land. What hope do we have again?
For the security services to come and do their job means that you must pay them extra cash even though it is their job to secure lives and properties of Nigerians.
ASUU is on strike.... No one cares
Flood is washing away people and property.... Mtcheew none of our business
People are dieing from bomb blast and violence.... Thank God my family is abroad
Put head for main road and die.... How much Is in my foreign accounts. 2015 things
They don't care about us. They fill us with useless sensation about how much they care for nigerians and how wrong the ruling party is for the nation but they had once ruled us and did nothing to better our lives.
They call us the future of tomorrow but they refuse to help us. To build schools for us or at least make us proud enough to defend nigeria. Their quest for power is insatiable and I wonder are we the youth the future of tomorrow since all this our leaders refuse to give space for younger and fresh brains.
Am confused and sad right now. Really is there any hope for us with little or no connection, influence or wealth? Should I start disbelieving in this union of "unlikelys" called nigeria? Or shall I remain a member of the statistic- over 200 million citizen- because no body cares. No body

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Secures U.N. Non-permanent Seat / Bullet Proof Cars : Stake Holders And Civil Society Demand Investigation. / Kidnappers Of President’s Aide’s Sister Demand N500m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.