Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454996 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
olaniyisal: How much does it cost to register for GMAT?

How can i do the register

No idea sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
@square65 thank you for your comment. I studied Agric Econs in Oau. Moreover his question was " who is paying for your ticket?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
jaskinbo: @square65 thank you for your comment. I studied Agric Econs in Oau. Moreover his question was " who is paying for your ticket?

It also means your sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by scobbyy2k3: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please, I recently book an appointment and the earliest date I got was january 3, is there any chances I can push it up to an earlier dat,kindly reply as soon as possible. I need help, my school resumes jan 13 but I have been told I must attend the orientation on january 7
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
Square65:

I see some familiar lines ... ( smiley ) and I really was hoping it would work out well for you.

Anyway, you still stand a very good chance because I think your application is good. Here are my comments:

1) Disparity in being a marketing executive and your purported career goals in Safety Management is a red flag. (besides, in what field was your undergrad?)

2) Also, in my own opinion, your response to "will you be going with your wife?" is not quite satisfactory. Yes, I understand you wanted to infer that you would have to return to your wife (home-tie) after your study, she's a medical doctor, she (you) are comfortable, not desperate, and all that, which is good.
However, I think you should have at least given an impression that she will DEFINITELY come for visits once in a while during your study and instead of seemingly "shutting the door" on her by just saying No.

3) Was the question "Who's paying your ticket?", "Who's paying your school fees?" or "Who's paying for your trip" ? I get confused on these personally. I guess you should just take time to figure out the difference and the appropriate responses to any of these.

I just hope any of these makes sense ...

Hello boss. Hope you're doing great? It's been awhile. You said well up there. The only confusing thing seems to be the course, the current job duties and the BS field. They are not inline with each other. Still many got it with such irregular combinations. It would have been much better if two are in the same field.

About the wife working at home...... I think his response to that was good.

About sponsor..... We don't know if Jaskinbo's school fee is on the high side that only rich parents can sponsor such. So, I think he's better with his dad being his sponsor.

About trip...... Since anyone can do that, his wifey, his in-laws, his dad, himself. I will prefer his wifey to show she's comfortable as a doc.

@Jaskinbo,

I wish you best of luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Amefrica:

It also means your sponsor

Your trip sponsor isn't necessarily your tuition sponsor if you differential between the two during your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadex56: 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
hello house, my visa was denied at the US consulate today by one FOOLISH american man......
the man denied almost every aplicants that he interviewed today... my interview goes thus.....

VO: where are you going to?
me: i am going to the united state for my undergraduate studies
vo: which school?
me: tell him
vo: how did you get to know about this school?
me: i did a proper research on the internet on schools that suit my academic career using some search schools like petersons, wordreport and usnews..
vo: what will you do after your studies.
me: i will come back to nigeria for my compulsory nysc becos without the certificate i neither be opportuned to get any suitable job nor hold any position in my country and also i will introduce the modern technology of my profession into the industry in other to contribute to the industrial development of my country.
vo: who is your sponsor?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he is into building construction and real estate

the next thing i heard from him was, sorry, your application does not qualify you blah blah.... he didnt ask any document from me..it seems the man is put there today to be denying people cos he didnt issue any visa atall....

so, i need any help from me cos intend reapplying this month........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
fadex56: hello house, my visa was denied at the US consulate today by one FOOLISH american man......
the man denied almost every aplicants that he interviewed today... my interview goes thus.....

me: i did a proper research on the internet on schools that suit my academic career using some search schools like petersons, wordreport and usnews..
me: i will come back to nigeria for my compulsory nysc becos without the certificate i neither be opportuned to get any suitable job nor hold any position in my country and also i will introduce the modern technology of my profession into the industry in other to contribute to the industrial development of my country.

the next thing i heard from him was, sorry, your application does not qualify you blah blah.... he didnt ask any document from me..it seems the man is put there today to be denying people cos he didnt issue any visa atall....

Lemme come out straight.

The reasons are: your school and your course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by scobbyy2k3: 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
fadex56: hello house, my visa was denied at the US consulate today by one FOOLISH american man......

Did he ask you for documents at the start of the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadex56: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Lemme come out straight.

The reasons are: your school and your course

@amefrica,how is it that it is my school? and the vo doesnt ask me for any document
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
With the new trend of VOs asking for WAEC results, will a student going for undergrad studies(major: Political science) with a d7 in mathematics be considered by both the Schools and VOs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
fadex56:

@amefrica,how is it that it is my school? and the vo doesnt ask me for any document

Where's ur school? Which course? Are you a science student?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
Graviton: With the new trend of VOs asking for WAEC results, will a student going for undergrad studies(major: Political science) with a d7 in mathematics be considered by both the Schools and VOs?

Same course with me! It shouldn't be a problem but nah B3 me get shaa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Same course with me! It shouldn't be a problem but nah B3 me get shaa.
okay, thanks

Maths has never been my strong point, I wrote another WAEC though and I got C4 in maths but I want to apply with the first result
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by abbey621(m): 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hi pals, my friend just got her visa today at the Lagos embassy. Her interview was at 7:30am.

VO: Hello pass your documents
her: Hello ma, passed first set of documents
VO: Why are you going to the U.S
her: For my undergraduate studies at Kennesaw State University
VO: Why did you chose the school
her: I chose it over 2 other schools because they have a well structured program and they are genuinely interested in helping international students succeed.
VO:How old are you?
her: 25
VO: Who will sponsor you?
her: My mom
VO: What does she do?
her: She is a retired accountant and now manages the hotel business left by my late father.
VO: Can I see her income statement?
her: passes document
VO: Your Waec result please
her: passes WAEC result
VO: Kept staring at screen and documents, smiled and said congratulations, you can pick up your visa on Friday.

The biggest key here is confidence, she came prepared with the answers to every possible questions thanks to Nairaland, yet her interview was determined by God's grace and her confidence, also a word of advice, when completing the DS160 make sure it is completed as accurately as possible. Research is the key, VO's are humans too, thanks pals.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
I have re-apply again now...... But now am a little bit confused with some comments....some say my course (safety management)and my present job( marketing executive in an agro allied company) and my undergrad(agric econs)........the question now is Can I change my job status. Secondly about my dad job.....what can I add more to make it more lucrative?.....Thirdly was it bad that my wife is a doctor and not sponsoring me? Is it not good that my dad is sponsoring me?....
In the next interview...if VO asked for who is paying ticket again.....can I say myself and that my dad is paying my tuition and other expenses?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
jaskinbo: I have re-apply again now...... But now am a little bit confused with some comments....some say my course (safety management)and my present job( marketing executive in an agro allied company) and my undergrad(agric econs)........the question now is Can I change my job status. Secondly about my dad job.....what can I add more to make it more lucrative?.....Thirdly was it bad that my wife is a doctor and not sponsoring me? Is it not good that my dad is sponsoring me?....
In the next interview...if VO asked for who is paying ticket again.....can I say myself and that my dad is paying my tuition and other expenses?

PLEASE don't change anything now since you like to show up there anytime soon. You can ONLY change your course IF you apply for fall 2014. Your record is there the first time you attended the interview.

Your job duties + BS go well. Course in MS is what's off. US likes continuity. Come to think of it, it's really hard switching fields here, not even at MS level. They (VOs) know this too.

You need to explain everything well. Let the VO knows the reason for everything if he/she doesn't cut in.

You know the reason your dad is your sponsor better (high tuition, first son to study abroad, won his favor etc) and your trip can be taken care of by anyone (you, him, her or them).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by europeguy070: 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
i was refused visa but i think it was my fault because i did not go with my transcript and test score and my waec result is the print out.so i want to get those documents ready and reapply and i have also shifted my classes and i will still request for another i20 hope to get visa this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by europeguy070: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
i was refused visa but i think is my fault because i did not go with my transcript and test scores and i did not go with my original waec result i went with my print out and i want to get these documents ready and reapply i have shifted my classes and also will request for a new i20 hope it works for me this time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hello house, is it all schools in Nigeria that wes needs to re verify that is send back to the school after you send your transcript to them at first. I am afraid this will be time consuming as the deadlines for transfer admission for the most of the schools am applying to is March to April, and transcript is the only thing setting me back cos of the strike, so if they call of the strike and I send my transcript to them and they have to re verify again, I think I might not meet up with the deadline. And you guys know it will already be time consuming in the first place to send your transcript to them from this our naija schools. I need suggestions and answers please, thanks. God help ASUU, now to leave their school na wahala.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by europeguy070: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
at my first interview i was asked quetions which i want to change when i reapply which is do i apply to another school hope it will not affect me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Square65: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Imperiouxx I'm great thank you! Congrats on your successful completion of your MSc and I'm sure you are not stopping there!

Let's (+ Jaskinbo) try hookup online some time before Jaskinbo's interview. Any time after this time nxt week will be fine for me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hi guys I am in a very long thing here, my I-20 has still not arrived since over 4weeks it was sent. And my school is requesting for a proof that it has been lost for them to even send another one.... I don write mails tire...oh I don't know what to do now. Time is no longer on my side.

How do I structure the mail so that they will listen to me? I have been writing polite mails to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jonnyp(m): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
@frankie u can checkout usa visit visa trend..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 7:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
@square65.....OK thank you so much. Am always online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
conyema12: Hi guys I am in a very long thing here, my I-20 has still not arrived since over 4weeks it was sent. And my school is requesting for a proof that it has been lost for them to even send another one.... I don write mails tire...oh I don't know what to do now. Time is no longer on my side.

How do I structure the mail so that they will listen to me? I have been writing polite mails to them.

Your school wicked shaaa. My school didn't say this rubbish. Go to the nearest post office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
@Conyema12, how could you be so polite when you haven't received your documents? Do you know sometimes the whites make stupid mistakes? You may need to sound a little harsh. Write an email to the school, tell them that you're totally unhappy and that you do not have time anymore. That they should act fast before your dreams go in tatters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
@Conyema12, the letter should be like this: Hi again, it is quite unfortunate and totally uncalled for that I have not received my I-20 for couple of weeks now. I am totally disenchanted simply because I do not have time anymore. And I have not scheduled for my appointment yet. The US Embassy requires time for each applicant at its Embassy. Please do not let my dreams go in tatters. I need a new I-20 as soon as possible. Hope to join you guys soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
conyema12: ... How do I structure the mail so that they will listen to me? I have been writing polite mails to them.

Bro please call the International Students Office or whichever section responsible and express your dissatisfaction POLITELY. Please make sure you call them in the morning (their own time), while they are still active. I know it's capital intensive, however it works like magic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
fadex56: hello house, my visa was denied at the US consulate today .....

Sorry to hear about your denial. Of what importance is it that you've refused to reveal the name of your school? I understand it's not an obligation, however it would be difficult to ascertain if you are not in possession of an I-20 issued by one of those bogus Universities. I wish you luck in your next step.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
@idalex

I have replied your email explicitly in case you haven't checked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.