Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! (2639 Views)

5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema / Most Annoying TV Adverts / Reps Bill To Break Monopoly Of DSTV Passes Through 2nd Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by ayobase(m): 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
My people, me don tire for this DSTV booting o. I don dey even dey consider star times or HITV.

I could switch on my DSTV, and still meet it booting while I shuttle Wuse to and from Maitama.

Sometimes, I fit on the thing go Chuch for Utako around 5pm, and still meet it booting when it is 8pm

Sorry for those pieces of exaggeration, no be my fault.

This has been happening without much worries, cos I would prefer engaging myself in any-about-5mins chores (like listening to music, microwaving........) Just to while away time with, but tonight's episode shot my anger up.

I was watching the Gulder Ultimate Search, and while they were about climbing the ropes (the most anticipated interesting moment) the NEPA did their worse. It was late, and I don't wanna bother switching on the gen. Also considering the fact that the fuel might get exhausted while the DAMN thing boots up, with curses, I hissed and went to bed. But the power was restored after about 5mins. Jumped up and rushed to the sitting room to finish up. You can simply figure out what happened again.

Well, I joined then at the concluding part.

And to know, does it happen to me alone, or its nationwide?

Secondly, what do u do at that moment of about 5mins if it happens to u also?
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 18, 2013
Lol...I'm used to it grin. What I normally do is; when I get home, I switch on the appliances before doing anyother thing....so after settling down, the scanning must have been concluded.

Btw..mine is not up to 5Mins oooo. Its just about 1 to 2 mins and it's done! Maybe the network in your area isn't strong or the dish wasn't positioned towards the best network direction during installation.

On another note...so na Dstv scanning make you open epistle grin grin cheesy
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by homesteady(m): 1:45am On Oct 18, 2013
There is nothing that is as annoying as that booting! It is tooooooooooo loooooonnnnng!
Sometimes, I'll change it to the other dish! But most times, I'll just switch the dish on, then go round the house looking for any work to do grin

It is so annoying enn! Especially if I was watching a program and NEPA took light

1 Like

Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by bigtt76(f): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2013
Your dish needs to be re-aligned its currently not picking the right signal at the strength level requured for faster booting.
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Emmyk(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2013
I goto the kitchen in the moment-of-waiting. cheesy
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2013
Try to go to customer service center.
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by homesteady(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2013
Wait! I don't understand! Are some people DSTV booting faster than other peoples own? Is it not the same 24?
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 18, 2013
O.k! U have DSTV? Well i dn't have. I use Antenna to listen to local channels, it doesn't require booting. Switch on your T.V 1 sec you are already viewing NTA News 24. I recommend same for you.
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by AbuMikey(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2013

It pains me most when I'm watching a football match, and Nepa just do their normal stuff!!!

Switch on the Gen and you still gonna wait for at least 4minutes before all goes well.

#Nonesens angry

Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Yinkade(m): 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Pvr HD boosts in 10seconds sha....and rain hardly affects the signal....that's why the decoder is quite expensive....but its worth it....makes me get back to my show on time when the power is out
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Yinkade: Pvr HD boosts in 10seconds sha....and rain hardly affects the signal.... that's why the decoder is quite expensive....but its worth it....makes me get back to my show on time when the power is out

*rolls eyes* now we know you use a PVR

You are so wrong @the bolded thou. No further questions. Tenk
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by kokoA(m): 7:26am On Oct 19, 2013
speedyboi:

*rolls eyes* now we know you use a PVR

You are so wrong @the bolded thou. No further questions. Tenk
Bad bele grin . But truly dis dstv own don dey toomuch o. Na so on sunday I dey watch Naija vs Ethiopia with gen, nepa come bring light, I rush go change over naw, come sidon to continue ball, that day's own was exceptionally long. Only for the tin to come show after like 4min of which nepa take light again!
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by Ghostie: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmmmn! Me seeee
DeHezTiVee...
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by ayobase(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2013
kokoA: But truly dis dstv own don dey toomuch o. Na so on sunday I dey watch Naija vs Ethiopia with gen, nepa come bring light, I rush go change over naw, come sidon to continue ball, that day's own was exceptionally long. Only for the tin to come show after like 4min of which nepa take light again!

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin
Re: Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! by ayobase(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2013
babawarunn: Buy a ups, and connect your decoder to the ups. Anytime PHCN electricity goes off, the ups will keep the decoder on for some minutes,untill you put on your gen; that way, there will be no need for your decoder to reboot when you put on your gen.

What about if are rushing in to watch a VERY important programme that u wouldn't wanna miss any part, or u just wanna watch just the last 3-4 mins of a programme!

That kin thing!

The UPS advise is nice!

(1) (Reply)

4 Hidden Sexual Images In Disney Movies / Watch Uncensored TV On Your Computer / Nollywood War : Actress Oge Okoye Versus Chioma Toplis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.