Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars (13534 Views)

Prices Of Imported Cars To Rise By 60% - Effective Date / FG : Price Of Imported Cars To Rise By 60% / Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Superking: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
THunDER FIREEEEE all of them!!!!
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by soulgate: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
I wonder what policy is that? I fear this vehicle that'll be manufactured in 9ja!!
Anyway Cotonou border dey and crossers are all ready to...
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by LajaLaba: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
soulgate: I wonder what policy is that? I fear this vehicle that'll be manufactured in 9ja!!
Anyway Cotonou border dey and crossers are all ready to...
U dont get it....The problem is not the quality of the car but the enabling environment....If the environment is good atleast major manufacturers will be here in a jiffy!but right now we got to set things right....We got the market atleast up to 22 car manufacturers are producing in India........South Africa there......Oh wat a country tongue
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by babyhrt(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
Policewoman: IDIOTIOC POLICY FROM IDIOTIC GOVT OFFICIALS.
surely u r the type dat eats wit all five fingers...all u fink abt is 2day,no plan 4 2mro n dats why u cud nt see anytin gud in dis policy bt d makers of dis ppolicy had ur future in mind wen dey started dis policy.giv emm som credit.
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Rastamann: 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
This guys are fools, which car do Nigeria produce that they want to protect?
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by ogmask: 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
The policy is good but the environment/ enforcement is where we will have some probs. For instance, for us to truely work the talk we must have achieved the following;
Electricity
Good roads
Modern rail system (not the type we have now that travels frm kano to lagos in 30hrs)
Leaders at all levels with their heads on their neck. Not the other way round.
The leaders must demonstrate strong commitment like what used to obtain during the days of peugeot automobiles kaduna.
The policy must bar public office holders and their families frm using vehicles not manufactured/assembled in the country without hidden clauses.
Above all we the followers must make sure we dont worship thieves. I bet you with the kind of money they steal they can buy their cars frm anywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by cocoduck: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
great1:

Bro, the problem here is not lack of trust in Locally made goods, but lack of enforcement of laws to protect the citizens who use these goods.. A few years ago I bought an igbo made extention cable that nearly burnt my house down... If proper laws and enforcements are in place to checkmate these manufacturers, would they dare sell these products in the market...

In UK and USA and other european countries, you'll find Chinese made goods, mainly substandard quality, but one thing I know is that, these products are only sold in certain type of stores... For instance, Tesco will not sell Chinese made substandard product because they know the legal implications....in return, buyers instill confidence in them...

What our government needs to do in order to build confidence in local made products is to make and enforce consumer laws...
Humans will only listen when a few has been made scapegoats.... That's enough said...
Shut up your filthy mouth. Nigerian cables are the best cables in Africa at least not the made in China you bought. You people hate igbos like death. I don't know what they did to you. China is now igbo
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by klax(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
So Aganga think this policy is a intellegent isnit? So to encourage local manufacturer is to start with imported cars? Wait a minute which local manufacturer is Aganga talking about is it those one who will produce or assemble Golf 3 and sell it for 7million Naira or what is this clueless man talking about? Just dangling to a policy without doing check and balance how to implement policy with wisdom gradually and finally get it done or just jump like a frog and announce a very good policy at wrong time.

I bet you all is about looting and looting and the most annoying you will find out it may one of thing called Aganga friend that is planing of bringing a automobile company to Nigeria to enrich himself who had gone to Aganga and sell this idea of increasing tarrif in imported cars I can bet it because is in my country Nigeria if you are a friend to anyone in position or in power just wake one morning and sell any rubbish idea to him or her you will get it done.

I guess what we need is how Aganga can remove all these unecessary protocol and bereaucracy that surrounded starting business in Nigeria to creat employment both in a small firm or big firm or becoming self employ and not all these sort of blablabla that would end up favouring the senators, governors, the rich, the ministers and politicians.
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Kingsteve(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
The million naira question is:. When will this new policy be implemented/introduced...later this year, or early next year?
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by victorazy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Laja Laba: No be this same Nigeria?okay

My brother I never like GEJ initially but he is my gud friend now and I will vote for him. This guy meant gud for Nig but the forces around him won't let him sky-rocket but he shall surely prevail, am certain.
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by martinkem(m): 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
They should first name 3 made in Nigeria cars, so that we would know which cars to buy now
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by ROMENOUN: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
this will not help the economy....all these kia fyber made car are expensive and they are not strong....I will rather go for toyota or hunda....let all those bad leader chop aboki shit

Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by LajaLaba: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
ROMENOUN: this will not help the economy....all these kia fyber made car are expensive and they are not strong....I will rather go for toyota or hunda....let all those bad leader chop aboki shit
why this poo on my thread bros?
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Edoblakky(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
The reason why Naija is where it is today is not far-fetched. So they want to invite foreign investors like Toyota, Honda, BMW etc to come and invest in a hostile environment that is fraught with anarchy and corruption. And before the invetors make up their mind, tarif must be raised. If the same investors could manufacture outside Nigeria and make cars this 'cheap', I bet their coming to Nigeria to invest should make the same cars cheaper here than imported.
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by nigerfine: 1:08am On Oct 19, 2013
In brazil cars are meant for the rich, an oil worker of 2 years isn't due for one. To import used car is as difficult as snow falling in Lagos . That is where Nigeria is heading to with this policy. The only different being that Nigeria can't secure border. I don't support this , lets agree it starts in like 4 to 5 years time while better structures are put in place for actualization
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Policewoman: IDIOTIOC POLICY FROM IDIOTIC GOVT OFFICIALS.

Nonsense policy. I call forth money this december and import all i need for next year come january...
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 19, 2013
nigerfine: In brazil cars are meant for the rich, an oil worker of 2 years isn't due for one. To import used car is as difficult as snow falling in Lagos . That is where Nigeria is heading to with this policy. The only different being that Nigeria can't secure border. I don't support this , lets agree it starts in like 4 to 5 years time while better structures are put in place for actualization

Do you think its easy saving money even when you earn big? Most bankers buy their first cars after 2 to 3 years of suffering...

Most nigerian oil companies pay poorer than banks save for few...

1 Like

Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 19, 2013
israel007: As usual their policies are meant to frustrate the poor.

Seriously, why not increase tariff on importation of BRAND NEW kia, hyundai, toyota and honda The cars that innoson and his likes produce are in this korean/china class, and that is the area where the import ban/discouragement should target... Dunno when our leaders will start thinking straight...

What has old cars got to do with frustrating new car production plants ? So that the average poor nigerian cant afford a car again.. Smh
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 19, 2013
taharqa: So India, and other nations like China and Brazil, waited until 'home made cars were available' b4 they started instituting Tariff structures in order to protect its local Auto industry, right??

So it starts with tarriffs abi.. see prioritizaition
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by SANdos: 8:30am On Oct 19, 2013
A Smuggling Continua!
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by jpphilips(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2013
inspired_m: Clueless Government.

Increase Tarrif on Older Vehicles and Reduce Tarrifs on New Model Vehicle, Government Should Encourage Importation of Newer Model vehicles.

Exactly my sentiment, why do we need 1m to clear a 2013 car and just 250k for a 1997, it doesn't add up, raise tariff for the old cars, drop tariff for the new ones
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by jpphilips(m): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2013
cocoduck:
Shut up your filthy mouth. Nigerian cables are the best cables in Africa at least not the made in China you bought. You people hate igbos like death. I don't know what they did to you. China is now igbo

CUTIX cable is igbo made, but i wont use "igbo" if i were him
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by jpphilips(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2013
victorazy:
Yep! U made point but he made a "nice" move.
Nigeria is now serving as World Dust Being and something need to be done about it.
You said somthing about job opp, this is the greatest way of providing job opp for the masses. All hail Mr President.

M0r0n after hailing the president, you retire to your molue dept.
Re: Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars by omodapson(m): 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
ROMENOUN: this will not help the economy....all these kia fyber made car are expensive and they are not strong....I will rather go for toyota or hunda....let all those bad leader chop aboki shit

Moderator, why is this disgusting foto still being displayed? Please hide it away. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Signs Of A Defective Spark Plug In Your Car / Mercedes Is Spending $1 Billion To Go Electric In Alabama / Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.