Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Why Some People Treat Corp Members With Disdain - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Some People Treat Corp Members With Disdain (648 Views)

Post All Problems Relating To JAMB Regularization Here - Let's Treat Them / Batch B14 OYO State Corp Members Let's Meet Here / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Some People Treat Corp Members With Disdain by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 18, 2013
This is true life story and I feel this could be one of the reasons some hitherto nice fellows to corp members now review their benevolence. My friend who served in one of the states in western Nigeria said a staff in one of the general hospitals was defrauded by a corp member he so cherished, loved and trusted.

The corp member, name and state of origin withheld maximized the advantage of the trust he enjoyed by stealthily picking the hospital staff's ATM card and withdrew about 100k. He did this a few days to his pop of February 2013. The corp member who promised to spend some weeks after the pop then made a sudden change of mind by opting to go on the day of his pop but his 'luck' was transient as the distressed staff immediately suspected him and reported it to the ZI who then made it known to the state coordinator while the staff was instructed to investigate with frantic effort.

On the pop day, his discharge certificate was withheld pending the outcome of the investigation because he vehemently denied any knowledge of the act. A day after the pop, the staff was granted the permission to watch the video of every transaction of the day at the ATM as reflected in the alert he received.

The corp member was seen doing the withdrawal on a Sunday. I mention the day here because the corp member was in church with the staff but excused him for few minutes to go and commit the heinous crime. The First bank then instructed the hospital staff to bring him if he still denied.

In the presence of the state coordinator, ZI, and other NYSC staff, he confessed to have carried out the act. However, he was asked to refund the cash, apologised to both NYSC and the staff and write an undertaking that he would not harm or send people to harm his victim and subsequently given his discharge certificate.

This is just one of the myriad reasons some people treat corp members with disdain. I know you have yours. Let the house hear you. Thanks.
Re: Why Some People Treat Corp Members With Disdain by jahlove4jah: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2013
Let me log on to my pc.

(1) (Reply)

Electrical Engineering Graduates For Power Sector / Batch C14 Borno / Nysc Batch C Corp Members Posted To Adamawa Who Lives In Kwara St.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.