Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? (7771 Views)

Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / The Effect Of High Altitude To The Human Body System / Shortening The Menstrual Cycle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2013
Pls i will like to know. I'm the type that keep dates on my calendar for my period days. I noticed my flow is not balanced between the said 28-30 days. At times when i count, it comes either on day 27, 28 and 30. Please any effect on this? I really need to know if i'm safe because i find it difficult to know my ovulation period/fertile days with this unstable calendar. And for the records, i dont do contraceptive pills. Pls i need your answers urgently thanks.
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by dober(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2013
Some females dont have stable M.cycle of 28days.
And it is not known to be associated with any disorder.
Calculating ur ovulation period should be based on the first day of flow.
If ur cycle is 30days, ovulatn is expected on d 15th day after ist flow (fertile period is plus/minus 2 days of ovulation)...
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 18, 2013
Oh thanks i feel much better now.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2013
Iregular menstrual cycle maybe caused by some factors like.
Stress, Infection, life style, use of pregnancy prevention pill etc.
Have u gone for thorough Infections screening?
Do you use pregnancy prevention pill?
Is your work or life stressful?
Just check yourself and hola me back.
There are also adverse effects of iregular periods but cos of time, i will treat that later.
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by dober(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2013
DoveQueen: Oh thanks i feel much better now.
uwc.
Jst understand how ur body works and rock on!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by favoredgal: 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Most times it is a sign of hormonal imbalance...which may lead to annovulatory (no ovulation) cycle

Relax, dont worry....when you are ready to have kids...you may see a gyneo to check you out and advice if you are actually ovulating...bcause you can menstruate without ovulating

Source:mylife. I had irregular random periods for the longest time
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
favored gal: Most times it is a sign of hormonal imbalance...which may lead to annovulatory (no ovulation) cycle

Relax, dont worry....when you are ready to have kids...you may see a gyneo to check you out and advice if you are actually ovulating...bcause you can menstruate without ovulating

Not ovulating? shocked Now dis is scary sad
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Kemmy210(f): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
favored gal: Most times it is a sign of hormonal imbalance...which may lead to annovulatory (no ovulation) cycle

. True talk.the same thing with me,I didn't see it as a problem until wen I went 2hospital after 6mths of marriage without conceivng,I met with gyneacologist who based me on drugs,monitored my ovulation period&so on.
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by dober(m): 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
DoveQueen: Not ovulating? shocked Now dis is scary sad
Dnt be scared.
Even those with regular cycle of 28days still experience annovulationary periods.
Also, annovulation and cyle irregularities are some features of menarch. Cycles may not become regular though.
As far as you are ovulating, cycle iregularities aint any big deal.
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 23, 2013
dober:
Dnt be scared.
Even those with regular cycle of 28days still experience annovulationary periods.
Also, annovulation and cyle irregularities are some features of menarch. Cycles may not become regular though.
As far as you are ovulating, cycle iregularities aint any big deal.
Hmnn alright thanks smiley
Re: What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? by Gigihealth: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
Menstrual irregularities can be caused by a lot of factors, including pregnancy, infections, hormonal imbalances, malignancies, diseases, trauma, and some medications. To know what's normal about your menstrual cycle, you can start by keeping a record of your menstrual cycle on a calendar or your personal diary. Click on the link below to know more on menstrual irregularities and their treatments.
http://www.gigihealth.com/menstrual-irregularities-whats-normal-whats/

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges 90 Coronavirus Patients Today / What Are The Benefits Of Chewing Bitter Kola / Half Man Half Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.