Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,138 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers (27664 Views)

Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Miner13: 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
Let d struggle continue
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by speeder(m): 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
"The masses are feminine and silly. Only emotion and hatred can keep them under control" - Adolf Hitler
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by dheaven: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
dgifted: ASUU strike don make me fat well well ooo grin embarassed
WHY?
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by DammyFx: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
Also this might lead to unemployment because graduate will definitely waste precious time in school due to ASUU strike and when they eventually finished their youth service , they would have clock 27 years of age meaning companys like access bank , pwc , kpmg ,etc. Will peg age requirement at 25years of age and as a result of this , many graduate even with their first class and 2.1 would be denied of job opportunities. Ask those that attended OAU. Lwkmd
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Miner13: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
South african were lucky 2 start wit d rit leader. D ghanians fought witot considerin d loses 2 b wia dey ar. Let put in our whole weight nd say no 2 ROTTEN EDUCATION SYSTEM
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by ImperialMcHael(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oko_AGB: What is d essence of calling off d strike if d aim for which d strike was embarked on is not met? Make una de reason jare. If we can ve d strike for 4months, I say ASUU shud hold on for 1yr until d FG gets off their high horse and start taking ASUU seriously
I wished you were alive and not merely breathing!
The longer the strike the more pointless it becomes....
The resultant effect on students is too harsh! And thank God we have a FG who scarcely cares.
@OP, this piece points out one thing: students are at a total disadvantage while lecturers are untouched (those who are still writing their M.phil/Phd are still students).
As students we have everything to loose!
Educate, train and equip well-balanced university graduates, this I believe should be the apropos behind any ASUU action but funnily, ASUU does not seem to have any of such in its addendum.
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Breezy90(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
gaddamit!!!!!!!.am sick and tired of dis strike ish.seriously dis country is bleeped up angry angry angry angry
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Miner13: 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fkforyou: Nice one OP.....indeed the present actions of ASUU have consequences on us the student,although I find it wierd that some students are still in support of ASUU.
i am a student lik u. Bt i c in u a mind jst lik dis selfish nd selfcenta set of people we cal leaders. Jst afta ur own gain nt mindin odas
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
T-val:
I think with the way dis strike of a thing is goin, it is now time for students to think of schooling in private universities and state universities..
. State uni re also on strike my lecturers will only benefit from.d earn allowance but as for d rest no money is coming to my sch for infrastructure development
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by florishn(f): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
U must be a good writer.nice one
d bad side on students is many will carry unwanted pregancy, some will join bad gangs.
Good side is many ar learin hand works like tailorin, event plannin, hair dressin,beads makin,caterin e.t.c. Wic is gud cos even after education is divine prayer nd connectn one need to get job.is gud to learn something apart from acada o.
Lets stop lamentin abt d strike as dis wnt help.all we need is to pray for dis country.lets join hands nd pray together.God will intervene.
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Imperial McHæl:
The resultant effect on students is too harsh! And thank God we have a FG who scarcely cares.
@OP, this piece points out one thing: students are at a total disadvantage while lecturers are untouched (those who are still writing their M.phil/Phd are still students).
Educate, train and equip well-balanced university graduates, this I believe should be the apropos behind any ASUU action but funnily, ASUU does not seem to have any of such in its addendum.

Now I realize some people re not for to be called. Human being d strike to hold for a year u be mumu
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Miner13: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Imperial McHæl:
ans dis ??
1. tel me hw long did d universities in ghana strike b4 dey cud beat hom dia demand.
2.Btw 9ja uni nd ghana uni wic 1 wil u prefer.
3.Y did firms in 9ja prefers cert 4rm ghana 2 d 1 in 9ja
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
Lecturers keep looking at d way politicians spend our money inside of them complaining they should also context election into public office nd see the work load. Nd if they steal money who care na tradition
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by mmalik(m): 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Chiyung: Am not supporting ASSU,its we the students that will lose,if govt pay then this money how are we garrantied that they ASSU will use the money to do wat it was meant for? Govt hav given them 130bn,and said the rest will b in 2014 buget so why can't they call it off?. They compare themselves with senators that will stay in the office for only 4yrs,while they themselfs (assu) stay longer than that,tell me wat a Man of 70yrs will b able to teach apart from to give u handout and tell u to go to the internate and do research. I DONT SUPPORT ASSU!
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by mmalik(m): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wat are u saying
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by safarigirl(f): 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
All I see is how it'll affect those from 300l to final year and jambites. It will have little or no effect on those in 100l or 200l. ASUU continue, I no wan hear tori in 3 yrs time
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by infoscope(m): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
You started well but ended up saying trash, even after telling us your piece was going to be unbiased you also ended up supporting the FG...... I won't forgive myself for wasting my time on this crap.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Kinghenreey: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Only in Nigeria will u see a fighter(ASUU) Fighting for fightee(STUDENTS) and d FIGHTEE go say e don do, while d FIGHTER go dey shout i neva start. End Time Fight
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by LMAyedun(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
In other News.

Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by toskut(m): 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nicely written, shows that this writer's brain is functioning optimally
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by dancrux(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
ASUU made me work and save alot of money,abeg continue d strike till nov,mak i collect dis month money waka
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by mathozy(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
ASUU are jst unconsiderable atlst der shld take a step FG hv been tryn
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Melancholy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
ASUU has crossed the rubicon;united we bargain divided we beg
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by ajbabs(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
Memyselfu2009: . State uni re also on strike my lecturers will only benefit from.d earn allowance but as for d rest no money is coming to my sch for infrastructure development
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Richydos(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
I was thought in one öƑ my course dat negotiation is a measure 4 resolving disputes!!! And ƚƞ negotiation both parties will have 2 shift ground on em demands so as 2 arrive at a compromise BUT surprisingly 2013 negotiation btw ASUU n FG seem 2 av turned d other way....FG shifted ground by making an offer n has even started implementation INSTEAD ASUU says no shifting ground on em agreement of 2009....MY ques is Y is ASUU still negotiating wen they dnt wnt 2 shift ground? Whether we bliev it or not STUDENTS are d end culprits öƑ dis DEAF n DUMB fyt.......M jst TIRED
!!!!
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by adebayo201: 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
T-val:
I think with the way dis strike of a thing is goin, it is now time for students to think of schooling in private universities and state universities..
state universities!!!
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by howfarwhatagwan: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
I am really sad that Nigerians can never unite to fight a cause. Now this is a battle that should be fought by every Nigerian but NO the fight has been left to ASUU and the poor Nigerian students. Did we have to wait until ASUU embarked on a four months strike as a nation to realize that our education system is almost dead? How long will this injustice and wickedness continue in our nation? The politicians, government officials and rich will continue to send their kids to schools abroad and pay ridiculous amounts of money and not give a hoot about what goes on in the education system in Nigeria while those that cannot afford this luxury will continue to send their kids to Nigerian schools. Now the question is.... that senator, house of Rep or Governor etc whose child is in a school abroad will they be there if their father or Mother was not a senator, minister etc? and the answer is NO they will not be there. So dear Nigerians rise up and fight if we leave this fight to ASUU and students you know that at the end the results will most likely be the same as in the past. Our government officials will continue to receive their outrageous allowances and benefits while the nation continues to decay why can't they make the sacrifice for once? Something has got to give Nigerians...we need to rise up and make demands we gave them the mandate and not the other way round...

2 Likes

Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by kommiejewel(f): 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
Babafaros:

From ASUU
CALLING OFF THE STRIKE CAN BE A STEP
FORWARD, BUT THAT IS DEFINATELY TWO
STEPS BACKWARD....
Hence my dear students If there is no
struggle, there is no strength in other words
no progress.” WE MUST KEEP ON THE
STRUGGLE # TOGETHER
Which kind yeye struggle?; struggle dat will enrich lecturers' pockets more than it will benefit d students
struggle dat will delay d actualisation of our careers e.t.c
@op,nice thread. I wish dat brainless ASUU chaiman;gay or wateva his name is will read dis. .mmtccheeww. . .
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by ajbabs(m): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Memyselfu2009: . State uni re also on strike my lecturers will only benefit from.d earn allowance but as for d rest no money is coming to my sch for infrastructure development
No allowance for state univer. ( expect if they fight their state govr.) but they will get money 4 infrastructure dev.
State uni.sities going to strike against FG is hypocritical. Ask them whether they ve striked against their state 4 the rotten in their institutns?
LASU:<1000 lecturers 2 over 90,000 students
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by adebayo201: 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Miner13:
ans dis ??
1. tel me hw long did d universities in ghana strike b4 dey cud beat hom dia demand.
2.Btw 9ja uni nd ghana uni wic 1 wil u prefer.
3.Y did firms in 9ja prefers cert 4rm ghana 2 d 1 in 9ja
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by peter1994(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Babafaros:

From ASUU
CALLING OFF THE STRIKE CAN BE A STEP
FORWARD, BUT THAT IS DEFINATELY TWO
STEPS BACKWARD....
Hence my dear students If there is no
struggle, there is no strength in other words
no progress.” WE MUST KEEP ON THE
STRUGGLE # TOGETHER
this guy must be an ASUU member
Re: Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers by Tval(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
adebayo201: state universities!!!
Dere z still hope elsewhere ,, Nigerian owned universities in Benin rep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. / Who Can Solve This Maths? / ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.