Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife (13247 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
One_Naira:

I still think the guy is a coward for letting his people bully him. I doubt the Ebonyi lady would still stay with him, if she does then that lady is the most idiotic woman.

Thats the Ojuku gene
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
I don't seem to believe that you are just joking here.

To be honest, I've been indifferent with the whole accusation about berem not being igbo. I thought chino and them are going cookoo But the more i watch her behavior, comments, replies and jubilation on NL, I'm slowly starting to change my perception. I'm still not 100% sure but it is a bit intriguing.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: How do you know their Obis are part of the Ohanaeze ndi igbo? Why don't you provide a list of the Obis and their communities that make up the Ohanaeze ndi Igbo? There are so many delta igbos claiming they are not Igbos on this forum.what do you say about that?
This issue has been floored here several times. The lists is endless. Secondly, you do not follow Igbo activities nor visit the culture threads where they were trashed out. Even recently, One naira, a proud Igbo boy from the region started a thread about the Igbo day in Asaba last year with photographs of Ika obis who wrere in attendance. Go and figure.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Which one do you want me to prove?

That Azikwe was out of the country on a "medical check up" or that Okpara entertained Ifeajuna hours after killing Balewa and co?

Provide irrefutable evidence (from transcripts, confessions of coup plotters) that these Igbo men sponsored the coup.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
@old fool. obviously you should reason with your brains and not your fingers.I won't go into that argument with you as my correction has been made and taken. always know that There are ikas on nairaland waiting to spot and correct your lies and Wikipedia false theories.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
@MidasTouch1,

Who were these core "Igbo politicians" who used these coup plotters to orchestrate the coup, and later dumped them?

Please list names and concrete historical facts to back up your response.

smiley

I will advise that you pick up a history book at your closest library. As you will acknowledge, me explaining all that to you is beyond the purpose of this thread. Alternatively, you can start another thread in that regard and I will be more than willing to educate and enlighten you.

I noticed that you conveniently omitted the part where I said that Ojukwu murdered a Yoruba man who fought on behalf of Biafra - Victor Banjo who was assassinated on the a market street in Alaibo.

N.B. Banjo died a warrior, after 4 shots, he cried out- " I am not dead yet"! A discussion for another day!

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Please stop thanking the hater with his idiotic clarification. The chap is an Ika who doesn't see himself as Igbo but you must not because of him think others from that clan are like him.
I don't seem to believe that you are just joking here.
how is he a hater? If he is an Ika and says he isn't Igbo,would you force it down his throat by calling him Igbo? I said it earlier that I have seen so many Ikas who deny being Igbos and they are proud to say it.what are you saying then? FYI,am not even talking about the Aniomas o! The Ikas are the main topic of discussion.

Where are you from? Are you a delta igbo?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats the Ojuku gene

Since he allowed them to bully him and finally succumbing to their wish, it's more like the awo gene. Who knows the guy might have a yoruba ancestor somewhere in his bloodline.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
Please provide THE ENTIRE LIST of high level coup plotters and denote their origins.

dayokanu:

The majority of the attackers were Ibos and majority of the victims were non Ibos

What do you disagree with in that
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
Please provide THE ENTIRE LIST of high level coup plotters and denote their origins.

I already provided mine, you can provide yours and the list of high level victims to see which region they are from
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
One_Naira:

Since he allowed them to bully him and finally succumbing to their wish, it's more like the awo gene. Who knows the guy might have a yoruba ancestor somewhere in his bloodline.

A guy who fled warfront and even his father in law called a cantankerous coward would be Ojuku
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: how is he a hater? If he is an Ika and says he isn't Igbo,would you force it down his throat by calling him Igbo? I said it earlier that I have seen so many Ikas who deny being Igbos and they are proud to say it.what are you saying then? FYI,am not even talking about the Aniomas o! The Ikas are the main topic of discussion.

Where are you from? Are you a delta igbo?
I SAID EARLIER that the chap is a hater and you refuse to accept it. For two years now, He has been going about preaching Igbo hatred and insulting Igbo people. Only last week, he was calling Igbos slaves and Egbos. Go and check his posts.
Yes am Igbo from both sides of the Niger and I know the two sides very well.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
One_Naira:

[s] To be honest, I've been indifferent with the whole accusation about berem not being igbo. I thought chino and them are going cookoo But the more i watch her behavior, comments, replies and jubilation on NL, I'm slowly starting to change my perception. I'm still not 100% sure but it is a bit intriguing. [/s]
This thread is not about me. It will be good if you stick to the topic and avoid making me the topic of discussion. I am an Igbo woman from Orlu in Imo State. If I go contrary to your perception doesn't make me lesser Igbo or from another ethnic group. The earlier you get it in your brain that I am a full fledged Igbo girl,the better for you. angry
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

A guy who fled warfront and even his father in law called a cantankerous coward would be Ojuku
What has this thread got to do with Ojukwu. Must you bring Ojukwu to every thread?.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

I already provided mine, you can provide yours and the list of high level victims to see which region they are from

Here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/690636/becomerich-anioma-igbos-yorubas-staged
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:

Prove irrefutable evidence (from transcripts, confessions of coup plotters) that these Igbo men sponsored the coup.

Azikwe was out of the country for Checkup and Okpara was hosting Ifeajuna those are facts

When it became obvious that Lagos ops had failed, he(Ifeajuna) and Major DO Okafor bolted for the East, where they are said to have had a meeting with the regional Premier, Michael Okpara. Ifeajuna later sneaked back to Lagos from where he was driven to the border with Dahomey by two federal civil servants (one of whom was his brother-in-law), enroute to Ghana. He was welcomed by President Nkrumah and sent to Winneba to stay with Sam Ikoku.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:

Here you go:

Are you a jester? You asked for evidence and pulled up something from a yahoo groups on a thread in nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
What has this thread got to do with Ojukwu. Must you bring Ojukwu to every thread?.

Ojuku epitomizes cowardice

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: This thread is not about me. It will be good if you stick to the topic and avoid making me the topic of discussion. I am an Igbo woman from Orlu in Imo State. If I go contrary to your perception doesn't make me lesser Igbo or from another ethnic group. The earlier you get it in your brain that I am a full fledged Igbo girl,the better for you. angry
But the way you chat makes everyone think the same way one naira thinks. For example, you said that you have seen some Ikas saying that they are not Igbo. Yet you have not seem majority Ikas who say they are Igbo.
If someone here from Ilorin says he is not Yoruba, will that mean that Ilorins are not Yorubas?.
That is Nigeria for you.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
another point of correction. no ika king belongs to the ohaneze ndigbon. nor does any ika citizen belongs there. when we say ika we mean ika north and south lga in Delta state. of which asaba is excluded. a royal father in Delta can invite another royal father to a function as a guest. But that doesn't mean he is a member of such group. ikas refer to igbos as igbon (slaves )..always ready to claim any good thing. the latest being that dangote i
has an igbo gene which gives his name dangote as (di anyi gote ).

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:

Here you go:

Are you ok?

You are referencing a post on Nairaland

I cannot believe I have been wasting my time debating with you!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Are you a jester? You asked for evidence and pulled up something from a yahoo groups on a thread in nairaland?

If you take your time to read the thread you would have noticed that these were excerpts from the vanguard interview with one of the coup plotters, an anioma himself.

Meanwhile you provided no historical sources for your list either.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

Are you ok?

You are referencing a post on Nairaland

I cannot believe I have been wasting my time debating with you!!

Maybe I should also post something from my email as evidence or reference a post from bluetooth as evidence

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:

Here you go:

Why referring us to Becomerich's post??
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Azikwe was out of the country for Checkup and Okpara was hosting Ifeajuna those are facts

Please describe how this translates to them financing and sponsoring the coup.

Going by your post Nkrumah himself can be said to sponsor the coup
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
If you take your time to read the thread you would have noticed that these were excerpts from the vanguard interview with one of the coup plotters, an anioma himself.

Meanwhile you provided no historical sources for your list either.

In the thread you posted highlight anywhere Vanguard is mentioned

Its just a post from a yahoo group that you are referencing on here? and you expect ppl to take you seriously?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

But ojujwu fought his attackers before fleeing.
Awolowo did not fight any of his attackers before killing himself to envade his attackers.

So whose the wise one b/w the two. The one that fled and came back staring his attackers in the face and even getting a state burial despite his attackers opposing it or the one that killed himself, allowing his attackers to win and barely getting an acknowledgment during his burial.

Now lets compare it to the obi.
His wife was chased out of his home by people he have more power over. He didn't put up a fight ( awolowo right there)
He tried to sort out the problem the weak way (awolowo again)
When that didn't work, he succumbed to their pressure and did as he was told by people with weaker position than him(awolowo again)
That nigg@ have some awo gene flowing through his veins and artery.

The Obi with ojukwu gene is Asagba of Asaba. Fought his people, Stuck to his own decision, fell down a couple of time but got up and till date he has been able to open his people's eyes, changing their preception on things. na ojukwu gene flowing through ones artery.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by talktimi(m): 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
sonya4all: @ berem. point of correction. igbanke. ota. and some areas in edo state are ika speaking areas and not igbo speaking as claimed by the land grabbing igbo propagandist. never rely on Wikipedia as a credible source of information. thanks.
"never rely on Wikipedia" ? Indeed WONDERS SHALL NEVER END. Bigotry has been transformed into an art. Have you studied the sociological & anthropological history of these people which includes language, customs & migration patterns ? Pls always try to be empirical with your statements before you base them as facts.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
But the way you chat makes everyone think the same way one naira thinks. For example, you said that you have seen some Ikas saying that they are not Igbo. Yet you have not seem majority Ikas who say they are Igbo.
If someone here from Ilorin says he is not Yoruba, will that mean that Ilorins are not Yorubas?.
That is Nigeria for you.
unfortunately,I am yet to come across any Ikah person saying he is Igbo.
I wanna ask you, are Itsekiris classified as Yoruba ethnic group
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Maybe I should also post something from my email as evidence or reference a post from bluetooth as evidence

Or My uncle told me that Yorubas are evil

Or my sister in law said Yoruba pri.ck is too big

I just wasted an hour of my life debating with a Biafran intellectual who is is referencing NL- I am disappointed !! even Mama Osisi will be shocked!

Nnena I will report you to Eze Ndigbo of NL

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
Please describe how this translates to them financing and sponsoring the coup.

Going by your post Nkrumah himself can be said to sponsor the coup

Does one need to finance and sponsor a coup before supporting it? Or help me understand your logic

So until you see money out of Azikwes account even though he conveniently fled abroad at that time

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
sonya4all: another point of correction. no ika king belongs to the ohaneze ndigbon. nor does any ika citizen belongs there. when we say ika we mean ika north and south lga in Delta state. of which asaba is excluded. a royal father in Delta can invite another royal father to a function as a guest. But that doesn't mean he is a member of such group. ikas refer to igbos as igbon (slaves )..always ready to claim any good thing. the latest being that dangote i
has an igbo gene which gives his name dangote as (di anyi gote ).
We have been through this before. I know with dementia people tend to forget so easily. Just a reminder, the Obi in charge of Ika at Ime Obi assembly of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is Obi of Akumazi. The last time I checked, Akumazi is in Ikaland.
Secondly, Is Jim Ovia a member of Aka Ikenga or not?. Anyway, you may not know as you are not informed about Igbo affairs despite the fact you live in Igboland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yoruba People Please I Need The Lords Prayer Translated: Ejo E Ronmilowo / Emir Sanusi Sacks 2 Traditional Rulers In Kano / Yoruba People And Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.