Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife (13250 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
One_Naira:

But ojujwu fought his attackers before fleeing.
Awolowo did not fight any of his attackers before killing himself to envade his attackers.

So whose the wise one b/w the two. The one that fled and came back staring his attackers in the face and even getting a state burial despite his attackers opposing it or the one that killed himself, allowing his attackers to win and barely getting an acknowledgment during his burial.

Now lets compare it to the obi.
His wife was chased out of his home by people he have more power over. He didn't put up a fight ( awolowo right there)
He tried to sort out the problem the weak way (awolowo again)
When that didn't work, he succumbed to their pressure and did as he was told by people with weaker position than him(awolowo again)
That nigg@ have some awo gene flowing through his veins and artery.

The Obi with ojukwu gene is Asagba of Asaba. Fought his people, Stuck to his own decision, fell down a couple of time but got up and till date he has been able to open his people's eyes, changing their preception on things. na ojukwu gene flowing through ones artery.

A man leading an army and fleeing warfront leaving defenceless women and children to die is the worst form of coward ever. Even his father in law alluded to it

When he was fleeing encouraged Biafrans to fight till death while he was in the comfort of Abidjan

Yet he came back got all his belongings wle the common man never got anything and he joined those who he claimed were enemies in the same Political party

[size=14pt]OJUKU IS THE WORST FORM OF COWARD EVER BORN. If in doubt ask his Father In law[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

A man leading an army and fleeing warfront leaving defenceless women and children to die is the worst form of coward ever. Even his father in law alluded to it

When he was fleeing encouraged Biafrans to fight till death while he was in the comfort of Abidjan

Yet he came back got all his belongings wle the common man never got anything and he joined those who he claimed were enemies in the same Political party

[size=14pt]OJUKU IS THE WORST FORM OF COWARD EVER BORN. If in doubt ask his Father In law[/size]

GBAM!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
sonya4all: another point of correction. no ika king belongs to the ohaneze ndigbon. nor does any ika citizen belongs there. when we say ika we mean ika north and south lga in Delta state. of which asaba is excluded. a royal father in Delta can invite another royal father to a function as a guest. But that doesn't mean he is a member of such group. ikas refer to igbos as igbon (slaves )..always ready to claim any good thing. the latest being that dangote i
has an igbo gene which gives his name dangote as (di anyi gote ).

If you are not a member of ohaneze, you can't make make a decision nor vote a member. Why would a non member have the power to vote a leader of a group he/she is not a part of. Are you stup1d? Likewise ohaneze do not invite non members to their meetings. my father have tried countless time to attend an ohaneze meeting and each time he is denied access until he reach the ramification to become a member. A non member are only invited during their celebration and igbo day is not an ohaneze celebration. Igbo day is a celebration for all igbo people done by community of the group that decided to do the celebration. Yhe only people that attended igbo day, even ones done in America, are igbo people. The only people that celebrate igbo day are igbo people.

Do you want the articles again. I'm more than willing to.provide the article where an ika king attended an ohaneze meeting and helped vote in the current leader of ohaneze. I've already posted in the culture section and I'll be more than happy to bring it here. Hell an igbo UK residing member even informed una that the leader for his igbo group in UK is from the same igbodo we are talking about right now.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: unfortunately,I am yet to come across any Ikah person saying he is Igbo.
I wanna ask you, are Itsekiris classified as Yoruba ethnic group
Ogbuefi is IGBO from Ikaland
Omonuan is Igbo from Ikaland.
Ezeagu is Igbo from Ikaland
Solomon11 is IGBO FROM Ikaland. The list is endless.
On Itsekiri, they have been classified as Jekri ethnic group over 400 years before the formation of the Yoruba ethnic group in the last 120 years.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
On Itsekiri, they have been classified as Jekri ethnic group over 400 years before the formation of the Yoruba ethnic group in the last 120 years.

Alj harem is Ibo from Nnewi
Segun oshogbo is Yoruba from osogbo
Adejoro is Yoruba from Ilesha
Tosin7 is Yoruba from Ibadan
Tomakint is Yoruba from Akure
Tunde Olaniyi is Yoruba from Ekiti

LOL

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
So because all these dudes you mentioned are Aficionados of GEJ, you now believe they've accepted Igbo
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:

All these postulations on a faceless medium??

Me sef I am from Anambra- a decendant of Ojukwu!

Please Nigerians can you tell me what they teach children in school these days? This is embarrassing!

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by bigfrancis21: 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/24037-igbodo-crisis-obi-osadume-finally-bows-to-tradition-takes-new-wife-from-his-community.html

The drama surrounding the traditional ruler of Igbodo in Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State, Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume, has finally been laid to rest.

The monarch has bowed to the wish of his people by taking a new wife in line with the primordial custom and tradition of the Igbodo people.

He was said to have officially presented the queen to the people last week.

This development was against his initial stance not to take a second wife being a born again Christian and a staunch member of Living Faith Church, a.k.a Winners Chapel.

The monarch did the presentation of the new queen at a colourful ceremony, held at the ancestral palace of Igbodo Kingdom.

Omonnaokada

Stop spreading false information before it gets out of hand. The former queen wasn't dumped because she's Igbo. She was rejected purely because it is the Igbodo tradition that the queen must come from within Igbodo, and not from outside.

If the former wife-to-be was from Asaba, Ukwuani, Ogwashi-Ukwu, Abor, etc(all Delta Igbo areas), she would still have been rejected. Tribe had nothing to do with the issue. You're only bringing tribal sentiments into it.

Its just the same way some parents want their kids
to marry from their own villages. It doesn't mean
they are segregating on tribal lines. No. But rather
trying to preserve age-long traditions as it had been
done several decades ago in Igboland where people
married from the same village or neighbouring
village, all within the same sub Igbo clan. But
nowadays, the Igbo ethnic consciousness has been
expanded and age-long traditions have been broken
when it comes to marriage whereby someone from
Onicha marries someone from Aba, someone from
Ogwashi-Ukwu marries from Owerri, etc. Okonjo-
Iweala is from Delta Igbo but married into Abia
state. Age-long traditions are being broken.

However, some parents and communities such as
Igbodo community wish to observe their traditions,
and there's nothing wrong with that. If the 'foreign' wife had come from other Delta Igbo areas she would still have been rejected outright.

Here's the reason, the traditional prime minister of Igbodo kingdom gave himself, Dr. Ifeanyi Unoma, was the reason for the rejection of the Ebonyi woman:

The traditional Prime Minister of Igbodo Kingdom, Dr. Ifeanyi Unomah, who accepted the woman on behalf of the people, said the turbulent period was over and thanked the monarch for adhering to their wise counsel.

Dr. Unomah said the choice of a daughter of
the community as the queen is to preserve the
culture and tradition of the kingdom.

@Bold...the prime minister's reason is clear. They wanted a daughter from Ika who's well-versed in the specific Ika dialect, customs and traditions given that women/mothers are primarily responsible for the transference of culture to the next generation because they spend more time with the children than the fathers do.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
To sum up the post. Igbodo monarchs do not marry outside their dormain. So if any IGBODO monarch marries from Edo, Ogun, Nasarawa etc, the same principle will still apply.
The OP wants to make it Igbo vs Ika thread. But he has failed once again.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by bigfrancis21: 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/news/tradition-delta-
monarch-dumps-foreign-wife/

@Omonnaokada

I've edited your post promptly. Cease spreading false information.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wow.
Where was i when this thread was bubbling?
Smh.
The thread has been hijacked by inbreeders from the west.

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

Please Nigerians can you tell me what they teach children at school these days? This is embarrassing!
But most of them are people I know very well outside nairaland.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
@BigFrancis21, are you a learner?? Why quoting everything??
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

Please Nigerians can you tell me what they teach children at school these days? This is embarrassing!
shut up,you morønic son of a nobody.
Stop dabbling into stuff beyond your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Last i checked his 2nd commanding officer was still there. His leading fighters were still there fighting for the people. A coward is the one that saw the war through the eyes of going after children, women and non military army men than the military men. Aka Awolowo and Adekunle

When he was leaving, he informed the biafrans to end the war. He left because there were many seeking for his assaination. He left to fight another day or in this case to laugh at the faces of his attackers, which he did multiple times. I rather have that than a Coward that took his own life even without a single shot to defend himself. THAT IS THE ULTIMATE COWARDNESS. Which awolowo perfected.

First unable to support his stupid1ty to nnenna.1question, now making another ridiculous claim he can't support. Ojukwu went to court several times to reclaim his property. He got hit the most with the 20 pounds saga and abandoned property saga. Why do you think the man had to.rebuild everything from scratch despite his father once being a billionaire. Seriously? I forgot i stopped engaging you for a reason. The screws are not all there

AWOLOWO IS THE WORST FORM OF COWARD EVER BORN. If in doubt ask his wife he left to suffer[/size]

Fixed and I know. I was the one that told you this remember

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

Teach in school or what Oga teach you in Alaba while selling markate

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:

I know all these people too I can confirm thy are Yorubas with tribal marks Lineage of Oduduwa

Alj harem is Ibo from Nnewi
Segun oshogbo is Yoruba from osogbo
Adejoro is Yoruba from Ilesha
Tosin7 is Yoruba from Ibadan
Tomakint is Yoruba from Akure
Tunde Olaniyi is Yoruba from Ekiti
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:

And you expect me me to take your word for it?

Are you 12 years old?

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Does one need to finance and sponsor a coup before supporting it? Or help me understand your logic

So until you see money out of Azikwes account even though he conveniently fled abroad at that time

I am confused. What other means can a politician support a military group?

Your brother said the coup plotters were used and dumped by the politicians. How?

How do these actions you are describing prove support and hidden orchestration by these guys with respect to the coup?

Prove with written or verbal consent/instruction from these guys. Prove to me (with confessions, transcripts, etc) that they wanted the coup to happen,provided guidance on executing the coup, etc.

BTW, your "support" implies that you are incriminating Nkrumah since he also hosted Ifeajuna. Hosting, medical check-up, no direct proof.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

And you expect me me to take your word for it?

Are you 12 years old?
Omonuan and Ogbuefi are my friends and are still till now. I know them very well and they do know me. I know their roots and they know my roots. Am not Ika but through them, I have known Ika very well.
Forget nairaland, some of us here are friends outside nairaland.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok!

Ogbuefi is Yoruba from Akure
Omonuan is Yoruba from Benin
Ezeagu is Yoruba from Osogbo
Altruth is Yoruba from Idanre
Manny4 life is from Oyo
even Mummy Osisi is just pretending, I know her very well, she is from Ibadan grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Look- quit playing holy since you did not provide concrete documented evidence for the names and place of origin for your list either.

dayokanu:

In the thread you posted highlight anywhere Vanguard is mentioned

Its just a post from a yahoo group that you are referencing on here? and you expect ppl to take you seriously?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
I am confused. What other means can a politician support a military group?

Your brother said the coup plotters were used and dumped by the politicians. How?

How do these actions you are describing prove support and hidden orchestration by these guys with respect to the coup?

Prove with written or verbal consent/instruction from these guys. Prove to me (with confessions, transcripts, etc) that they wanted the coup to happen,provided guidance on executing the coup, etc.

BTW, your "support" implies that you are incriminating Nkrumah since he also hosted Ifeajuna. Hosting, medical check-up, no direct proof.

Do you have any confession from Hitler that he ordered the killing of Jews

3 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
donphilopus: Guy, stop thinking with your a*nus...
Nitwit
Why are you insulting your master?.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 19, 2013
Midastouch1: Ok!

Ogbuefi is Yoruba from Akure
Omonuan is Yoruba from Benin
Ezeagu is Yoruba from Osogbo
Altruth is Yoruba from Idanre
Manny4 life is from Oyo
even Mummy Osisi is just pretending, I know her very well, she is from Ibadan grin grin grin grin
LOL! grin

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
For the sake of clarification;
Most ika people accept and embrace their igbo ethnity under the anioma assemblage.
Though a few communities here and there still object to being igbo due to long-term ignorance and/or the benin influence.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by bigfrancis21: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Solomon and DonPhilopous,

Please let's keep the thread professional in here. Thanks.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 12:03am On Oct 19, 2013
solomon111: For the sake of clarification;
Most ika people accept and embrace their igbo ethnity under the anioma assemblage.
Though a few communities here and there still object to being igbo due to long-term ignorance and/or the benin influence.
Thats it. Berem read this post from a son of the soil.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 12:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Why are you insulting your master?.
SMH for you...
You want to pledge loyalty to him again?? What a big slave??
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 12:06am On Oct 19, 2013
berem: This thread is not about me. It will be good if you stick to the topic and avoid making me the topic of discussion. I am an Igbo woman from Orlu in Imo State. If I go contrary to your perception doesn't make me lesser Igbo or from another ethnic group. The earlier you get it in your brain that I am a full fledged Igbo girl,the better for you. angry

Berem, you being igbo is as doubtful. I've seen you join hands with the yoruba to ridicule igbo on threads that turn into igbo vs. yoruba threads. I've seen you on NL flirting/speaking sexual nature to known yoruba bigots. I've seen you accept things that's anti igbo and I've seen you turn a thread into an igbo vs. igbo and I've seen you attack other igbo groups, specifically anambra. It's not your view about APC, you are entitled to that. After all Agbaworo is just like ypu on that and noone doubts his ethnicity. You being igbo is plausible and being non igbo pretending to be igbo is very much plausible as well. I can't say I'm 100 % sure what your ethnicity is but I'm intrigued enough to try to figure it out. Carry on, I'm just watching

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Yoruba People Please I Need The Lords Prayer Translated: Ejo E Ronmilowo / Emir Sanusi Sacks 2 Traditional Rulers In Kano / Yoruba People And Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.