Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad (16709 Views)

Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents / See Konji: Couple Jailed For Having Sex At The Back Of Taxi / Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by NewsINigeria(m): 3:56am On Oct 19, 2013
[img]http://oodera.com/wp-content/themes/oodera/themify/img.php?src=http://oodera.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/article-0-0234B6B400000578-996_306x423.jpg&w=500&h=[/img]

A young Chinese couple are facing many years in jail after allegedly selling their baby daughter to raise money for an iPhone and other luxury goods.

The couple, identified only as Miss Zhang and Mr Teng, are said to have placed anonymous advertisements in newspapers suggesting they would be willing to part with their baby – unborn at that stage – in exchange for 50,000 yuan (about £5,000).

Police in Shanghai have charged the couple with human trafficking after accepting money for the baby, who was born at home and still only weeks, or months old, when sold.

Having received the money, which was deposited in their bank account, the couple went out on a spending spree, using part of the proceeds to buy an iPhone and trainers, Daily Mail reports. The unemployed couple, who have two other children, were also accused of using the money to purchase a number of luxury goods.

In an attempt to hide that they were behind the sale of a child, the couple tried to conceal the fact that Miss Zhang was pregnant and she had even gone to the length of giving birth at home.

They are said to have told neighbours that the baby bump during Miss Zhang’s pregnancy was a tumour.

They are understood to have told prosecutors that they were acting in their daughter’s best interests, claiming they had hoped to find a home for her with a financially stable family who would be able to provide her with an eduction. But prosecutors said they believed the couple’s bank records show they had hatched a ‘sinister conspiracy’ to profit from the sale of the baby.

IPhones are a sought-after commodity in China and only last year seven people were jailed in Hunan province for their role in the purchase of a kidney from a teenage boy, who used the money to buy an iPhone and an iPad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465820/Couple-China-sell-baby-daughter-5-000-buy-iPhone.html
http://newsinigeria..com/2013/10/couple-sentenced-for-selling-their-baby.htm
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Chazzyboy: 6:14am On Oct 19, 2013
Nawaooo
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Danhumprey: 6:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Poverty is a biatch! All because of Iphones and Ipad,people could go to the extent of selling human beings and body parts??

Well,coming from China,I ain't surprised. Anything can happen there.
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by rquest: 9:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Am jus wondering what would happen when ipad 10 comes out.den people would start selling themselves to get it.technology has done more harm than help
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Decapo: 9:53am On Oct 23, 2013
What is the title of the movie?
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Arrosoft: 9:54am On Oct 23, 2013
Oga oo, speechlessssssssssssssssssss
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by TEEBEE12(m): 9:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Then! Wat happen next?
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by delpharm(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2013
Babanla end time...

5 Likes

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Sermwell(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm!!!

This is super story.....LIFE OF TRY AND BORROW!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

*Quoting sexymomma*

2 Likes

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Seanixking: 9:57am On Oct 23, 2013
(sipping my alomo wit kilishi).......wat r de talkin sef baby 4 an ipad...hmm i beta sell my joystick 4 nokia 3310.... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by sexymoma(f): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Shey the ipad wan download money ni abi food
some people sha.
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Adex097: 9:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Seanixking: (sipping my alomo wit kilishi).......wat r de talkin sef baby 4 an ipad... hmm i beta sell my joystick 4 nokia 3310 .... lipsrsealed
Is your joystick that worthless and valueless

5 Likes

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by princechinedu(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
This is hilarious..stupidity of the highest order..act of man's unending wickedness, crime against humanity, crime against an infant, crime against the whole children unborn everywhere in the world.. I hereby sentence the couple to 14years imprisonment and they both be confined in separate solitary cells... Court rise..
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
I refuse to envy Iphones users.........#TeamTecno

1 Like

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by lanightdavido(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
O boi....I can't stop laffin...same thing my parent did to me jst for my brother jamb form then..tnx God for obama redeemin me back,now u see me on nairaland...and dat my bros sef don turn yahoo,but make we sha dy tnx God sha
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Ennyhollar(f): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
Oga ooo because of iphone and an ipad
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by fuckfuckman(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
--

4 Likes

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by homesteady(m): 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
ThankGOD she didn't kill the baby or flush the baby like how other Chinese women do to their babies
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Seanixking: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
Adex097:
Is your joystick that worthless and valueless
anytin 4 technology bro....wait o,r u a learner
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Hei See Gobe,Wetin be human life compared with I-pad,Smh....Technology n Money
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by faradexs09(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2013
What cant Nigerians do for money,they can sell der kidney,liver,etc mm but selling ur baby for an ipad wat a poverty striken Nation
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by ichommy(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2013
Jesus is Lord

1 Like

Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by faradexs09(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Chai I for fear,na chinko pple sha,i cover eye wid blanket b4,make i go use eye drop....ASUU strike!!!!
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Crazy
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2013
anytin wey u do.dey must talk.atleast she is beta dan all these naija gals wey go abort pikin do body like virgin
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by 50calibre(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2013
China is really becoming synonymous with weird stories.
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by xclusive43(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2013
ipad get value more than their child be dat...
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Adex097: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Seanixking: anytin 4 technology bro....wait o,r u a learner
S.M.H cry cry
Re: Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad by Wizdray: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moon Landing Today: US Clinches First Touchdown In 50 Years / What Are The Direct Implications Of Coup In Africa To The Rest Of Africa? / US And UK Carry Out Strikes Against Iran-Backed Houthis In Yemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.