Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:00 AM

Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. (11589 Views)

Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband / Couple Jailed For Selling Their Baby For An Ipad / Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by tripledub: 5:47pm On May 17, 2013
I just heard this on a talk show in Vibe Fm, Benin city. Can someone please confirm this. Its so weird to know that the united states values the life of an animal to this extent.
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 17, 2013
Ehhh... Wey we de shop for here lipsrsealed
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by JeSoul(f): 6:59pm On May 17, 2013
Its true. He was convicted of breaking into a zoo, attempting to steal the monkey, then beating it to death when it bit him.

Idaho man sentenced to seven years for killing zoo monkey
Michael Watkins, 22, pleaded guilty to breaking into a Boise zoo last year and beating a monkey to death. Authorities said Watkins was trying to steal the Patas money when it bit him.

An Idaho man who admitted to breaking into a Boise zoo last year and killing a monkey was sentenced to seven years in prison on Thursday, court records show.

Michael Watkins, 22, of Weiser, Idaho, in March pleaded guilty to attempted grand theft, a felony, and misdemeanor animal cruelty stemming from the break-in and beating death of the monkey at Zoo Boise in November.

The primate was one of the zoo's two Patas monkeys, ground-dwelling animals from Africa that stand more than 2 feet tall and weigh about 35 pounds. They are rare in zoos but not endangered in the wild.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-sentenced-years-killing-zoo-monkey-article-1.1346823

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 17, 2013
JeSoul: Its true. He was convicted of breaking into a zoo, attempting to steal the monkey, then beating it to death when it bit him.

Good!!

Jail him

Put the monster away

Who does he think he is killing an helpless animal?

I was going to say "children of nowadays", but the monster is a 22-years old man. ah! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 17, 2013
tripledub: I just heard this on a talk show in Vibe Fm, Benin city. Can someone please confirm this. Its so weird to know that the united states values the life of an animal to this extent.

That's why I love the good ol USA!!

We value the life of any organism that contributes to the existence and nourishment of this earth.

Thank you!

I've cried so many times watching shows like "Animal Cops" and "Pit Bulls and Parolees" on Animal Planet?

People are just devious and evil...some things they do to innocent animals are just despicable! angry angry angry
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2013
Here in Nigeria, humans are killed and the culprits go scot free.

5 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by WIZGUY69(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2013
undecided wetin him say d monkey do ma nw? Anywaw 4 naija u fit eat monkey soup anyaw u like..rat nah meat, dove nah meat, lizard d same thing....

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 18, 2013
I Love My Country.. #Nigeria grin
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Freiburger(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Here in Nigeria, humans are killed and the culprits go scot free.
In other words, killing a monkey in Nigeria is no big deal abi?
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by vedd: 3:27pm On May 18, 2013
No doubts about his race. Wetin dem wan givam shop for prison? Na only vegetables?
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

That's why I love the good ol USA!!

We value the life of any organism that contributes to the existence and nourishment of this earth.

Thank you!

I've cried so many times watching shows like "Animal Cops" and "Pit Bulls and Parolees" on Animal Planet?

People are just devious and evil...some things they do to innocent animals are just despicable! angry angry angry

Omo Texas bawo?
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On May 18, 2013
Freiburger:
In other words, killing a monkey in Nigeria is no big deal abi?
No be for this country people dey chop dog meat? Here, every living thing has the right to kill and be killed.

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by kwajahafiz(m): 3:29pm On May 18, 2013
tripledub: I just heard this on a talk show in Vibe Fm, Benin city. Can someone please confirm this. Its so weird to know that the united states values the life of an animal to this extent.

Nigeria and most of its indigines are still existing in the dark ages...Animals, no matter how exotic is still regarded as bushmeat.
In advanced countries cruelty to Animals is a grave offence. In America if ur dog, tethered in your own back yard does not get adequate food, and water and a protective shed over its head, ur most likely will be brought up on charges of Animal cruelty. and most likely it will be ur neighnours that tipped off the Animal police, and yes there are Animal police in most advanced countries.
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Here in Nigeria, humans are killed and the culprits go scot free.
in usa, humans are killed and the culprits go Scot free

5 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by AlyricistLaura: 3:30pm On May 18, 2013
Too much cracka blood in a niqqah veins will make a Black Man Crazy......

His name "Watkins" so you know he is a niqqa..........

Is that not a disturbing looking individual?

You start mixing this blood around and you will pop up with some really Heinous Human Genetic Cocktails
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by honeric01(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2013
The judge is a vegetarian abi?

you can't kill a monkey but you can kill rats, cockroaches, fishes, chicken, turkeys, pigs e.t.c?

5 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 18, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Omo Texas bawo?

embarassed

seriously tho, what makes a ngga break into a zoo to kill a helpless animal?

The monkey is prolly more educated than him, no doubt.
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by zolajpower: 3:34pm On May 18, 2013
what if an ondo or calarbar man kill dog(404)nko? i wonder how many years jail terms that will attract
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by honeric01(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

embarassed

It's even inhuman and unnatural to keep animals in the zoo instead of the natural habitation which is in the wild.

5 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 18, 2013
honeric01: The judge is a vegetarian abi?

you can't kill a monkey but you can kill rats, cockroaches, fishes, chicken, turkeys, pigs e.t.c?

First of all, the monkey was secured in a gov funded zoo, kept away from retarded public delinquent like the suspect.

Suspect broke into a freaking zoo to kidnap the monkey, beat the monkey up till it died.

Thats a crime.
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 18, 2013
nonsense justice system

you can kill cow and chicken
but you cant kill monkey . what is the differnce between cow and monkey

bloody americans

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by honeric01(m): 3:36pm On May 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

First of all, the monkey was secured in a gov funded zoo, kept away from retarded public delinquent like the suspect.

Suspect broke into a freaking zoo to kidnap the monkey, beat the monkey up till it died.

Thats a crime.

Are monkeys and other animals in the zoo more "important" to humanity than the ones people kill daily without anyone blinking an eye?
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by knockturnal(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2013
Silly boy
Silly zoo
Silly monkey
Silly system
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by AlyricistLaura: 3:38pm On May 18, 2013
Humans should not be killing or eating any animals period...

What type of savage eats a four legged animal...

Ill give the fish and the bird eaters a pass..

But if you are eating a 4 Legged beast , then you are some sort of subhuman slime

Only Uncivilized Folk Eat Animals.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 18, 2013
honeric01:

It's even inhuman and unnatural to keep animals in the zoo instead of the natural habitation which is in the wild.
100000000000 likes

5 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 18, 2013
honeric01:

Some animals are better kept in zoos to preserve their existence (endangered species)

While others are kept for education purposes in a well-cared for facilities.

I understand what you mean, but the suspect is guilty of killing another living organism in an unjust manner.

The fact that he can do that to a helpless animal shows that he won't hesitate to kill a human being If opportunity is provided

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by kwajahafiz(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Too much cracka blood in a niqqah veins will make a Black Man Crazy......

His name "Watkins" so you know he is a niqqa..........

Is that not a disturbing looking individual?

You start mixing this blood around and you will pop up with some really Heinous Human Genetic Cocktails

what are you bro, Hitler?.
you against race mixing and all...dang nigga chill.
watson by the way has more white folks going with that name than are blacks..its a common white name in the southwest of the united states bro...and again take a good look. that cat up there in that pic is not a black man. when whites wear shaven head, they often look as if missed with brown. and all brown aint black....meditereanean, some parts of europe, india, even china all have brown.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by theripper2: 3:41pm On May 18, 2013
Nitori Obo lasan. The nigga was probably hungry and saw meat where other people saw wild-life.
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:44pm On May 18, 2013
kill the man and the zoo keepers. playing with the innocent animals life. blood baboons.

so many African animals are caged abroad and no one does anything! angry angry angry angry

so many African lions are kidnapped and sold in markets abroad as pets, especially in the Middle-East. kill them all! angry
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

embarassed

This one is actually not that bad..if I tell you some of the things ive seen sick people done to animals.....you wont eat for a day......some of them are still sitting in prison.....I went to a call where the owner was making his dogs eat each other...it was disgusting..too graphic for news.
Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 18, 2013
honeric01:

Are monkeys and other animals in the zoo more "important" to humanity than the ones people kill daily without anyone blinking an eye?

Is that the way you're seeing this crime? A hierarchy of importance?

Next thing you know, you'll be categorizing unjust MURDER of rich from poor in level of importance.

Then by race and color.

Animal or human, breaking into a locked facility with an intention to fatality harm an unarmed individual is a crime. Period.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 18, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

This one is actually not that bad..if I tell you some of the things ive seen sick people done to animals.....you wont eat for a day......some of them are still sitting in prison.....I went to a call where the owner was making his dogs eat each other...it was disgusting..too graphic for news.

Trust me, mo moh.

Mo maa n wo that Texas animal police patrol.

They're one of my favorite men on uniform.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghana Bans Public Officials From Travelling First Class / Why Is London Burning? / US Blacklists Chinese Biotech Groups Over Repression Of Uyghurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.