Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109906 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by CodeineJunkiee(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
This is a mug not a cup. Lol
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Pyroxene: 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remember D̶̲̥̅̊ foolish she goat and D̶̲̥̅̊ ever interesting stories of gandoki and habama, gandoki in D̶̲̥̅̊ land of D̶̲̥̅̊ jinn.... Kai walahi I enjoyed those days and some french books too... Mon livre des francias....... Ohlala

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by nwokeomayola(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
agbo, mr nwosu and two daughters and fur sns, bina, eze goes to school, edet lives in calabar, tolu
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
missvirgorick: Others: Chief Koko's bicycle.
Folake and her four brothers.
One good turn deserves another.
come ooo did we attend the same primary school?all these books you listed is the same thing I wanted to write
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Confusion: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Please i cant remember which class was this but i still sing it sometimes

Old roger is dead and gone to his grave
ho ha gone to his grave
they planted a mango tree over his head
ho ha over his head
mango tree grew ride and fell on the ground
ho ha fell on the ground
an old woman came by to pick them all up
ho ha pick them all up
old roger woke up and gave her a knock
ho ha gave her a knock

i hope i got it
how time fliessssssss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Pyroxene: 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=delors]I am Gandoki! The father of Garba!
Gandoki the war chief of muslims...I live a charmed life!

Walahi u have a sharp memory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by sashx(m): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Gandoki was a great war chief who live in nothern Nig. He live a long nd glorious lyfm He luvs fighting. Wherever there is trouble Gandoki was dia. Whreva dia is a victory feast, he was dia. His encounter with Durungun Hambama. Nd Edet went 2 a new sch, it has big classrooms nd a metal roof. Edet lives in calabar. It rains a lot in calabar. Frm march 2 September, the rain is very heavy. Remember: Rain rain go away, come again anoda day we want 2 stay outside nd play. Mehn, dos Wia d days. Eze goes 2 sch, Things fall apart, passport of M. Iliya etc etc. Den d macmillan series: Ali? Nd Ngozi. Mehn, childhood was fun den.

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by moststylish(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
my fathers car,Eze goes to school,so priceless
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Lacomb(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
the red bicycle, the foolish farmer who went to the chief to borrow a piece of land with the agreement that the in the first year the chief takes what grows above the soil, the magic needle, the old man the chief sent to deliver a lettet in another village, who keeps asking who owns everything.

kaywhynoni: Mr and Mrs BAKO, ALADE and BIOLA.......pry 5 and 6.........ALI and the angel's house, pry 4........Mr GIWA is a shop keeper in pry 3

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Miner13: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lol!!!
I remeba dis 1dafu poem
Happiness is goin 2 skul
2 read her buk nd pass exam
she's mitin frnd 2 play wit dem
happiness at skul nd hom.
Hmmmm! Our class tisa. Mr Balogun we nw said *ekawe yin eyin omo*
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by francisbiz: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nonso23: Edet in calabar pry 2. Wakama (i hope i got the spelling right) and emeka who were athletes in their school pry4.
I can't help but remember Audu (pry1) who wanted to get a bush rat he forgot in their farm; late in the night when he and his father were halfway home already. Mehn that part where he saw the old man with a load who called him for help was our CLASSIC HORROR STORY then in school...
*The good old days*
Edet was primary 3 not 2.
"Edet is eight years. He lives in Calabar with his parents, Mr and Mrs Bassey."
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by yerima11: 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
The story of Mai Idris Aloma and the story of Ada and Nneka that went to block a boy, then heavy downpuor held them.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by hrykanu231(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Afunkybaby: this brings back a lot of memories, i smiled when i open this thread, remember solomon grandy, born on monday, lolz, and this one please who can start this song for me, i have forgotten part of the song, ................. They planted a mango seed over her head, uhm ha over her head, the mango grew ripe, uhm ha ready to drop, ready to drop, lolz, what about ade our naughty little brother who wanted to be superman, the lost boy e.t.c

Old Rogger tynz, noni
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by rmaubsiau(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
e be like say i no even fit remember one story oh :-S , OH BOY i dull oh
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Adedayolayo(f): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
We used 'straight for English' series. The one I enjoyed most is that of book five (the story teller) ; Hassan and Ado-cheating does not pay, how the hare got its long tail, a story that lasts for more than a week-locusts , Toma and Tani

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by francisbiz: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
I like Edet is eight years old - Primary-3.
But I think Agbo Malaika lives in the town of Lagoon which is not far from Ibadan. -Primary-4 is more memorable.
But I still remember Ugo and Eki of primary -1.
IN IGBO IT IS CERTAINLY,
"AKA BEKE GBUO ... "
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Cestmoi1(f): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
princesa: Good old days mehn! *nostalgic* cheesy

I remember Agbo, Wakama, Mr. NWosu and his two daughters, Mike and his girlfriend, Simbi and Ali, Eze...

Then, the literatures: without a silver spoon, sugar girl, Ade our naughty little brother, Tesa (sweet mother), Eze goes to school, Koku Baboni, Ige Adubi (the vineyard), Chike and the river etc...

There are so much that am dying of nostalgia now.sad

But years later guys...

Simbi is now in Italy doing lipsrsealed
Eze is now a businessman in Main market, Onitsha
Ali should be a father by now
Tesa is happily married with children
Agbo has gone out to seek greener pastures...
Chike owns a big hospital in Abuja
Ade now scolds his naughty sons

because No time again! cool
Nice one.....I can only remember 'without a silver spoon',it had an orange cover,'Koku baboni' and 'Sugar girl'.Good old days.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Sike(m): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
How time flies! smiley
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Adekay2011: 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
Days. Of Ali and the angel. Mr Bako. Travel to ibadan Benin much adopted about nothing. Weep not child! Etc
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by francisbiz: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
Chimoski87: Most people here are not getting the real deal. Have you all forgotten " Ghandoki" the warrior & fighter? You guys need to go to school during my own time

GHANDOKI WAS ON A HORSE AS HE STABBED AN ENEMY WHO WAS ON THE GROUND. I think it should be primary 5.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Pat4lyf: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ali&simbi, edet goes 2 calabar
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by trendiitee(f): 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
I rememba koku baboni,witout a silver spoon and ralia d sugar girl, dat was ♍γ̲̣̣̥ best......fEelin nostalgic
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by francisbiz: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
elrony:

Lol go sleep joor...old roger na for kindergarten na grin
Na lie, no be only kindergarten, e also dey for macmillian primay - 3 or 4.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by benpuzzy(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Rapmoney: Sometimes we tend to drift away to way back...primary school days when you would be called out by the class teacher to read a passage from the English text.

Some stories would still be fresh in your memory. I believe every generation has its time. For those that were of the classes of the 80's to early 90's when English primary books such as Mc Milian and Oxford were still commonly used, I hail una well well! I can't easily forget stories like Agbo, the son of Mr Malaika who live in the town of Lagoon, close to Ibadan (we shouldn't forget that his father gave him a wrist watch which he was very proud of) or Obi and Nneka who joined Boys Scout and Girls Guide respectively and were in primary six.

pls post yours jooor....

U guys have easily forgotten of Mr. Giwa the shop keeper, he has a Shop in Lawal's Village.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by joshneku: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Who remembers "Gandoki was a great war chief who lived in northern Nigeria. He loves fighting. Everywhere there was war he was there ..."

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by topas100(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
I used nationvide english-about KONKI AND TINKA and brighter grammar

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by topas100(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
oniwo: Tinker and Konky from primary 1 to primary 6
did u attend loral
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
proevan:

It was bush pig jor and see people liking the post, except it was modified during your time. undecided
A bush pig is the same thing as a boar.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by zaliya(f): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
ADE, OUR NAUGHTY LITTLE BROTHER!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by since1914(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
unmask: oxford book 5 and 6....mr bako and his family's travel round Nigeria.....that was my best taught me a lot about Nigeria right from my desk....learnt the word terminus there......

As for literature...chike and the river (smog tins), ifeanyi and obi, an african nights tale (abu), the slave boy(shettima so loved this book), without a silver spoon (should hold the record for my most read).........

I practically read everthing that had a story in it even books my aunt and uncle used (one with jemima loses her temper).......

Oxford was also my best even though my school at that time used only Macmillian textbooks. I got the Oxford textbooks from my neighbours and read it from end to end. And I was always day dreaming about the trip Mr. Bako and his family made around the country smiley .

I also liked the 'Boy Slave, which was our literature textbook in JSS 1. We even nicknamed our class bully `Matamba, and if he heard you call him that, he will then pounce on you just like the character in the book.

I also liked African Night Entertainment- it had characters like Malam Abubaki, Zainobe and Kyauta.

Just like you, I also read everything I came across. From 'Peter & Jane' (Ladybird books) to pacesetters, in fact whenever I ran out of novels, I would simply open the bible and start reading the old testament war stories like a story book.

wow! what a flood of nostalgia...I miss those good days.

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by moewuro(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
;DLiterature books lik.sizwe bansi is dead,trial of jimmy johnson..ud ole daysg
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nonso23: Edet in calabar pry 2. Wakama (i hope i got the spelling right) and emeka who were athletes in their school pry4.
I can't help but remember Audu (pry1) who wanted to get a bush rat he forgot in their farm; late in the night when he and his father were halfway home already. Mehn that part where he saw the old man with a load who called him for help was our CLASSIC HORROR STORY then in school...
*The good old days*
how u made da day,man....good old time we had back then n "Edet is eight years old" is actually pry3 n tha was when moi became a reading n spelling dexter..."Ali n Simbi" is pry2....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.