Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? (547 Views)

Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend / Whose Forum Signature Do You Like Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Macuberry(m): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
A signature (from Latin: signare, "to
sign"wink is a handwritten (and often
stylized) depiction of someone's
name, nickname, or even a simple
"X" or other mark that a person
writes on documents as a proof of
identity and intent. But it seems that on nairaland signature means something else. Most persons (I don't knw if its delibrate or out of ignorance) mistake it for "favourite quote". This isn't facebook abeg. I'd rather you don't write anything there than ignorantly write "wise saying" (in most cases). Wise up.
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Lovetinz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
angry angry angry
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
@OP
the signature on NL is whatever represent that person, whatever that person stands by, however that person wants to be represented..... unless of course, you expect people to write their full names, duh!

signature, in this instance, is more like when you say someone has a "signature" move or a "signature" style.

1 Like

Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Macuberry(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
Is that UR own definition of signature or the english definition? I wanna knw.
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Macuberry: Is that UR own definition of signature or the english definition? I wanna knw.
Nairalanders defination, now shift. angry
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Macuberry(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
Typical of nigerians.
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
Macuberry: Is that UR own definition of signature or the english definition? I wanna knw.

if you had taken the time to read the WHOLE definition that you copied from Wiki, then you would have also read the following: Similar to a handwritten signature, a signature work describes the work as readily identifying its creator.

so again, a signature can be anything that portrays the person, or that this person feels represents them..

1 Like

Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Macuberry: Typical of nigerians.
you wish. tongue
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Macuberry(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
How does a "popular wise saying" define who you are?
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by EzePromoe: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Pointless
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 20, 2013
Totally meaningless!! The Op must be a 2yr old or his brain cells are damaged extensively
Re: Signature: Nairaland Trend Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 20, 2013
And your signature.....?

(1) (Reply)

Olunloyo Loses Mum, Burial Holds Today •obasanjo, Ajimobi Mourn / Nigerian man murdered boy of 3 after He Wet The Bed / ‘my Story’: By A Forced Bride Of Boko Haram Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.