Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? (603 Views)

Maiduguri Sunday Explosions, Routine Equipment Testing – Army / Goosebumps When Praying - Definition Pls. / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
MOGs in the house...what happens when you keep praying/going to church day after day for weeks and months and years to the extent that praying just becomes a mere routine to you (cos you are so used to it)...does it (the prayer) still have any value or potency left in it...is it still useful?
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by Eebrahym(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Silly question that need a silly answer angry
However I won't give u a silly answer

what happens when you keep
Eating day after day for weeks and months and
years to the extent that eating just becomes a
mere routine to you (cos you are so used to
it)...does it (the food) still have any value or
potency left in it...is it still useful?
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
^^^are you hungry or something? What's d relationship between food and what I asked
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by Suzie0(f): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
A prayer is and will remain effective as long as it was said with an uninterupted faith and full devotion.
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by ayoku777(m): 4:54am On Oct 20, 2013
blogger1.0:
MOGs in the house...what happens when you keep praying/going to church day after day for weeks and months and years to the extent that praying just becomes a mere routine to you (cos you are so used to it)...does it (the prayer) still have any value or potency left in it...is it still useful?

Coming into God's presence can never become ineffective. No matter how frequently you do it.

Routine simply means something you do repeatedly, that doesn't make the thing become ineffective.

I brush, shave and bathe daily for years now, it has become a routine but has never become ineffective. If i don't do it, i get uncomfortable.

I believe the same applies to the word, prayer and fasting. Making them a routine can't make them ineffective. Infact they need to become a routine, for you to stay spiritually healthy.

1 Like

Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by nikkypearl(f): 5:09am On Oct 20, 2013
2Thessalonians 5.17 says..'pray without ceasing'
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by Eebrahym(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2013
nikkypearl: 2Thessalonians 5.17 says..'pray without ceasing'

4 Types Of Christians On Nairaland by
Logicboy03, Number 3 refers grin
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by tpia5: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pray without ceasing but at the same time do not mock God with your lifestyle.
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
op, I know what you mean but the question is "was it ever effective?"
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Eebrahym: Silly question that need a silly answer angry

If you eat the same thing, I assure you you'll get tired of it and your body might even start rejecting it thus making it not only inefficient but lethal.
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by tpia5: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2013

its better to not confuse a journey with a destination.

the two are different.

if you dont eat certain set types of foods, you suffer from lack of nutrients, fall sick and die.

there is no variance or shadow of turning and thats why its called "balanced diet".

its not balanced if you just throw random assortment together without considering if it can sustain your body. You go just dey malnourished from empty calories of variety.
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2013

Wanking day after day for weeks and months and
years to the extent that wanking just becomes a
it)...does it (the dick) still have any value or

Fixed it for ya.
Re: When Praying Daily Becomes A Mere Routine - Are They Still Effective? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^^now you are one very sick Alfa...lol

(1) (Reply)

Is Free Internet Browsing A Sin? / Nairaland Back From The Valley Of The Dry Bones! / Is Revelation 9:15-18 Taking Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.