Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242635 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by kayjegs: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Cool
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Opengates(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ZinoFego: Please for how long does it takes Joomla to install. I have tried several times and it keeps on installing for hours unending until I stopped and restart yet it is still the same story.

What do you suggest I do at this point?

Thank you.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Mattex001(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Good work sir
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by templeinyou(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
after downloading will it appear or have a short cut like other software on the desktop?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice reference tinz
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice one OP.

2. Upload all your localhost website files to
your online website using FTP.
Using an FTP program such as Filezilla,
upload all your website files to the
public_html folder in your online website.

I just downloaded the Filezilla thing, please how do I use it to upload the localhost?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Sambar(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
I nid d ebook 2 stemitope370@gmail.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by MightyFortress: 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Cool.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Aydesmond(m): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
actually i used joomla for my bulk sms website
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Evansades(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
You are doing a good job sir, pls what's the next step?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by abbey37(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
following
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eskahy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
sir is that all pls hlp me complete the xplanation in a short form
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eskahy(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
sir pls God's sake send me d e-book in >>>> sheriffkassim@gmail.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eskahy(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
sir pls 4 God's sake send me d e-book in >>>> sheriffkassim@gmail.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sammybrainy(m): 1:36am On Jan 05, 2014
53cur3m0d3: Thank God I downloaded all other stacks together just to avoid gbege. The Ampps didn't work so I uninstalled it, and so did the Wamp but the Xampp 3.2.1 was my saving grace.
For Xampp users, to create database and install Joomla, use this link, it helped me... http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-mar-2013/item/1110-free-e-book-%E2%80%93-introducing-joomla-30-made-easy...
I'm currently installing Joomla as I post and the screenshot is below...
Thanks so much Zino, God bless U... I'll holla U pretty soon so we can talk...
And btw, the installation is taking too long. I've been staring at the installation process for more than 20mins, does it take that long?
Try using Google Chrome

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 2:05am On Jan 05, 2014
@ZinoFego, pls everything worked fine until the Joomla installation point..."the JoomlaTraining" folder in the www subfolder of Ampps folder isn't opening for me to fill in the necessary parameters to proceed with installation. Do pls kindly assist. Tnx
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by bank2k4real(m): 7:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy Sunday....check my signature.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by NobleG1(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2014
ZinoFego: My fellow webmasters,

I want to teach you from the scratch how to develop a website using the most popular CMS_ Joomla.

I accidentally stumbled on Joomla some years ago; a client demanded a site requiring storing and retrieving data. I looked everywhere for who to teach me, I spent some good cash yet there were no results until I met a guy who casually showed me the prospects of Joomla and I learnt it on my own!

You may want to know, on what authority or experience I want to teach Joomla. Well, I've been using Joomla to develop websites for over 5yrs now and within this period; I've done over a hundred websites with Joomla only. During the course of the class, if requested, I'll give URLs of some of the sites I've done with Joomla.

Joomla is quite very easy to learn and deploy. Within 3hrs, you can get a Joomla site moderately running. So you don't need to be an experienced website developer to learn Joomla, newbies can deploy a Joomla site within a day.

Requirements to be in this class? None! Anyone who can read this post here and is willing to learn Joomla, can grasp it.

So lets get started...

Table of Content:

1. Overview of Joomla.
2. Installing Joomla in a few steps
3. A tour of the backend (Administrator Panel)
4. Global Configuration of the backend
5. Creating Content
6. Menus
7. Components
8. Modules
9. Plug-ins
10. Templates
11. User Manager
12. Media Manager
13. Languages
14. SEO & SEF
15. Security

In fact, WordPress is the most popular and easiest CMS.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ademega(m): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2014
Nice teaching . Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2014
Joomla 3.x takes a while to install expecially on your localhost in your computer. But if you are using AMPPS on your comupter, you can run auto install of Joomla or other scripts from your localhost using this URL: http://localhost/ampps or http://localhost:8080/ampps as the case may be.

Opengates: @ZinoFego: Please for how long does it takes Joomla to install. I have tried several times and it keeps on installing for hours unending until I stopped and restart yet it is still the same story.

What do you suggest I do at this point?

Thank you.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:46am On Jan 05, 2014
I was able to compile the class into an eBook and you can DOWNLOAD IT FREE from http://JoomlaExtended.com.

es_kahy: sir is that all pls hlp me complete the xplanation in a short form
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Are you using a live site on the internet? If so, you need the ftp connection details of your domain name, this is usually the Username and Password of your domain name.

If you are using localhost on your computer, then you do not need filezilla to upload your Joomla files. You only need to manually copy the Joomla files into the root folder and run your installation.

Emmyk: Nice one OP.

2. Upload all your localhost website files to
your online website using FTP.
Using an FTP program such as Filezilla,
upload all your website files to the
public_html folder in your online website.

I just downloaded the Filezilla thing, please how do I use it to upload the localhost?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by chiboy429(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2014
Carry on
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:08am On Jan 05, 2014
What did you download?

templeinyou: after downloading will it appear or have a short cut like other software on the desktop?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2014
What error did you get?

eze-best:
@ZinoFego, pls everything worked fine until the Joomla installation point..."the JoomlaTraining" folder in the www subfolder of Ampps folder isn't opening for me to fill in the necessary parameters to proceed with installation. Do pls kindly assist. Tnx
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 11:21am On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks for the timely response bro!...If I click the "JoomlaTraining" folder, I get "Parent Directory" instead of the screenshot you posted. Pls how do I fix this?
ZinoFego: What error did you get?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by GentleFrank(m): 11:22am On Jan 05, 2014
Good. I built my Bulk SMS portal on a Joomla platform and its really nice learning web designing !

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2014
You can use Joomla to create world class websites. The basic/intermidiary is what we are learning here.

In what way do you want to incorporate it into your website?

Jregz: starting from the scratch... help oo
wat can i use joomla for and the basics
can i incorporate in my blog?
sorry for disrupting those thread
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2014
Try this URL: http://localhost/JoomlaTraining or http://localhost:8080/JoomlaTraining as your case may be.

By the way, in which folder is your JoomlaTraining?

eze-best:
Thanks for the timely response bro!...If I click the "JoomlaTraining" folder, I get "Parent Directory" instead of the screenshot you posted. Pls how do I fix this?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2014
subfolder "www" inside "Ampps" folder
ZinoFego: Try this URL: http://localhost/JoomlaTraining or http://localhost:8080/JoomlaTraining as your case may be.

By the way, in which folder is your JoomlaTraining?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2014
Then either of the URLs below should sort you out.

http://localhost/JoomlaTraining or http://localhost:8080/JoomlaTraining as your case may be.

eze-best:
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2014
I have tried both approach and still gets same error message "parent directory"
eze-best:
[img][/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.