Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242642 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2014
What do you get when you type : http://localhost or http://localhost:8080/ on your browser?

eze-best:
I have tried both approach and still gets same error message "parent directory"
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2014
Exactly the screenshot you posted bro; even worked fine to the point of database creation...
ZinoFego: What do you get when you type : http://localhost or http://localhost:8080/ on your browser?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Database creation? I am kinda lost here. Please outline how you got there.

eze-best:
Exactly the screenshot you posted bro; even worked fine to the point of database creation...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Followed your class from the beginning where I downloaded both Joomla and Ampps applications as you instructed. I went on to install tha Ampps app and continue with creating a local server (localhost:80/) because the Apache worked fine without modification; after which you directed we copy the JoomlaTraining folder to the www sub-folder of the Ampps before creating a Database (localhost:80/phpmyadmin)....I did all these; added user, check all necessary boxes...

ZinoFego: Database creation? I am kinda lost here. Please outline how you got there.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
So is your error coming at the point of installation?

eze-best:
Followed your class from the beginning where I downloaded both Joomla and Ampps applications as you instructed. I went on to install tha Ampps app and continue with creating a local server (localhost:80/) because the Apache worked fine without modification; after which you directed we copy the JoomlaTraining folder to the www sub-folder of the Ampps before creating a Database (localhost:80/phpmyadmin)....I did all these; added user, check all necessary boxes...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by PheezyLee(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thumbs up! *rydon
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
Exactly...
ZinoFego: So is your error coming at the point of installation?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please let me see the screenshot of the error.

eze-best:
Exactly...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
I get this once I click "JoomlaTraining"
ZinoFego: Please let me see the screenshot of the error.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by showby: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
The class is slow. It is not moving as expected. I suggest you concentrate more using practical application using Joomla. It looks like we are still setting up Joomla since. Or am I missing something?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ok. Now do this.

1. Redownload a fresh copy of Joomla.
2. Create a new folder into Ampps/www
3. Then run the installation again.

eze-best:
I get this once I click "JoomlaTraining"
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please read from page 0-14 of this thread. We have actually gone a long way.

showby: The class is slow. It is not moving as expected. I suggest you concentrate more using practical application using Joomla. It looks like we are still setting up Joomla since. Or am I missing something?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
You're the bomb bro! A great and patient teacher indeed, I have seen where I missed it, didn't download an extractor and also never extracted the Joomla files. I just did that now and got the required result. Thanks man!
ZinoFego: Ok. Now do this.

1. Redownload a fresh copy of Joomla.
2. Create a new folder into Ampps/www
3. Then run the installation again.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
Waoh, that's great. Enjoy your website.

eze-best:
You're the bomb bro! A great and patient teacher indeed, I have seen where I missed it, didn't download an extractor and also never extracted the Joomla files. I just did that now and got the required result. Thanks man!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Tnx man!, pls I am at database configuration, how do I check all the values i have entered before proceed to overview?
ZinoFego: Waoh, that's great. Enjoy your website.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Wislet(f): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Saved for later.
Thanks OP.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Joomla will automatically check all values for you, if there are errors, you must correct them before moving to the next step.

eze-best:
Tnx man!, pls I am at database configuration, how do I check all the values i have entered before proceed to overview?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alright, already installing but it's taken decades to do that...lol
ZinoFego: Joomla will automatically check all values for you, if there are errors, you must correct them before moving to the next step.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yeah, but it will surely complete. You may use Google Chrome, if it takes too long in the other browsers.

eze-best:
Alright, already installing but it's taken decades to do that...lol
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ok Boss, but can I install concurrently using firefox and chrome?....Hmmm, already testrunning ooo; to go with the one that finishes first.
ZinoFego: Yeah, but it will surely complete. You may use Google Chrome, if it takes too long in the other browsers.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yeah....but a different website entirely. Because if you are installing the same website in two browsers, when one finishes, the other will give error.

eze-best:
Ok Boss, but can I install concurrently using firefox and chrome?....Hmmm, already testrunning ooo; to go with the one that finishes first.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Site you mean should the "site name field we filled"? But hope the error will not affect the completed installation sha?
ZinoFego: Yeah....but a different site entirely. Because if you are installing the same site in two browsers, when one finishes, the other will give error.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
I mean website. The error won't affect the completely installed website.

eze-best:
Site you mean should the "site name field we filled"? But hope the error will not affect the completed installation sha?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Abeg ooo, this stuff is not installing...it's been static for more than an hour; and pls hope it can install offline?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
I had this same issue with my first installation of Joomla 3.1, I had to try several times before the installation was able to complete. Though subsequent ones didn't give a problem.

Alternatively, since you are using AMPPS, please use the steps below to auto-install Joomla using Softaculous.

1. Enter http://localhost/ampps
2. Click Portals/CMS
3. Click Joomla
4. Click Install
5. Enter the required parameters
6. Click Install.

I hope that will help.

eze-best:
Abeg ooo, this stuff is not installing...it's been static for more than an hour; and pls hope it can install offline?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
It's launching a blank page bros...
ZinoFego: I had this same issue with my first installation of Joomla 3.1, I had to try several times before the installation was able to complete. Though subsequent ones didn't give a problem.

Alternatively, since you are using AMPPS, please use the steps below to auto-install Joomla using Softaculous.

1. Enter http://localhost/ampps
2. Click Portals/CMS
3. Click Joomla
4. Click Install
5. Enter the required parameters
6. Click Install.

I hope that will help.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
What is your Localhost URL?

eze-best:
It's launching a blank page bros...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by dorange(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hey nice class man..but me am not into joomla now.....am sure most of you av nt heard of elgg....if u want to build a social website lyk Facebook u can make use of elgg....it's an open source software and very easy to install....u will definately love it......
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
localhost:80
ZinoFego: What is your Localhost URL?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Then use: http://localhost:80/ampps

eze-best:
localhost:80
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
For sure I've tried that...Or do I hurt the already installing ones?
ZinoFego: Then use: http://localhost:80/ampps

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
You do not have to halt your ongoing installing, this runs independent of that.

You should have a screenshot as shown below if you use http://localhost:80/ampps/. Try different browsers.

eze-best:
For sure I've tried that...Or do I hurt the already installing ones?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.