Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" (19216 Views)

5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Polio: 1:04am On Oct 27, 2013
To test one's faith and resolve.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by shdemidemi(m): 6:12am On Oct 27, 2013
Roman 5
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The way to the promiseland is through the wilderness.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by drgeorge1(m): 6:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Go read d story of biblical Job &d undertone reasons n lessons of his trials!
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by kayalade123: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2013
tintingz: but he allowed bad thing to happen to job right?

If u read JOB very well u will understand da JOB invited da devil.. the tin he was afraid of eventually happened.. in the new creation we do not entertain fear.. cos dis is wa it attracts.. the new creation will face challenges, trials and wa have u but there is a way of escape.. challenges have been faced with made me stronger and I can say dat I see ma self solving more problems or greater ones afterwards..

And to all you agnostics, I won't argue with u cos u don't have da knowledge to comprehend wa a child of God knows.. If u take the BIBLE you don't understand it so wats da point telling u wa u don't understand..

If u really think der is no God, den what do we have den??
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by kayalade123: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=mecussey]

its clear the Quran is saying the same thing as the Bible, so why are they quarelling, why are christians and muslims almost enemies. I understand the christians wants to tolerate islam but its not working.[/quote

The Bible never talked about fear in da new creation christ really made emphasizes on da.. no one should tolerate fear cos it is the opposite of faith... and without faith, the Bible says it is impossible to please your God..

Fear is of da devil.. its one of his instrument to dominate mankind..
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tintingz(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2013
kayalade123:

If u read JOB very well u will understand da JOB invited da devil.. the tin he was afraid of eventually happened.. in the new creation we do not entertain fear.. cos dis is wa it attracts.. the new creation will face challenges, trials and wa have u but there is a way of escape.. challenges have been faced with made me stronger and I can say dat I see ma self solving more problems or greater ones afterwards..

And to all you agnostics, I won't argue with u cos u don't have da knowledge to comprehend wa a child of God knows.. If u take the BIBLE you don't understand it so wats da point telling u wa u don't understand..

If u really think der is no God, den what do we have den??

go through my previous post where I quoted conversation between Jehova and satan, you will see that Jehova gave satan permission test job.

My question now is why did Jehova permits satan to test Job's faith?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by kayalade123: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2013
tintingz: go through my previous post where I quoted conversation between Jehova and satan, you will see that Jehova gave satan permission test job.

My question now is why did Jehova permits satan to test Job's faith?

Right, what testament are u on?? The old or the new.? The new creation has a lot of opportunities which da old testament would kill to have.. comparing that in this time n age won't give an answer to ur question.. in most instances man gave devil d right to oppress him and dominate him.. jehova permitted him be cos Job gave Satan d right to stand up in front of God to test him.. and da permission he gave to da devil is "FEAR"

Check da new testament see where fear pops up n see wa jesus teach abt it n wa his disciples teach about fear in der epistles.. why is da?? Cos its da Devils instrument to possess n dominate his subjects..

I won't say Jehova permitted satan, I would rather think dis way.. why is man not taking hold of his possession.. why is man allowing the devil to keep dominating and controlling him.. the earth belongs to him, although he lost it one time, now he s got it back thru christ...

Come to think of it, have u ever wondered why jesus uses the words "Son of Man" to describe himself or was he referring to us as that..??

How many of us know the TRUTH.. tell me.. ow many know da real TRUTH about the son of God.. tell me what is da TRUTH, what is da Christian faith all about..?? Pls tell me...
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tintingz(m): 10:32am On Oct 27, 2013
kayalade123:

Right, what testament are u on?? The old or the new.? The new creation has a lot of opportunities which da old testament would kill to have.. comparing that in this time n age won't give an answer to ur question.. in most instances man gave devil d right to oppress him and dominate him.. jehova permitted him be cos Job gave Satan d right to stand up in front of God to test him.. and da permission he gave to da devil is "FEAR"

Check da new testament see where fear pops up n see wa jesus teach abt it n wa his disciples teach about fear in der epistles.. why is da?? Cos its da Devils instrument to possess n dominate his subjects..

I won't say Jehova permitted satan, I would rather think dis way.. why is man not taking hold of his possession.. why is man allowing the devil to keep dominating and controlling him.. the earth belongs to him, although he lost it one time, now he s got it back thru christ...

Come to think of it, have u ever wondered why jesus uses the words "Son of Man" to describe himself or was he referring to us as that..??

How many of us know the TRUTH.. tell me.. ow many know da real TRUTH about the son of God.. tell me what is da TRUTH, what is da Christian faith all about..?? Pls tell me...
Lol...should I quote out the conversation between Jehova and Satan?, you are trying to condemn the old testament and believe new testament is the right new book. Ok let look at new testament, why did satan tempt Jesus your mighty god for 40 days and night and Jehova sit and watch his son tempted and satan even took him up to a mountain?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by kayalade123: 11:05am On Oct 27, 2013
tintingz: Lol...should I quote out the conversation between Jehova and Satan?, you are trying to condemn the old testament and believe new testament is the right new book. Ok let look at new testament, why did satan tempt Jesus your mighty god for 40 days and night and Jehova sit and watch his son tempted and satan even took him up to a mountain?

As u know and understand the new is better Dan d old that's y u have it.. in every aspect of life new things are better Dan old tins..

About jesus' temptation at d end of it all was it a struggle like job'... that was suppose to b an answer to ur question da d son of man rules and dominate over Satan..

And young man dis is not an argument.. its jus f us to understand better.. like dey say two heads better Dan one..
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by shdemidemi(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Man can cry foul all they like but the world is always directly opposite to God. God's ways are different from the ways of man and His thoughts are different from the thoughts of the world.
Ecclesiastes 3
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time (be it good, bad or ugly): also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Revolva(m): 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
grin na wa oo this kind of God sef..allows bad things to happen to us after creating us....and put us into a sinful n evil world...story story will never end

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by oluwao: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
According to our prophet Muhammad(S.A.W),he said "Good great reward always accompanied with great calamity,whenever AlmightyGod love a nation(or a person) he afflict him with calamity,if he please with the condition(by believing that it is atest frm God seekg solutn in a right way)he has surely entitled to greatpleasure from God immediately after the trial,but if he displease with it(by for-sake God and allow that to lead him/her to wrong deed)certainly he automatically drawing wrath of God on himself/herself. Think of prophet JOB and the end of his trial and calamity;A great PLEASURE
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by macof(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
oluwao: According to our prophet Muhammad(S.A.W),he said "Good great reward always accompanied with great calamity,whenever AlmightyGod love a nation(or a person) he afflict him with calamity,if he please with the condition(by believing that it is atest frm God seekg solutn in a right way)he has surely entitled to greatpleasure from God immediately after the trial,but if he displease with it(by for-sake God and allow that to lead him/her to wrong deed)certainly he automatically drawing wrath of God on himself/herself. Think of prophet JOB and the end of his trial and calamity;A great PLEASURE

Ur koran na wa o.

So Job is a prophet? Why didn't he see his calamity coming?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Take Advantage Of "5" Before "5" / Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) / Common Reasons For Late Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.