Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Mankind And God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mankind And God. (4159 Views)

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? / “I Am Gay. And God Loves Me.” / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
What is the relationship between God and Mankind? Why did God place man kind on this particular planet and not any other planet ? What really is the purpose of man to God in the world in relation to the creation stories in the holy texts(The Bible and The Koran)?
My questions stem from the fact that man appears to be a help less pawn in a chess game of forces more powerful than him. Man lives a life of strife that appears to terminate in death, and uncertainty.
What then is the purpose of life,if man is constantly involved in a life of strife between Good(God) and Evil(devil) of which the end is already predetermined by God.
Just thinking aloud.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nephdaniels(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
God is supreme...1st 2 comment sha
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
^
Agreed,but what is the role of man in all this?
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
the relationship between man and God waz suppose to be that between an obedient son and a loving father.......in the creation story,man was suppose to live within the boundaries set by God and play by the rules set by God as personified by the statement ''you may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you will surely die''.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
what God was saying was that you can only live when you believe in me and do what i say.anything outside of that leads to death and destruction. So the main purpose of man since the beginning of time is to know and do the will of the father.
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
^
Does this mean that God needs mankind to do his will in order for God to exist?
And where is the free will if man only exists to perform Gods will?
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
TheMadame: ^
Agreed,but what is the role of man in all this?
From Islamic perspective ;

''The sole purpose of creating man is to worship his creator (GOD) !!!

Man woulda initially been condemned to ''HELL'' (not necessarily fire) when he erred in his Original ''zion'' tagged Garden of Eden but Outa love , Man has been given a second chance on this fake zion(Earth) to redeemed his soul(free-will) against eternal condemnation but towards eternal bliss in his Original Zion !!!

Salam-Shalom !!

1 Like

Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
To the first question the answer is no. God will continue to exist no matter what we do or say. Doing his will is for our own good because as a human, following our own will and purpose will be counterproductive and self destructive as seen in the creation story.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
as for your second question,its a very intelligent question...so am going to research and bring my answer to you tomorrow *puts on thinking cap*
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
donroxy: From Islamic perspective ;

''The sole purpose of creating man is to worship his creator (GOD) !!!

Man woulda initially been condemned to ''HELL'' (not necessarily fire) when he erred in his Original ''zion'' tagged Garden of Eden but Outa love , Man has been given a second chance on this fake zion(Earth) to redeemed his soul(free-will) against eternal condemnation but towards eternal bliss in his Original Zion !!!

Salam-Shalom !!

1.Going by this postulation,does God need man to worship him eternally in order for God to exist?
2.Going by your second postulation,God in his benevolence decided to give man a second chance,however ,if God is omni-everything,he already knows the answers to those who will repent and make heaven and those who will not and perish in the eternal hell fire,so what is the purpose of creating man?
Finally where is free will in all this?Looks predetermined to me.
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
MAXWELLOKUMA: as for your second question,its a very intelligent question...so am going to research and bring my answer to you tomorrow *puts on thinking cap*

Okay.
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
Evening madame(grin)
God is self-sufficient. He just took pleasure in creating man.
Here's the primary reason man was created:
It's in the book of beginnings
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
God created man to dominate the earth and maintain order and light in the new realm of earth.
God is interested personally in man. Life is personal, but its also complex. Yet its simple.
You see ma'am
God gave man dominion. And man gave sin and satan dominion. That's why you have sufferings and evil. God created man with free will.
So man is in bondage to sin. But when we accept Jesus, we're free of sin, and truly find our purpose and value in God as we live for him and shine as light in his purpose. This is the simple gospel.

Man is sinful, and condemned, and he needs God's salvation. Its all about Jesus. When we find him and surrender to him, we're free. And we find our lives and purposes, eternal purposes, not temporal things.

If you're not free from sin yet, receive Jesus now ma'am
He's the saviour. It revolves around him
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
No,Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Fatir 35:15 O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh,But Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Worthy of all praise.
Surah Ibrahim 14:8 -And Mûsa (Moses) said:If you disbelieve,you and all on earth together,then verily! Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Owner of all Praise.

Allah is free of all needs,worthy of Praises.
Free will is given to man.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ash-Shams 91:7-8 -And by Nafs (a soul,etc.),and Him Who perfected him in proportion;Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him.
Surah Insan 76:3 -Verily,We showed him the way,whether he be grateful or ungrateful.
There's free will given to every man but Allah knows in his unlimited Knowledge what will happen.....Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan:
No,Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Fatir 35:15 O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh,But Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Worthy of all praise.
Surah Ibrahim 14:8 -And Mûsa (Moses) said:If you disbelieve,you and all on earth together,then verily! Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Owner of all Praise.

Allah is free of all needs,worthy of Praises.
Free will is given to man.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ash-Shams 91:7-8 -And by Nafs (a soul,etc.),and Him Who perfected him in proportion;Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him.
Surah Insan 76:3 -Verily,We showed him the way,whether he be grateful or ungrateful.
There's free will given to every man but Allah knows in his forebearing Knowledge what will happen.....Peace
I just wanted to ask a few questions, but I don't want to derail this thread. Maybe next time sir. Good evening. smiley
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: I just wanted to ask a few questions, but I don't want to derail this thread. Maybe next time sir. Good evening. smiley
If your questions are related to the topic,you are welcome.Evening sire.
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: If your questions are related to the topic,you are welcome.Evening sire.
ok, here's my first question:
what's your relationship with Allah? Since this thread is between mankind and God. What are you to him?
Re: Mankind And God. by LibertyRep: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
It may be that our role on this planet is not
to worship God, but to create him.
Arthur C. Clarke

Men create God in their own image.

1 Like

Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
TheMadame: What is the relationship between God and Mankind? Why did God place man kind on this particular planet and not any other planet?
What really is the purpose of man to God in the world in relation to the creation stories in the holy texts(The Bible and The Koran)?
The relationship between man and Allah(swt) is that man should worship Allah(swt)only and be grateful to him and Allah(swt) shouldn't punish the one who did so.
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah An-Nisa 4:147 -Why should Allâh punish you if you have thanked (Him) and have believed in Him.And Allâh is Ever All-Appreciative(of good),All-Knowing..To back it up with the sayings of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).It is mentioned in Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 52:Hadith 108 -Narrated Mu'adh:I was a companion rider of the Prophet on a donkey called 'Ufair.The Prophet(pbuh) asked,"O Mu'adh! Do you know what Allah's right on His slaves is,and what the right of His slaves on Him is?
I replied;Allah and His Apostle know better.He said,Allah's right on His slaves is that they should worship Him (Alone) and should not worship any besides Him.And slave's right on Allah is that He should not Punish him who worships none besides Him.
I said,O Allah's Apostle! Should I not inform the people of this good news? He said,Do not inform them of it,lest they should depend on it (absolutely).
And Allah knows best for placing mankind on earth and not any other planets.
My questions stem from the fact that man appears to be a help less pawn in a chess game of forces more powerful than him.Man lives a life of strife that appears to terminate in death,and uncertainty.
What then is the purpose of life,if man is constantly involved in a life of strife between Good(God) and Evil(devil) of which the end is already predetermined by God.
Just thinking aloud.
The purpose of life is Worship.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:56 -And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)..Also,life is also a test for mankind to know who's better in deeds.Allah further says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Mulk 67:2 -Who has created death and life,that He may test you which of you is best in deed.And He is the All-Mighty,the Oft-ForgivingSo,this life is a test for the hereafter and Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
LibertyRep: It may be that our role on this planet is not
to worship God, but to create him.
Arthur C. Clarke

Men create God in their own image.
so what's your purpose?
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: ok, here's my first question:
what's your relationship with Allah? Since this thread is between mankind and God. What are you to him?
I am a slave of the Most Gracious(Allah).He is my Lord and my purpose on earth is to worship Him and obey his orders and if I do so,he would not punish me.....Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: I am a slave of the Most Gracious(Allah).He is my Lord and my purpose on earth is to worship Him and obey his orders and if I do so,he would not punish me.....Peace
do you obey his orders?
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: do you obey his orders?
Yeah,I am trying my best to obey my Lord as he stated his Laws and orders in the glorious Quran......Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Yeah,I am trying my best to obey my Lord as he stated his Laws and orders in the glorious Quran......Peace
do you believe in moses?
Please what do you mean by "trying my best"? Can you explain?
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
@lanrexlan,
Sir,
Thank you for your input. If I understand you correctly,Mankind only exists to praise and worship Allah or God,and when man does this God in his benevolence allows man to live in order to die in order to get to heaven?
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: do you believe in moses?
Please what do you mean by "trying my best"? Can you explain?
Yes I do believe in Moses(pbuh).What I meant is that as a human,I am not perfect.The soul inclines to good and bad,so I am trying my best to resist the bad aspects and incline to the good which is obeying the commandments of Allah.Am I clear now?.....Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Yes I do believe in Moses(pbuh).What I meant is that as a human,I am not perfect.The soul inclines to good and bad,so I am trying my best to resist the bad aspects and incline to the good which is obeying the commandments of Allah.Am I clear now?.....Peace
do you believe in the law of moses sir?
Is your idea of heaven a perfect place? Is allah perfect?
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
TheMadame: @lanrexlan,
Sir,
Thank you for your input. If I understand you correctly,Mankind only exists to praise and worship Allah or God,and when man does this God in his benevolence allows man to live in order to die in order to get to heaven?
You are welcome madame.Yes,the reward of worship is Paradise as Allah(swt) says in the glorious Quran in Surah At-Taubah 9:72 -Allah has promised to the believers -men and women,-Gardens under which rivers flow to dwell therein forever,and beautiful mansions in Gardens of 'Adn (Eden Paradise).But the greatest bliss is the Good Pleasure of Allah.That is the supreme success..And Allah(swt) never fails in his promise[Surah Al-Hajj 22:47]......Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thank you all for your enlightening contributions. However I am a wee bit confused by the fact that man is a slave condemned to worship God/Allah perpetually in order to die for him to attain perfection(heaven).
Since God is all knowing then every event is predetermined by God. So man does not have free will so how can man be held accountable for his actions that are predetermined by The omnipotent God?
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
TheMadame: Thank you all for your enlightening contributions. However I am a wee bit confused by the fact that man is a slave condemned to worship God/Allah perpetually in order to die for him to attain perfection(heaven).
Since God is all knowing then every event is predetermined by God. So man does not have free will so how can man be held accountable for his actions that are predetermined by The omnipotent God?
an atheist might soon come here to indoctrinate you ma'am.

Man does not attain perfection by death.
When we die, we stand before God in judgement. If you have done sin, you stand condemned. And God as a judge judge, will condemn any sinful man to hell. If you have never sinned in your life, you're okay. But as far as I know, all have sinned. That's why we need Jesus. With his sacrifice, we are acquitted before God.
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
TheMadame: Thank you all for your enlightening contributions. However I am a wee bit confused by the fact that man is a slave condemned to worship God/Allah perpetually in order to die for him to attain perfection(heaven).
God just knows the end from the beginning. The man has freewill and chooses. God just knows his choice.
Some men have chosen to continue to make wrong choices and do evil and wallow in self righteousness. They might end up in hell, God knows that. But it doesn't stop him from influencing decisions and advicing as much as he can to take the good path. Because he is love. But the choice is mans. And at death. He looks up to see God the judge. He might. Think God is good, which is correct, but the very thing he trusts in; Gods goodness, will damn him to hell. Because God is a good and just and holy judge, and he cannot allow sin to go unpunished.
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: do you believe in the law of moses sir?
Is your idea of heaven a perfect place? Is allah perfect?
I believed in the Law of Moses(pbuh).We muslims call it Taurah.Allah(swt) is perfect,he's a supreme being.There's none comparable to him on earth and in heaven.Allah(swt) says in the glorious Quran in Surah Maryam 19:65 -Lord of the heavens and the earth,and all that is between them, so worship Him (Alone) and be constant and patient in His worship.Do you know of any who is similar to Him? (of course none is similar or coequal or comparable to Him,and He has none as partner with Him).[There is nothing like unto Him and He is the all-hearer,the all-Seer].
Surah Ash-Shura 42:11 -The Creator of the heavens and the earth.He has made for you mates from yourselves,and for the cattle (also) mates.By this means He creates you (in the wombs).There is nothing like Him,and He is the all-hearer,the all-Seer.
Surah Al-Mumenoon 23:14 -Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood),then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh,then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones,then We clothed the bones with flesh,and then We brought it forth as another creation.So Blessed is Allâh,the best of creators.
.Paradise is a perfect place,no false talk,all what will be heard is greetings of Peace and many more.It is narrated by Abu Huraira(May Allah be pleased with him):Allah's Apostle(pbuh) said,Allah(swt) said:I have prepared for My pious slaves things which have never been seen by an eye,or heard by an ear,or imagined by a human being[i.e. Paradise][Sahih Al-Bukhari 4/3244 O.P 467.].So,paradise is a perfect place.....Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: I believed in the Law of Moses(pbuh).We muslims call it Taurah.Allah(swt) is perfect,he's a supreme being.There's none comparable to him on earth and in heaven.Allah(swt) says in the glorious Quran in Surah Maryam 19:65 -Lord of the heavens and the earth,and all that is between them, so worship Him (Alone) and be constant and patient in His worship.Do you know of any who is similar to Him? (of course none is similar or coequal or comparable to Him,and He has none as partner with Him).[There is nothing like unto Him and He is the all-hearer,the all-Seer].
Surah Ash-Shura 42:11 -The Creator of the heavens and the earth.He has made for you mates from yourselves,and for the cattle (also) mates.By this means He creates you (in the wombs).There is nothing like Him,and He is the all-hearer,the all-Seer.
Surah Al-Mumenoon 23:14 -Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood),then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh,then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones,then We clothed the bones with flesh,and then We brought it forth as another creation.So Blessed is Allâh,the best of creators.
.Paradise is a perfect place,no false talk,all what will be heard is greetings of Peace and many more.It is narrated by Abu Huraira(May Allah be pleased with him):Allah's Apostle(pbuh) said,Allah(swt) said:I have prepared for My pious slaves things which have never been seen by an eye,or heard by an ear,or imagined by a human being[i.e. Paradise][Sahih Al-Bukhari 4/3244 O.P 467.].So,paradise is a perfect place.....Peace
have you ever bropken the torah sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ISIS Brutal Sexual Crimes - Burnt Woman For Refusing Extreme Sex Act / Pastor Adeboye Donates A Ward With Ventilators To LASUTH / The Gap Theory And The Pre-Adamic World Of Genesis 1:1-2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.