Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,487 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Mankind And God. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mankind And God. (4181 Views)

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? / “I Am Gay. And God Loves Me.” / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 5:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Dantedasz: So man does good deeds in order to avoid punishment (hell) in order to gain a fat reward (eternal life/beautiful heaven.
Man does not do good because it is ethically right to do good but because he selfishly seeks to make it to heaven?

And whose post did you make the above conclusion?
Re: Mankind And God. by Dantedasz(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
^^
Read your posts again.
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dantedasz: ^^
Read your posts again.
You need to read my post slowly again bro.
Re: Mankind And God. by Dantedasz(m): 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
lanrexlan: Yes,it's humane to do good because the breath of Allah was breathed into man when Allah created him[Surah As-Sajadah 32:9].So,by default man is created to do good deeds in order to attain high moral standards.
Our beloved prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was reported saying on the authority of Abdullah bin Amr(May Allah be pleased with him):Allah's Apostle(pbuh) neither talked in an insulting manner nor did he ever speak evil intentionally.He used to say:The most beloved to me amongst you is the one who has the best character and manners.[Sahih Al-Bukhari Book 57,Hadith Number 104]

Human beings should do good actions for moral and ethical reasons because these good actions are very beloved in the sight of Allah(swt) and it is also among the commandments of Allah(swt) laid down.
The recompense of doing good deeds as promised by Allah is paradise.
For example,someone is working because he wants to change his condition and the condition of people around him by the knowledge he possesses and also loves the Job.
But at the same time,he will expect something as salary at the end of the month as his recompense.

Similarly,human beings should do good actions because it will benefit mankind and also a commandment of the creator.He also expect a reward from Allah because he's doing good actions for the sake of Allah and also for ethical reasons(which is also a commandment of the creator).

Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:57 -I(Allah) seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures)nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures).So if Allah is telling mankind to feed themselves and feed his creatures,do good to themselves and do good to others.Don't you think people that do so deserves a recompense from their creator?

I hope you get my explanations Madame.
Re: Mankind And God. by Dantedasz(m): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
lanrexlan: I am a slave of the Most Gracious(Allah).He is my Lord and my purpose on earth is to worship Him and obey his orders and if I do so,he would not punish me.....Peace
Re: Mankind And God. by lanrexlan(m): 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
lanrexlan: Human beings should do good actions for moral and ethical reasons because these good actions are very beloved in the sight of Allah(swt) and it is also among the commandments of Allah(swt) laid down.The recompense of doing good deeds as promised by Allah is paradise.
Re: Mankind And God. by Dantedasz(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dantedasz: So man does good deeds in order to avoid punishment (hell) in order to gain a fat reward (eternal life/beautiful heaven.
Man does not do good because it is ethically right to do good but because he selfishly seeks to make it to heaven?
The point is that the omnipotent and omniscient God already knows the choice that man will make between good and evil so what is the point of anything, after all God already knows those to inhabit heaven and those to inhabit hell. If he does not know or is not sure then he can not be God, for one of the attributes of God is that he is all knowing.

Summary of your quoted posts!
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Dantedasz: The point is that the Bible potrays God as possessing the attribute of omniscience. God has complete and unlimited infinite knowledge and total awareness of everything. Nothing can be hidden from God.
If we take the above definition as true, how can we say man is free? If man is not free then how is man accountable for his actions/sins?
In my opinion, God has determined everything and any struggle by mankind to change anything is puny and an exercise in futility.

Maybe we are just pawns in a gigantic chess game between the forces of good and evil. The book of Job comes to mind.
Job chapt 1 verses 6-12.
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 11:09am On Jan 08, 2014
R
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
Kay 17: ^^

So why are you campaigning endlessly against hell?! When it is good
hell is just like prison. But eternal. You would personally campaign against it. But it is generally required for justice in eternity.

So chill and think about important practical stuff like this. Ma'am.

Sorry for the late reply
Re: Mankind And God. by Kay17: 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
^^
I'm still in my twenties, I'm not old.
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
Kay 17: ^^
I'm still in my twenties, I'm not old.
okay
Re: Mankind And God. by Sylvekzee(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
man exists to creat things more powerful than him, even Gods.
Re: Mankind And God. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sylvekzee: man exists to creat things more powerful than him, even Gods.
okay. So what do you mean by "God"?
Re: Mankind And God. by Dantedasz(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2020
undecided

Hmmm.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 17, 2020
TheMadame:
What is the relationship between God and Mankind? Why did God place man kind on this particular planet and not any other planet ? What really is the purpose of man to God in the world in relation to the creation stories in the holy texts(The Bible and The Koran)?
My questions stem from the fact that man appears to be a help less pawn in a chess game of forces more powerful than him. Man lives a life of strife that appears to terminate in death, and uncertainty.
What then is the purpose of life,if man is constantly involved in a life of strife between Good(God) and Evil(devil) of which the end is already predetermined by God.
Just thinking aloud.

Contact Jehovah's Witnesses and ask for this book!

Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 1:04pm On May 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Contact Jehovah's Witnesses and ask for this book!

Did you read the thread at all before jumping in advertising your book? I don't want copy and paste answers. I am asking you to relay your personal relationship with God and why man is on earth.
Is it just to worship God as someone has said? What is the relationship between freewill and determinism? Can man be free with an omniscient God? What is the relationship between morality and the bible? Can mankind be a moral being without the admonition of the bible?
So sir,I am not looking to buy a book. I seek for personal human answers. Thank you.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 17, 2020
TheMadame:

Did you read the thread at all before jumping in advertising your book? I don't want copy and paste answers. I am asking you to relay your personal relationship with God and why man is on earth.
Is it just to worship God as someone has said? What is the relationship between freewill and determinism? Can man be free with an omniscient God? What is the relationship between morality and the bible? Can mankind be a moral being without the admonition of the bible?
So sir,I am not looking to buy a book. I seek for personal human answers. Thank you.

The book is FREE and it has all the answers you seek, but if you've gotten the choice of answers you seek it's OK, your friends will attend to you Sir!

Thanks! smiley
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 3:09pm On May 17, 2020
Maximus69:

The book is FREE and it has all the answers you seek, but if you've gotten the choice of answers you seek it's OK, your friends will attend to you Sir!

Thanks! smiley

Tell me what the book says in your own words.
Thank you madam. Your contribution is appreciated ma.
Re: Mankind And God. by sonmvayina(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2020
What Most Of Us Fail To Comprehend Is The Fact That God In His Infinite Wisdom Created Us Like This, With The Ability And Capacity To Make Choices. He Has Already Factored In All The Possible Outcomes, He Gave Us Laws, Commandments And Customs(omenala Or Omenani For The Igbos And Torah For The Jews) To Guide Us In Making Better Choices, So That We Can Have A More Fulfilling And Fruitful Human Experience. End Of The Day, We Are All Gods Walking A Human Path Or On A Human Journey.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 17, 2020
TheMadame:

Tell me what the book says in your own words.
Thank you madam. Your contribution is appreciated ma.

Hmmmmmmmm Since 2013 seven years ago! embarassed

OK you may ask your questions one after the other and get the answer to each.

Please one at a time! smiley
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 4:56pm On May 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmm Since 2013 seven years ago! embarassed

OK you may ask your questions one after the other and get the answer to each.

Please one at a time! smiley

Madam,
The questions are still as relevant as there were in 2013.
Go back to the OP and read the questions. Thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 17, 2020
TheMadame:

Madam,
The questions are still as relevant as there were in 2013.
Go back to the OP and read the questions. Thank you ma.

First of all Maximus69 is a man!

As i've said the book answered all your questions but let me address just two so if you're satisfied then you go get the book but if not then you continue on your search!

God is only self-existent, he had no beginning nor end of days, he created all things according to the book (Bible).

Of course most inquisitive people will ask "where did he come from?" just to be sure they're not been deluded with yet another common human fabrications. But as an intellectual i consider the pros and cons of all wind of teaching before i conclude on what to do.

Humans are the only intelligent creatures on the only planet with life (earth) and the book (Bible) said humans need God's guidance to coexist peacefully. Jeremiah 10:23
So if humans for thousands of years failed woefully to cultivate LOVE JOY and PEACE in our society, and the book said God will make it possible amongst his worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4} i strongly believe the stage is set to unravel all these fairytales!

Let's see if that's going to be possible with the way mankind has been devastated with racism till now!

To my shocking surprise i found a religious group that has LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their midst during a time when HATRED, SADNESS and WAR is the order of the day!
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 17, 2020
God's purpose for man is for us to have the best of life but due to being the only intelligent creature on the planet we envy one another. God wants one of the creatures on this planet to oversee all others that's why we were created with the ability to think and plan unlike other creatures living on instinct!

God promised that he's going to make LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign in the midst of his own worshipers (obedient humans) and Jehovah's Witnesses are fulfilling this today, God promised to end all badness but before he does that he will have to prove himself to be God! Ezekiel 38:23

This means what seems impossible in the human society will be seen in the midst of his own worshipers, so if despite all these they're still doubting his existence he will have no other choice than to destroy them!

That's why he gave them this new name in the year 1931 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
Re: Mankind And God. by TheMadame(f): 5:27am On May 18, 2020
Maximus69:

First of all Maximus69 is a man!

As i've said the book answered all your questions but let me address just two so if you're satisfied then you go get the book but if not then you continue on your search!

God is only self-existent, he had no beginning nor end of days, he created all things according to the book (Bible).

Of course most inquisitive people will ask "where did he come from?" just to be sure they're not been deluded with yet another common human fabrications. But as an intellectual i consider the pros and cons of all wind of teaching before i conclude on what to do.

Humans are the only intelligent creatures on the only planet with life (earth) and the book (Bible) said humans need God's guidance to coexist peacefully. Jeremiah 10:23
So if humans for thousands of years failed woefully to cultivate LOVE JOY and PEACE in our society, and the book said God will make it possible amongst his worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4} i strongly believe the stage is set to unravel all these fairytales!

Let's see if that's going to be possible with the way mankind has been devastated with racism till now!

To my shocking surprise i found a religious group that has LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their midst during a time when HATRED, SADNESS and WAR is the order of the day!

Have you considered the point that this religious book,you keep on quoting,some people do not believe it to be the true words of God?
Secondly how do you know for sure that Earth is the only planet inhabited by human forms? Has science visited all the discovered planets in the galaxy for you to conclude that Earth is the only planet with life forms?
Why would a creator of such a vast galaxy of planets put life forms on only one planet so that the objective of this creator is for his creations to worship him/her in order to go to heaven?

And you talk of a creator just destroying his/her creations just like a petulant child that throws his/her toys out of a pram? I doubt if what you described can be the intellectual omniscient, omnipotent all wise creator of the universe.
This is why I told you I don't want cut and paste free books which you read and regurgitate on this forum. I want your personal brain process of the relationship between God and mankind.
NB:I know you are a man but do you know I am a woman? You refered to me as Sir first,so I referred to you as ma. No hard feelings.
Re: Mankind And God. by Nobody: 7:00am On May 18, 2020
TheMadame:

(1)Have you considered the point that this religious book,you keep on quoting,some people do not believe it to be the true words of God?
(2)Secondly how do you know for sure that Earth is the only planet inhabited by human forms?
(3)Has science visited all the discovered planets in the galaxy for you to conclude that Earth is the only planet with life forms?
(4)Why would a creator of such a vast galaxy of planets put life forms on only one planet so that the objective of this creator is for his creations to worship him/her in order to go to heaven?

And you talk of a creator just destroying his/her creations just like a petulant child that throws his/her toys out of a pram? I doubt if what you described can be the intellectual omniscient, omnipotent all wise creator of the universe.
This is why I told you I don't want cut and paste free books which you read and regurgitate on this forum. I want your personal brain process of the relationship between God and mankind.
NB:I know you are a man but do you know I am a woman? You refered to me as Sir first,so I referred to you as ma. No hard feelings.

I love the way you've opened up on what you truly had in mind and i must commend you for such confidence, truthfully it's noteworthy! smiley

Well let's treat you questions one after the other.

(1) The book itself revealed that it has always been like that, in every generation less than 1% do believe (trust) in his word, so if that's what is happening today it's a confirmation that the book is true! smiley

(2&3) The book said God created the heavens (all the things we see in the sky) and the earth, then it began explaining the gradual process God used to prepare the earth for it to sustain life.
Ma with all their space adventure, scientists never discovered life elsewhere and they will never find it because God's word (Bible) said this is the only place God prepared for life to exist! Psalms 115:16 smiley

(4) The book never said humans will go and live in heaven from the onset, so earth is mankind's permanent home! Psalms 37:29
God said he supposed to be our ruler NOT for our fellow man to rule over us, but since mankind chose man's rulership God decided to allow that so that we can all see how far it will go! Ecclesiastes 4:1, 8:9

He (God) promised to arrange for a form of government where humans will become participants in that government, the one who will head that government must be a perfect person that's why an angel put one human form to come and counsel humans on how to rule with God in mind, it's this angel that promised his friends that he will like to take them home to where he lives so that they can rule the earth from there together. But for the rest of obedient mankind, we will live forever as youths on this planet!

That's the promise! Psalms 37 9-11; 67:6-7; Proverbs 2:20-22; Isaiah 65:21-25

All these i won't believe (trust) ordinarily if i never saw anything of that nature taking shape!

Jehovah's Witnesses are zealously preaching and teaching globally, and they're already making people from all over the earth to form that global family of peace loving worshipers as prophesied in that book! Isaiah 2:2-4

Jesus promised to exterminate the rest of mankind if they continued to be rebellious {Luke 19:27} at first i thougth that's too hash, but when i remembered that it's just only a pair that multiplied to this billions we have now, and the book also said God at one time destroyed all land creatures only to preserve each pair and eight humans in a floating vessel, i have no doubt this same God won't do the same to end all badness! smiley
Re: Mankind And God. by confusedlady(f): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
TheMadame:
What is the relationship between God and Mankind? Why did God place man kind on this particular planet and not any other planet ? What really is the purpose of man to God in the world in relation to the creation stories in the holy texts(The Bible and The Koran)?
My questions stem from the fact that man appears to be a help less pawn in a chess game of forces more powerful than him. Man lives a life of strife that appears to terminate in death, and uncertainty.
What then is the purpose of life,if man is constantly involved in a life of strife between Good(God) and Evil(devil) of which the end is already predetermined by God.
Just thinking aloud.

Anti christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2015 Flood Gates Of Heaven Dec 7-12th / Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? / The Holy Quran Converted Me (an Imam) To A Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.