Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,037 members, 7,953,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? (2165 Views)

A Car With Ankara Paint / How Do I Completely Drain Fluid In Torque Converter? / Starting A Car With AC On: Good Or Bad Practice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by jjjkkkooo: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Is there any one magnanimous enough to explain how to scan my Honda city 2007 with Torque
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by elektra80: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
To use torque for android, u need to get a Bluetooth wireless obd ii scanner like ELM327 and pair it with ur phone. Once u connect the scanner to ur car, then turn on bluetooth on ur phone and search for the obd ii device. Once it is paired then launch the torque app, wait for the app to connect with the ur car ecu and u are good to go. I use this app all the time. If u want to get the best out of it, buy the torque pro and u can read real time information of ur car.
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
elektra80: To use torque for android, u need to get a Bluetooth wireless obd ii scanner like ELM327 and pair it with ur phone. Once u connect the scanner to ur car, then turn on bluetooth on ur phone and search for the obd ii device. Once it is paired then launch the torque app, wait for the app to connect with the ur car ecu and u are good to go. I use this app all the time. If u want to get the best out of it, buy the torque pro and u can read real time information of ur car.

Spot-on, brother.

I purchased Torque Pro early this year, and the Bluetooth VCI. It's permanently plugged into my car's OBD port, so I can check codes on the move, and display real time data.
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by jjjkkkooo: 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
how much does d ELM327 cost and where is it sold?
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
jjjkkkooo: how much does d ELM327 cost and where is it sold?

I paid £14 (N3,600) for mine back in February, but they can be had for as little as £7.50 (N1,900) these days. They're available on eBay.
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by jjjkkkooo: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
I can't seem to find the OBD port of the car. Does it come with every car?
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by jjjkkkooo: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
A friend just told me that the revving problem is caused by faulty timing sensor. Similar thing was fixed for him in kaduna
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by elektra80: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2013
jjjkkkooo: I can't seem to find the OBD port of the car. Does it come with every car?

ur obd II port should be somewhere under ur dash. Check below ur steering, that is where Honda normally put it. Also for the elm327, I bought mine for 8,500 naira in Lagos. Since u are in Abuja I don't know if the seller can send it to Abuja for u. But her no is +2347043720790. U can call her.
Re: How Can I Scan My Car With The Torque Android App? by Olisa4all: 11:30am On Oct 21, 2013
Does anyone know where I can get this ELM327 bluetooth adapter here in Lagos?

(1) (Reply)

Questions On Toyota Camry 2004 Engine Swap / Vehicle Pre Inspection Purchase. / Need Help On The Type Of Mobile Oil To Use On My Avalon 2002

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.