Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses (534 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by validplanet: 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
i'm a Baptist, however, i admire my brothers in Jehova witnesses. i like their commitment in sharing God's word with people and i welcome them anytime they come around. this afternoon when came back from church, they knocked on my door. i opened and brought them in and we had a study. i thot maybe i should share it here.
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by validplanet: 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
actually, they r not new to me. i've had a complete course with one of them some years back. but when i came to the point of becoming their member, i told him "no". i'm not leaving my church. so, when this new brother came around, i told him from onset i've completed their course and that i'm not ready to join their church. but he insisted he has something different to share with me. so, i welcomed him in.
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by validplanet: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
so, today, we started studying from their booklet titled "Good news from God". i will read from the book and also from the bible. then they explain.
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by validplanet: 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
God will end all human suffering when His government starts to rule the world. we had a disagreement on who rules the world today. they said the devil rules, but i had a different opinion ( i will talk more on that later) but one thing amused me...

yeah, he read about the promise of Jesus to the thief by his side on the cross "today, you will be with me in paradise" he said the promise wld be fulfilled in the future. so i asked where Jesus and the thief went to when they died that very day....
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by validplanet: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
they tried to convince me that a human spirit is the same as an animal's spirit- they read from Ecclesiastes to prove that. when a person dies, the body returns to dust and the spirit returns to God. and the spirit no longer becomes conscious of anything.

well, i reminded them that Moses was dead and Elijah was taken up by chariots of fire. but at the mount of transfiguration, they both appeared and talked with Jesus. so who were those pple the bible called Moses and Elijah at the mount of transfiguration?

my Jehova Witness brothers said they wont answer the question today, but will do that when they come back next sunday.

Till then, i will update you with our studies.
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by newpaparazzi(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
validplanet: they tried to convince me that a human spirit is the same as an animal's spirit- they read from Ecclesiastes to prove that. when a person dies, the body returns to dust and the spirit returns to God. and the spirit no longer becomes conscious of anything.

well, i reminded them that Moses was dead and Elijah was taken up by chariots of fire. but at the mount of transfiguration, they both appeared and talked with Jesus. so who were those pple the bible called Moses and Elijah at the mount of transfiguration?

my Jehova Witness brothers said they wont answer the question today, but will do that when they come back next sunday.

You hav done well by giving them a chance to discuss with you. I know they will help you on your questions using the Bible. So try to give them more time subsequently.
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
I like their preachn
Re: Studying God's Word With Jehovah Witnesses by raptureready: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
validplanet: they tried to convince me that a human spirit is the same as an animal's spirit- they read from Ecclesiastes to prove that. when a person dies, the body returns to dust and the spirit returns to God. and the spirit no longer becomes conscious of anything.

Nice. Thank God u r not a novice when it comes to the bible or u could have been deceived.

I disagree with Jehova witnesses because their doctrine contains a lot of contradictions, and refuses to acknowledge some things clearly stated in the bible. They are generally nice people though.

But my dear eh, what u r doing may be very dangerous for your own faith oh! Look at the bible;

Col 2:8 ... Beware, lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Gal 1:8-9 ... But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

2 john 1:10-11 ... If there come any unto you and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed;
For he that biddeth him God speed is a partaker of his evil deeds.

A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful With Money / Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? / The Illusion Of "Free Will" (part 3). Who Has Resisted "GOD'S WILL"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.