Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,149 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award (7283 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message / New Photo Of Patience Jonathan / Lol Caption This Photo Of Patience Jonathan And Rotimi Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Youngzedd(m): 6:51am On Oct 21, 2013
ADO-EKITI — Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, yesterday, faulted critics of Nigeria’s first lady, Patience Jonathan over the honorary doctorate degree conferred on her by a university in South Korea.
The minister, who spoke in Ado-Ekiti, said that the criticism was “not only out of place, but also bereft of common sense.”
Wike was in Ado-Ekiti for the inauguration of the College of Technology building in Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD, named after President Goodluck Jonathan.
It will be recalled that some Nigerians, including the opposition party, All Progressives Congress, APC, had condemned the decision by Mrs. Jonathan to receive the award.
The critics had said that it was ill-timed for the first lady to receive the award, when universities in the country were shut down because of ASUU strike.
Wike said that there was nothing wrong with the action of the first lady as long as it was the university that decided to extend such rewarding gesture to her.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/wike-faults-critics-first-ladys-honorary-degree-award/
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by kingarizona(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2013
Oya Nairalander haters take over

Ndi ara le le, achori PEJ angry, ghost mode them no go c her cheesy

Hater keep have, she don collect Doctorate degree, weda she deserve am or not, we no wan know, wetin we know say PEJ has a doctorate degree. Weda jonah swallow fish abi fish swallow jonah. Wetin dey important na d swallow
So if u are hating that pej has a dotorate degree, dey dia she go soon collect another Native dotorate degree from the UNIVERSITY OF OKIJA from prof Okija juju oon ond hnd bsc msc phd nphd

But before I walk out of this tread, I wan to say a big thank u to youngzedd for creating this tread and d mod for putting it on front page, to my Blackberry battery upon say e dey shine red, e still allow me to write all this nonsense way make sense, e no con write battery to low for radio use, radio way I no dey even see for the phone and to that bastard black clock way dey dance for every blackberry phone way dey always waste my time anytime I wan f**k up. And to all the Nairalanders for waiting for me to comment like say na me give the MB and BIS to browse, and to NEPA, may God purnish them for not giving us light for 3days now undecided
this is another achievement from me since ASUU went on strike, but if I'm not an elderly and respected person on Nairaland I would have shouted FIRST TO COMMENT, but since I'm, lemme keep quite like nothing happened gringringrin

10 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by xtianh(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2013
Hon. Minister did not back his arguement up with enough reasons. So the critics are still right

5 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Meringe(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2013
Do you expect him not to defend her even if she doesn't worth/merit it?

Another gist biko!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by sademola: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2013
Wike has said nothing sensible. Nobody says the award was wrong but the timing. why leave your turf troubled to receive award elsewhere. It could be pushed a bit forward or accelerate the resolution of the home front be4 the acceptance. Like Wike, Like Patience

2 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by simpleseyi: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2013
My Minister of Education is also the Media Assistant to the First Lady.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by laplace19(m): 8:32am On Oct 21, 2013
When has Nyesom Wike turned to be Patience's mouthpiece or Personal Adviser?

He should have allowed PEJ to defend herself with those her thunderous and unimaginable blunders

However,Wike knows too well that PEJ didn't merit the doctorate degree,but trying to oppose the award publicly will lead to his elimination as did to his predecessor Prof.Rufai Rugayyatu by GEJ grin

So as for those casting aspersions on PEJ pertaining to her unmerited honorary doctorate degree.....I dey una back ooo grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by slimghost(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2013
sademola: Wike has said nothing sensible. Nobody says the award was wrong but the timing. why leave your turf troubled to receive award elsewhere. It could be pushed a bit forward or accelerate the resolution of the home front be4 the acceptance. Like Wike, Like Patience

Was she not the same woman your people and the Old mad professor called "domestic appendage"? Now you want her to help accelerate the resolution of the home front? Why do you useless hypocrites always speak from both sides of your mouth?. Let the woman be and go get a freaking life.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Miracleojo(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2013
oppossition and the puerile way of ratiocination...if to say na one nigeria uni na their stance could have been reasonable but this is a university in korea for Godsake.
must anything pertaining to gej be criticized
the president might not be doing well by making the strike to linger but its even more apocryphal to link her award to ASUU.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by slimghost(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2013
Miracleojo: oppossition and the puerile way of ratiocination...if to say na one nigeria uni na their stance could have been reasonable but this is a university in korea for Godsake.
must anything pertaining to gej be criticized
the president might not be doing well by making the strike to linger but its even more apocryphal to link her award to ASUU.

My brother, that's the kind of opposition we have in Nigeria, dumb, desperate and idiotic in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by omenka(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2013
Who listens to this thug
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by emekaxy: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
laplace19: When has Nyesom Wike turned to be Patience's mouthpiece or Personal Adviser?

He should have allowed PEJ to defend herself with those her thunderous and unimaginable blunders

However,Wike knows too well that PEJ didn't merit the doctorate degree,but trying to oppose the award publicly will lead to his elimination as did to his predecessor Prof.Rufai Rugayyatu by GEJ grin

So as for those casting aspersions on PEJ pertaining to her unmerited honorary doctorate degree.....I dey una back ooo grin grin

Don't mind the cow, maybe because it concerns University Education so he feels he has to talk on her behalf foolish disgruntled iriot like Wike.

When he was Jnr to Rukayatu, on ASUU strike he said he can't do much because as a Jnr Minister u are incharge of primary and Post primary education, now only him supervises the who education sector what has he done?

Rectangular peg in a round hole.
Mtcheeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Symphony007: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
When did it become the duty of the education minister to defend and hold brief for the first lady. These are the kind of people delivering mr president's foul air.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
What do you expect from a morron?

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by alotofgrace(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2013
brb
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Lucaskid(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2013
wike let PEJ defend herself with those grammars of hers,and u also knw say she no worth d award u jst wan collect some ego abi i see u ooo.#ASUU matter dey dere

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by dridowu: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2013
Wike ? Cant say
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by carmenblandish: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2013
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIKE BUTTON.

Goes to show you dont have to go to school to be a graduatesmileysmiley

School nor dey bring money eeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2013
Over to you kids, I pray ASUU have mercy on your little minds and offer you more education for adequate reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Lilimax(f): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2013
Wike said that there was nothing wrong with the action of the first lady as long as it was the university that decided to extend such rewarding gesture to her.

What is the noise about angry?
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by alotofgrace(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2013
Youngzedd:
It will be recalled that some Nigerians, including the opposition party, All Progressives Congress, APC, had condemned the decision by Mrs. Jonathan to receive the award.
The critics had said that it was ill-timed for the first lady to receive the award, when universities in the country were shut down because of ASUU strike.

so the fact your daughter is in disagreement with your son should stop you from honouring a neighbours gift?

APC is becoming All Present Confusionists angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2013
This Wike of a man is a big time azz-licker in Gej family. This goes to show how miserable his life will be if Gej leaves office 2moro. Sychophant!

Well, as usual, i expect this thread to tear into two factions (the pro and anti gej/pej) grin and i must tell you am fully for 'anti-gej/pej'. Those for anti-gej/pej, abeg hit 'LIKE' jare. Life is too short to dangle around a clueless corrupt president.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Myque1(m): 9:48am On Oct 22, 2013
More pressing issues to address than this...
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by bigx(m): 9:49am On Oct 22, 2013
and ASUU is still on strike
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Danjunior(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2013
If she talk, una go say she too talk. If she no talk unkooor , una go say she no talk... PEJ, I NO BE UR FAN OOO. But NO SEND dem shaa
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2013
Billyonaire: Over to you kids, I pray ASUU have mercy on your little minds and offer you more education for adequate reasoning.

And yet we pray this sychophantic stwepidity of urs shall not lay you 6feets beneath the earth surface soon.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by danny301: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2013
Wike is just working for his money... Anybody in his position would say the same-thing so no bad feelings.

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by kingzjay(m): 10:17am On Oct 22, 2013
Made in China products don't last oh! Why not Havard or Manchester? People Deceiving People (PDP)!

How does this affect the price of garri or the ASUU strike?

1 Like

Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:24am On Oct 22, 2013
You are so daft!!!!!!!
king arizona: Oya Nairalander haters take over

Ndi ara le le, achori PEJ angry, ghost mode them no go c her cheesy

Hater keep have, she don collect Doctorate degree, weda she deserve am or not, we no wan know, wetin we know say PEJ has a doctorate degree. Weda jonah swallow fish abi fish swallow jonah. Wetin dey important na d swallow
So if u are hating that pej has a dotorate degree, dey dia she go soon collect another Native dotorate degree from the UNIVERSITY OF OKIJA from prof Okija juju oon ond hnd bsc msc phd nphd

But before I walk out of this tread, I wan to say a big thank u to youngzedd for creating this tread and d mod for putting it on front page, to my Blackberry battery upon say e dey shine red, e still allow me to write all this nonsense way make sense and to that bastard black clock way dey dance for every blackberry phone way dey always waste my time anytime I wan f**k up. And to all the Nairalanders for waiting for me to comment like say na me give the MB and BIS to browse, and to NEPA, may God purnish them for not giving us light for 3days now
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by folahann(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2013
Why wait for ASUU to call off strike. You can still get your degrees by making alot of money elsewhere and pay for honorary Doctorate degree which is much greater than the one ASUU will give u
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by litetias(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2013
The minister still has guts to open his trap when he should be apologising for his incompetence. #OnlyinNigeria
Re: Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2013
xtianh: Hon. Minister did not back his arguement up with enough reasons. So the critics are still right
One hater detected..

(1) (2) (Reply)

103 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Kaduna, Face Deportation / DEAL: Buhari to legalize gay marriage if US helps him win, / Recent Happening In The East - Lessons For Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.