Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Hubu Dunyah (love Of The World) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hubu Dunyah (love Of The World) (562 Views)

Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris / See What The Love Of Money Caused At A Church In Lagos / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hubu Dunyah (love Of The World) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
( HUBU DUNYA /WORLDLY LOVE ) Words related to love: shahgaf= passion hub=love ishq= passionate love hayam=passion gharam=infatuation hawa=affection wajd=strong emotion shawq=longing wid=enticing walah=madly in love taytum=obsession futun=infatuation ghazal=flirting lawaa=enslaved to love sababa=ardent love sabwa=sensual love ghamart=agonised by love habeeb=beloved habibi=man u lov habiati=woman u love habibi=my love or my darling. Dunya means 'world', it comes frm d rooot word danaa which means near, lowly. Dis life is called al hayyat ad dunya because its d near, d apparent, d current existence and inferior i comparison to d next world whic is d akhirah. Allah said, ponder over d Quran itself, do ur best not to get too attached to this temporal world and its trappings (Quran 47 vs 24)

Allah says'' this has been made beautiful to pple; d lov of d desires such as women, sons, piled up heaps of gold and silver, branded horses, cattle and land. Dis is d provision of dis life but with Allah is d best place of return (surah imran vs 14). D dunya is a place which contains all d objects of human desire of d human soul. It is in reality a mere transition and has no lasting meaning. D life of dis world is like a beautifully coloured flower which impress those who see it but shortly after, it turns to dead leaves and dust and its blown away by d wind. D prophet said, d enjoyment of dis world compared to d enjoyment in d hereafter is nothing more than what comes back with ur finger wen u deep ur finger into d ocean (sahih muslim) dis hadith shows dt d enjoyment of dis world is just a drop of water compared to dat of d akhirah whic is d ocean itself.

When d desires of dis world are tempting us to neglect d obedience of Allah and not to follow d injuctions of d prophet, we shud rememba d lowliness of dis life and its insignificance wen compared wit d hereafter, its ntin more than a testing groun. Allah said ''o people, d promise of Allah is surely true so do not let d worldly life deceive u nor be deceived by d deceiver (surah faatir vs 5). Dnt let d life of dis world draw u away frm d worship of Allah. Lets remember dts d first reason y we wer created is to worship Allah. Allah said 'i have not created jinn or mankind except to worship me. D prophet said, surely dis world is sweet and fresh and Allah makes us d heirs of it and watches what you do. So fear of dis world and fear women (sahih muslim)

D human heart naturally is a slave to something, if that slavery 'uboodiyah' is not directed to Allah, then ur heart wil direct itself to smtin else peacefuly or forcefully and get attached to it. D prophet said, verily dis dunya is cursed and everything in it is also cursed except for d remembrance of Allah and all that goes with it and a scholar or a student of knwldge (sahih tirmithi). This hadith shows dt if u r nt in any of dis category, u r cursed. The major problem in d ummah today is d love of d worldly things at d expense of our deen. This worldly material is d same tool dt d shaitan uses to capture our hearts away frm Allah. D prophet was one of d poorest creature at a certain point in his life. Ther was a time wen he had only 1 garmen2 left, ther was a time wen he spent almst 4 months eatin only dates(debino) wit his wives.

D sahabas who were very rich merchants willingly gave out their wealth in charity till dy became poor for d sake of Allah to propagae islam and dy wer contented wit their condition. Ther was a sahaba called musab ibn umair, he was one of d earliest to embrace islam, he was frm one of d wealthies homes in makkah, he was d most pampered baby and d 'flower of quraysh'. He lived in luxury. His perfume ws so strong dt it can be perceived frm 90 houses away frm him. He was d talk of d women of makkah. At then d prophet had started preaching islam secretly not publicly yet. Dis rich boy was one of d most attentive listeners to gossip so he heard dt a new religion had been established. One nyt he secretly went to a place wer d prophet was praying and teaching d few sahabas he had then. Musab was touched and he embraced islam.

Musab's mother khunaas bint maalik was a terifying woman wit a strict personality who pple fear alot includin musab because of her power, wealth and influence. One day, smbody saw musab prayin and went to tell musab's mother dt musab has embraced islam and his mother summoned him questioned him and tortued him to change bt he refused. His cloth was seized and properties. Later his mother disowned him and he went away happily to join d prophet. He started wearin d roughest shirts, eatin once a day and goin hungry another day. He became more dedicated to islam and many embraced islam thru him. In d battle of uhud he protected d prophet and was shoutin like a lion to distract d atention of d enemies frm d prophet to himself, he killed many and later his 2 arms was cut and struck wit a spear then he fell down and died wit his face to d ground in form of sujud.

Another sahaba abu dharr alghifariy was fondly called 'd enemy of wealth'. A sahaba was once given 4000 dirhams as gift, he spent all of dem in sadaqah within one day, d next day a man saw him buying smtin in d market on credit, it was asked that, wat happened to d money u wer given yesterday? So dy said he used all d money to help people so he has no money left today. When all d properties in d house of that sahaba was calculated, it wasnt even worth up to 100 dirhams. Ther was another sahaba who hated spendin money on himself, so he was given certain amt of money to build a big house, so he used d money to build a house that was only as tall as his own height and spend d remaining money in charity. Also, one of d prophet's wives safiyah bint huaiyy was known as 'ummul masakeen'(mother of d poor) because she was d kindest to d poor.

One day, aisha r.a had only a loaf of bread left in d house, ther was no other foodstuff left, so suddenly a beggar came around begging, so aisha asked her slave gal to give d beggar d bread, d slave gal said, dts all we have left hw can we giv him evrytin? Aisha said, i said give it to him. So d slave gal gave it to d beggar reluctantly and ther was ntin left to eat anymore. Shortly after, one of their neighbours, suddenly brought a very large meat as gift for aisha, so aisha turned to her slave gal and said, have u now seen that Allah is d provider? D gal was speechless. One day, umar came to visit d prophet and met d prophet lying on d mat, wen d prophet got up, umar saw d marks made on his back by d mat, so umar started crying and said, u r here wallowing in poverty while d unbelievr kings r in wealth, prophet said, dy r after d world while we r after d akhirah, do u expect us to be like them

All these and more examples r d way d prophets, sahabas, women, tabiyeen and salafusaliheen gave up their wealth and avoided hubu dunya. If only we knw wat d akhira is all abt, dis world wil not mean a thing to us. Lets nw assess oursleves, how much do we give out in comparison with how we spend on ourselves: how many clothes av u given to pple? Have u eva given ur most treasured posesion to any1? Hw many times have u cooked for a beggar? Hw many pple's thirst av u quenched free of charge? Can u gave 2000 as sadaqah? Hw often do u give discounts to ur customers? We use phones worth 40k yet whereas we cn donate dt money to d orphanage home. We waste our time and wealth on worldly things because we r chasing a mere shadow(dunya) while ignoring d real image(akhirah)

Its always abt ourselves, ourselves alone and ourselves only, its never abt others. We spend so much money to make ourselves beautiful and outstanding among our peers, we go to expensive schools, use exp phones, exp cars, exp bracelets and earrings, creams and exp perfumes and exp mansions, exp clothes and exp shoes but when it comes to givin our sadaqah, we give d beggar d dirthiest 20naira in our purse. We like keepin frnds frm d average homes or rich homes bt we avoid the poor people because we dnt wanted to be seen in d midst of wretched pple who will be a burden on us. D prophet said, a marriage ceremony organized where only d rich are invited and d poor pple are not invited will not be a blessed marriage. (baihaqui)

One day, d prohet was in a gathering of his companions, a woman came and proposed to d prophett right there, d prophet didnt say anything but bent down his head, a sahaba stood up and said, o prophet, incase u r nt interested, grant her to me, am interested, d prophet asked d man, what do u have dt u can give her as bridal gift? D man said, i dnt have any property except d garment am wearing,so i wil giv it to her, d prophet said, wen u giv her u wil become named and viceversa, go home and search for anytin even if its a ring, d man went home and came back and said, o prophet, i didnt find anything in my house, d prophet then said, how much of d Quran av u memorized? D man tld d prophet abt d extent which he has memorized then d prophet said, dat will serve as ur bridal gift to her. D man and d woman got married happily.
Sisters, ask yourself, can u marry a man who tld u that he has only one shirt as his property??

Lets analyze ourselves: as students, some of us get money frm our parents wen resuming semester while others work for theirs. Wen we get dis money, we divide it into d folowin: money for fees, money for stationeries, money for airtime, money for accomodation, money for clothes and jeans, moeny for daily little expenses and we keep d rest in d bank incase of emergency traveling or health problems. But we dnt make any provision for MONEY FOR SADAQAH, we dnt reserve any portion for helpin people, helpin MSSN, its always about us, us and us its neva abt others. This is one of d branches of selfishness. Thats is d reason why we find out that weneva pple seek our financial assistance, we dnt always have suficient money to give them because we nevr made provision for it in d first place. Uthman ibn affan r.a said, wealth dts not spent in islam is a source of destruction.

Lets see d peak of selfishnees: it has to do with d mizers in d society, d men of timber and calibre, d movers and shakers of d society, dy embezzle and acumulate d wealth meant for d masses in both their home and foreign accounts, dy even open account for their unborn children, while d citizens r in hunger. Such men have fleets of cars and houses in almost every state, dy are pot-bellied, all they know is d 3w's (wealth, women and wine). One thing abt money is that, d more u have it, d more it dominates ur thoughts and d more u become thirsty for it and d more it leads u astray. D prophet said, every ummah came with a fitnah and d firnah(trial) of my ummah is wealth(sahih bukhari). In another hadith, d prophet said, a time will come when my followers wil compete for wealth and it wil destroy them just as it destroyed d pple before them.

Whenever u r praying, pray that Allah shud grant u d kind of wealth dt wont lead u astray but be a source of propagatin d deen. If Allah doesnt grant some of ur duas, it means thats not what u need, he has better plans for you. ''and Allah is d best of planners''(Quran8 vs 39). D prophet said, what is destined for u wil reach you even if its underneath 2 mountains and wat is not destined for u wil never belong to u even if its already betwenn ur lips(sahih muslim). Allah said ''whoever fears me, i wil find a way for him out of every difculty and i wil provide for him frm sources that he could never have imagined (Quran 65 vs 2-3). D prophet said, if a son of ada, was given 2 valleys filled with gold, he will still wish for a 3rd valled.(sahih muslim). This hadith shows that no amt of wealth can ever satisfy we humans.

Thr irony of life is that, ther r certain things that we humans can never be satisfied with: hunger, thirst, sexual urge, money, love and fear of death. These 6 things will eventualy defeat u no matter how long u fight it off, u can only supress it bt cant destroy it. Money is like alcohol, it intoxicates gradually. D drunkard thinks dt if he drinks only one cup he wil be satisfied, but before he knows it, he wil drink a bottle, 2 bottles and more until he becomes addicted to it. Money does d same thing. If u dnt have job yet, u wil say 'if only i av a job i wil be satisfied wit d little money i get' gradualy wen u start gettin dat salary. U soon become tired of it and u want to upgrade ur lifestyle, thats wen d intoxication begins, u wil go for a bigger job, u wil get more and more money, u wil never be satisfied. D bigger ur salary is, d higher d demand to meet.

So u wil get carried away buy ur job because of d money, u wil begin to neglect ur religions , u become too tired everynyt for tahajjud, salatul duha wil not even be in ur dictionary anymore, u wil not rememba monday and thursday fasting again, u wont have time for islamiyah or tarleem , ur Quran wil start piling up with dust, u wil be d last person to go to jumat and d first person to leav there, u begin to misss congregational salat and u start combinin salat, during subhi u r sleepin, during zuhr u r at work, durin asr u r in a meeting, durin maghrib u r hangin out wit frnds, durin isha u r stuck in d hold-up, u become to busy to attend to ur home and ur husbdna, during d weekend u r on businesss trips, all u do is chase money up and down, until death unexpectedly comes to u like a thief in d night, dts wen u realize u r doomed, u didnt enjoy ur money and u lose d akhirah as well

D sahabas deliberately decided not to enrich themselves, dy spent their wealth on islam til dy became poor because dy didnt want to surround themselves wit luxury dat wil attach their hearts to d world. Dy lived simple lives and money was a slave in their hand bt money is our own master today, d sahabas controled money bt today money controles us. We keep wanting more and more, this and that, we keep drowning in d ocean of d dunya. In surah kauthar vs 1-8,Allah said: 1)d mutual rivalry for piling up wealth diverts u frm d serious things 2)until u visit ur graves 3)but ne,ye shall knw d reality 4)again, you shall soon know 5)again, ye shall knw with certainty 6)you shal certainly see hellfire 7)again, u wil definately see it coolthen u shall be questioned dt day about d enjoyment u indulged in. SubhanAllah, Allah warned us about hubu dunya with an entire surah yet we dnt take heed.

On d last day, we will stand for 50000 years b4 judgement commences. Among d righteous ones that wil enter jannah, d poor wil enter paradise long before d rich people because a poor man has ntin much to account for but d rich has to account for evry dime he earned, how he got it, how he kept it and how he spent it and evrytin he owns. They wil be given such a tough time that dy will start wishing dy were nevr rich in d first place. Thats d case of d pious ones among d rich, what of those who r nt pious Abu hurayrah narated dt d prophet said, anyone whom Allah has given wealth but he does not pay its zakat, them on d last day his wealth wil appear to him in d shape of a huge bald-headed snake wit poisonous glands in its mouth and it wil encircle itself round d person and bite him in his cheek and say, 'i ay ur wealth, i am ur treasure' (sahih bukhari bk 60 had 88)

Indeed d fear of money is d beginnin oof wisdom if only we understand. A scholar said, d amount of worldly love in women is higher than its amount in men, every woman no matter her amount of piety wil av some level of materialism in her, dy can never be satisfied, dy wil always keep askin and dy r always at d receiving end, dy r never contented and dy r not grateful, dts y d largest inhabitants of hellfire are women who r ungrateful to their husbands. D prophet said, if u r always kind to a woman, she will be happy but if only one day u do something she doesnt like, she will say,' u have never been good to me' (sahih bukhari) scholars, sahabas, prophet and d pious predesors have said alot about hubu dunya, lets see what dy said:

1) d prophet said, a time wil come wen my ummah wil love 5 and forget 5 things; dy wil love life and forget death, love wealth and forget acountability, love creatures and forget creation, love sins and forget forgiveness and love mansions and forget graves (sahih tirmithi)

2)shayk habib umar said, if Allah had created us because of dis world, he wouldnt have created death

3)jannah is real, hell is real, grave is real, judgement day is real, dis world is d illusion/fake.

4)yahya ibn muadh said, o son of adam, u seek d world as if ur life depends on it and u seek d akhirah as if u dnt need it, u wil acquire wat is destined for u in dis world even if u dnt chase it but u wil only acquire jannah if u chase it, so beware of ur true condition.

5)he who is not contented wit wat he has wil not stil be contented wit wat he wants wen he has it

6)wen we r poor or sick we go close to Allah, but wen ALLAH bless us wit wealth or health again we go back to celebrate it wit shaitan

7)Khalid ibn walid said, d world destroys d fool bt d inteligent destroys d world

coolumar said, wallahi if i had all d gold and silver in d world, i wil pay it to avoid d torment of what comes after death.

9)d prophet said, i am not afraid that u pple wil commit shirk bt i am afraid that d worldly life wil tempt you and cause u to compete wit eachother for it.

10)ibn qayyim said, i am surprised at one who seek for what he losts frm his property whereas he has lost himself and doesnt look for it.

11)abu dards said, what makes me laugh is a person who has hopes on d world while death is pursueing him.

13)ibn jawzi said, if a person was given d whole world, it wil not still fill his emptiness.

14)imam ghazali said, dnt be too proud of wearing designer shirts wen d last thing u wil wear is a piece of cheap white cloth

15)uthma said, worrying abt d dunya is darkness and worrying abt d akhirah is light

16)how rich are you if u have millions of naira, houses and cars yet u cnt afford a room in jannah.

17)we run after d world, d same world dt was a place of punsihment for our father adam.

18)hasan al basri said, these world is a vehicle, if u drive it,it wil deliver u safely but if it drives u,it wil destroy u.

19)ali said, how strange is mankind, he chases wealth while losing his health, to regain d health he wastes his wealth again, he ruins his present by worying abt d future and ruins his future by worying abt his past failures, he lives as if he wil nevr die and dies as if he were nevr born(wasted life).

20)ibn qayyim said, how strange, u lose a little frm ur wealth and u r cryin while ur whole life is wasting and u r laughing

21)wen u have a little, u complain, wen u have more u stil complain but wen u lose all dts wen u realize dt little was enuf for u in d first place.

23)hasan al basri said, d water is boiling, d knife is being sharpened yet d ram is still eating, he further explained dat it means, hell is already blazing, death is coming yet pple r chasing d world.

24)dis world is like a beautful angel, who)ver proposes to d world , d world wil not accept ur proposal until u give up ur religion as brideprice. May Allah remv frm our heart d love of d things dat takes us away frm him,amin (end of lecture)
Re: Hubu Dunyah (love Of The World) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
where are my brothers and sisters in faith?

(1) (Reply)

Strange Message And Image Appear In Brasil,pls Moderator Front Page / Becoming Rich Can Make You Wicked / Spoof; Catholic Church To Be Privatized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.